• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR; Joshua and Samantha's 1st Trip (Sep 17-26 '09) [Train Tour Pics!]

GREAT ADR'S!!!! ALL LOOK LIKE A GREAT CHOICE
:yay: on the DDP

I love the luggage for the kiddos and I just know ya'll will make it through the airport just fine!!!! even if the children walk holding on to the strollers and the luggage and what not's ride!!! :laughing:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
THREE WEEKS TO GO!!!

GREAT ADR'S!!!! ALL LOOK LIKE A GREAT CHOICE
:yay: on the DDP

I love the luggage for the kiddos and I just know ya'll will make it through the airport just fine!!!! even if the children walk holding on to the strollers and the luggage and what not's ride!!! :laughing:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
THREE WEEKS TO GO!!!
Yeah...I'm sure we'll manage somehow.....and I love those dancing happy faces!

By the way, I planned on getting in a post about this past weekend's event today, but my glasses broke on me....and I've been barely able to see my computer screen. I have an appointment here in a little bit, so hopefully I'll be good & ready to try again tomorrow.
:laughing:

What great luggage!! It looks very durable :thumbsup2 And that pink is sooo cute--you can tell Samantha she'll be very styling in the airport with that! :goodvibes And so that Joshua doesn't feel left out, you can tell him he'll be quite the cool dude ;) I can't believe you all will be in Disney World in less than 3 weeks!!! YAY! :woohoo:

eek! :scared1:I never thought about traveling through the airport with all that stuff!! Oh well - I guess we won't be the first or the last to manage to get it done :yay:

We bought our boys their first "big people" luggage too but DS keeps asking for his Ninja Turtle bag :headache:

What great luggage!! It looks very durable :thumbsup2 And that pink is sooo cute--you can tell Samantha she'll be very styling in the airport with that! :goodvibes And so that Joshua doesn't feel left out, you can tell him he'll be quite the cool dude ;) I can't believe you all will be in Disney World in less than 3 weeks!!! YAY! :woohoo:
Samantha is a very stylin' girl. She has a great sense of fashion for a 3-year old.

cute luggage!

Very creative with the X. I'm impressed you were able to find a character or 2. : )
Oh man...X was SUPER HARD. Bridgette just called this morning to tell me she had no idea who the two characters were. :laughing:

eek! :scared1:I never thought about traveling through the airport with all that stuff!! Oh well - I guess we won't be the first or the last to manage to get it done :yay:

We bought our boys their first "big people" luggage too but DS keeps asking for his Ninja Turtle bag :headache:
hahaha....the kids have their "big people" luggage and then small rolling Disney character suitcases as their personal items. As Hannah Montana would say...they got the "Best of Both Worlds" :rolleyes1

Okay….I finally have some time to prepare a report about our past weekend. You may or may not know that Disney, to promote its upcoming November movie, has sent “A Christmas Carol” Train across the country. Well, this past weekend, the Christmas Carol Train Tour stopped in Oklahoma City…all of a few blocks away from where I work.

So, after getting up and around slowly in the morning on Saturday we made our way downtown to check it out…getting there at about 11am.

We parked nearby and got out to go over to the train station.
Walked by a few outside events, but kept on heading to the train station…where you have to start your tour.

Ended up being a fairly long line. 3-5 minutes in a side queue, then another 5-10 minutes in a front queue, then through some doors, and into a queue heading up some stairs to where the trains are (another 10 minutes or so), and then once up on the platform, another 15-25 minutes. Anywhere from 30-50 minutes (easily) to get in the train. The kids did a great job…not too fussy and we tried to keep them entertained. Going in September to Disney, my bet is we will rarely have any lines that long.

085.jpg

088-1.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

155.jpg

164.jpg

163.jpg

100-1.jpg

102.jpg

098.jpg

And then finally, inside the train! First area included Costumes, Masks, and artwork from the movie. Then some cool models. Next, a fun morph area, where you could morph your face into one of the characters in the movie. Bridgette, Joshua, and Samantha morphed into Tiny Tim. My mom and I morphed into Scrooge. (Still waiting on Wal-Mart to e-mail us our photos) And then the last train was set up like a cozy living room at Christmas time.

114-1.jpg

106.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

166.jpg

171.jpg

172-1.jpg

176.jpg

179-1.jpg

181.jpg

187.jpg

173-1.jpg

Oh and I forgot to mention…there was also a train car that included props showing how the motion-captured the actors to get the CG movements for the characters. Very cool.

192.jpg

193.jpg

194.jpg

201.jpg

120.jpg

Once done with the train, we went back downstairs and outside. Set up outside, there were several booths that had fun movie-related toys/activities for the kids. A really cool wooden train whistle, some temporary tattoos, coloring pages, activity books, a poster…

Also set up outside, was a cool portable/inflatable movie theater. Every 10-15 minutes they were able to usher in a new group of people. Inside, everyone put on 3-D glasses and heard a little bit about the making of the movie and then we got to see 3 or 4 preview scenes for the movie. Initially, I wasn’t sure what to think about the movie, but after having seen the preview, I am really excited about it. It looks good and the 3-D is very cool!

206.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg

Samantha trying to catch some snow:

211.jpg

213.jpg

214.jpg

215-1.jpg

After that! Time to go! At this point, it was now 1:00 and we were STARVING!!

216-1.jpg

217.jpg

The Trian tour was very fun. Kids had a good time and it was a neat experience. Glad we did it (and it was FREE!!)

As you may have noticed in one of those pictures, Joshua was able to bring his camera and take some photos himself. Now going to post some pictures Joshua has taken with his new camera (of the tour and of other things)

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

013-1.jpg

(can you see the snow)

012-1.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

022-1.jpg

His pictures of the bison were much better than mine

023.jpg

Some pictures in the car LOL

025.jpg

030-1.jpg

032.jpg

LEGO store at the mall:

038-1.jpg

039-1.jpg

040-2.jpg

054.jpg

071_edited-1.jpg

075.jpg

076-1.jpg

And now for a couple pictures by Samantha (who has a very funny habit of taking pictures of the ground) LOL

081.jpg

083-1.jpg

Okay….I finally have some time to prepare a report about our past weekend. You may or may not know that Disney, to promote its upcoming November movie, has sent “A Christmas Carol” Train across the country. Well, this past weekend, the Christmas Carol Train Tour stopped in Oklahoma City…all of a few blocks away from where I work.

Awww man, how the heck did I miss this?? I had no idea the train tour was stopping here. :headache: Of course last weekend I couldn't have gone anyway - we were at the football fields all day Saturday.

It looks like a really cool tour. And, I'm impressed with Joshua's pictures, he really does a pretty good job. :thumbsup2

Awww man, how the heck did I miss this?? I had no idea the train tour was stopping here. :headache: Of course last weekend I couldn't have gone anyway - we were at the football fields all day Saturday.

It looks like a really cool tour. And, I'm impressed with Joshua's pictures, he really does a pretty good job. :thumbsup2

Yeah, it was a lot of fun...but definitely busy. When we left at 1pm, the line to get into the train was stretching all the way out of the train station. If we waited 45 minutes, then line at that point was probably a good 1:15 or longer.

OH...AND ANOTHER BIG THANKS FOR THE JACK SPARROW COSTUME!! VERY EXCITED ABOUT JOSHUA DRESSING UP ON ONE OF OUR MAGIC KINGDOM DAYS!!!

Awesome about the DDP! We're doing free dining (though I think I'd rather be staying where you are!) and we did it last time. I love the DDP. It so much easier than worrying about how much this meal or that meal will cost (although we are paying a little attention since you do still have to pay gratuity. Last time we were on it we got appetizers AND no gratuity...ahhh the good ole days-being 2 years ago).

LOVE Joshua's pictures! Don't you just love pictures from a kid's point of view. My kids each have a camera for this trip, but it's just a 3mp Disney PixClix and I'm worried about the quality. I'm thinking about getting them both "real" camera for Christmas so they have them on our next trip in June. Just one note here (and you can take it or leave it), I noticed in the one picture that is shows Joshua holding the camera that he doesn't have the wrist strap around his wrist. Maybe he usually wears it, but I just wanted to mention that I always make sure DS4 is wearing the wrist strap when he uses my point-and-shoot (I've told him so many times that it's automatic now). I have dropped the camera enough times that I always make sure that I wear it too. The pavement at Disney can be pretty rough on cameras. Just thought I'd mention it (and hope this doesn't come across the wrong way). :goodvibes

I SOOO want to do the train tour when it comes here, but it's going to be here on a TUESDAY at like 6pm. And I think it takes about an hour to get there. So I'm not sure if we'll get to go or not because that's a school night. We might go anyway, but we'll have to see. It just looks so cool and my mom and I have been Christmas Carol fans for a long time. Plus, of course, I think the kids would LOVE the train! ;)

Just 2 1/2 weeks now! I can hardly wait, so I'm sure you all feel the same way! :woohoo:

Awesome about the DDP! We're doing free dining (though I think I'd rather be staying where you are!) and we did it last time. I love the DDP. It so much easier than worrying about how much this meal or that meal will cost (although we are paying a little attention since you do still have to pay gratuity. Last time we were on it we got appetizers AND no gratuity...ahhh the good ole days-being 2 years ago).

LOVE Joshua's pictures! Don't you just love pictures from a kid's point of view. My kids each have a camera for this trip, but it's just a 3mp Disney PixClix and I'm worried about the quality. I'm thinking about getting them both "real" camera for Christmas so they have them on our next trip in June. Just one note here (and you can take it or leave it), I noticed in the one picture that is shows Joshua holding the camera that he doesn't have the wrist strap around his wrist. Maybe he usually wears it, but I just wanted to mention that I always make sure DS4 is wearing the wrist strap when he uses my point-and-shoot (I've told him so many times that it's automatic now). I have dropped the camera enough times that I always make sure that I wear it too. The pavement at Disney can be pretty rough on cameras. Just thought I'd mention it (and hope this doesn't come across the wrong way). :goodvibes

I SOOO want to do the train tour when it comes here, but it's going to be here on a TUESDAY at like 6pm. And I think it takes about an hour to get there. So I'm not sure if we'll get to go or not because that's a school night. We might go anyway, but we'll have to see. It just looks so cool and my mom and I have been Christmas Carol fans for a long time. Plus, of course, I think the kids would LOVE the train! ;)

Just 2 1/2 weeks now! I can hardly wait, so I'm sure you all feel the same way! :woohoo:

Yeah, we were lucky on the Train Tour and that it was actually in OKC for a full weekend.

No problem on camera advice...I appreciate it. And actually, this weekend, we bought him a strap so he can wear it around his neck. So...for now, we're going to give that a try :rolleyes1

OH...AND ANOTHER BIG THANKS FOR THE JACK SPARROW COSTUME!! VERY EXCITED ABOUT JOSHUA DRESSING UP ON ONE OF OUR MAGIC KINGDOM DAYS!!!

You're very welcome! :goodvibes And THANK-YOU for the Disney dollars, that was very nice of you. DS was super excited about that and asked me to put them up for him to spend when we go in December.

How fun! I'd seen somewhere that it was coming to OKC...but I never thought to follow up on it. We were helping my parents work on a rental remodel, so we couldn't have gone, but it looks like a blast!! :thumbsup2 Your kids look like they enjoyed it. And Joshua did a great job taking pictures!! Some of them look like someone much older took them! And you were right--he does have some good ones of Samantha since they're on the same level :goodvibes

You're very welcome! :goodvibes And THANK-YOU for the Disney dollars, that was very nice of you. DS was super excited about that and asked me to put them up for him to spend when we go in December.
Awesome! How very smart of him to want to save that for the trip. :thumbsup2

How fun! I'd seen somewhere that it was coming to OKC...but I never thought to follow up on it. We were helping my parents work on a rental remodel, so we couldn't have gone, but it looks like a blast!! :thumbsup2 Your kids look like they enjoyed it. And Joshua did a great job taking pictures!! Some of them look like someone much older took them! And you were right--he does have some good ones of Samantha since they're on the same level :goodvibes
Yep....I'm glad to see he's getting some good pictures...lol, who knows what he'll end up with on the trip.

Weekend update:

Friday -- took the kids up to register for a new co-op that they will be apart of this year...it is a Friday "school-type" environment. Some of Joshua's K-2 classes we signed him up for include Math/Writing Games, Gym class, Music class, Science Discovery, and Art in Geography. Bridgette volunteered to teach the Preschool class so Samantha will get to be in there with her.

Saturday -- Met up with soonergirl to pick up the Jack Sparrow costume for Joshua...then, I had a fantasy football draft, while Bridgette spent the day hanging out with her sister. They haven't had much hangout time lately and Bridgette was loving all the time with her.

Sunday -- Between morning/evening church services, we got some Disney trip shopping done:
Sam's Club -- picked up some juice for the kids and batteries (Joshua's camera, the Leapster)

Best Buy -- went to Best Buy to get a replacement battery charger for Bridgette's camera (she lost hers at a hotel in July). Didn't have one in stock at Norman, but supposedly Moore did...cost was to be about $40-45. Well, at home Bridgette looked up the retail price and it was only supposed to be like $30. Then, she got on Amazon and found a quick-shipper who was selling an opened, but hardly-used one for about $19. So, she ordered it.

Target -- Some "necessary" clothes for me, snacks, money pouch, strap for Joshua's camera, and headphones for the kids.

Anyone noticed that just preparing for a Disney trip can get expensive :laughing:

Weekend update:

Friday -- took the kids up to register for a new co-op that they will be apart of this year...it is a Friday "school-type" environment. Some of Joshua's K-2 classes we signed him up for include Math/Writing Games, Gym class, Music class, Science Discovery, and Art in Geography. Bridgette volunteered to teach the Preschool class so Samantha will get to be in there with her.

Saturday -- Met up with soonergirl to pick up the Jack Sparrow costume for Joshua...then, I had a fantasy football draft, while Bridgette spent the day hanging out with her sister. They haven't had much hangout time lately and Bridgette was loving all the time with her.

Sunday -- Between morning/evening church services, we got some Disney trip shopping done:
Sam's Club -- picked up some juice for the kids and batteries (Joshua's camera, the Leapster)

Best Buy -- went to Best Buy to get a replacement battery charger for Bridgette's camera (she lost hers at a hotel in July). Didn't have one in stock at Norman, but supposedly Moore did...cost was to be about $40-45. Well, at home Bridgette looked up the retail price and it was only supposed to be like $30. Then, she got on Amazon and found a quick-shipper who was selling an opened, but hardly-used one for about $19. So, she ordered it.

Target -- Some "necessary" clothes for me, snacks, money pouch, strap for Joshua's camera, and headphones for the kids.

Anyone noticed that just preparing for a Disney trip can get expensive :laughing:

Yes preparing can be very expensive. That's why it's a good idea to do more then 1 trip a year. You don't have to prepare nearly as much for the 2nd and 3rd trips. :rotfl:

Also, I love Amazon!

Yes preparing can be very expensive. That's why it's a good idea to do more then 1 trip a year. You don't have to prepare nearly as much for the 2nd and 3rd trips. :rotfl:

Also, I love Amazon!
This is the BIG trip, so a lot more going into trying to make it "perfect" :laughing:

The one in November will be much easier/simpler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter