PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

Really? You are that close!!! Hmmm, that trip my MIL keeps pestering us to take to see family (she keeps emailing me pics of lakeside cabins up there) is suddenly sounding like a lot more fun. :thumbsup2

I liked that I found the cybershot in pink! Hello, my birthday present in November!

Oh dear Lord!!! Does that thing just shake and go way over from side to side??? There is no way you'll see me on that thing!

These are hilarious to me!!! I want to ride in a pair of Dutch shoes!!! :lmao:

We live in central New Hamshire so we can get to most of New England within 3 hours....I'm not talking the woods of Maine but NH and VT are really small compared to the rest of the country.

Pink! I want a new one now:hyper:

The Crazy Barn goes up and down on that arm and rocks in all directions....but the worst part is there is no air up there....it's not all open on the ride vehicle.

You'd have to ride twice to get a pair of Dutch shoes ;)

I looooove Storyland. It put a huge smile on my face just seeing the pictures. Let's see if I can remember all the comments I wanted to make.

That crazy barn is evil. Never again, I can't believe they let kids on it!
I have fond memories of milking that cow. Last time I went, I still did it and I was 22!
I like the 3 little pigs houses. They make me smile.
We always took our pictures at Humpty too!
CP --- I am not far from Storyland either...you should do a trip...and I will meet you at Storyland. ::yes::
I love the swan boats, do they still have the large one that fits groups? We did that last time and it was so much fun.

Ahhh...thanks for bringing back some of my memories!! :goodvibes

We live in central New Hamshire so we can get to most of New England within 3 hours....I'm not talking the woods of Maine but NH and VT are really small compared to the rest of the country.

Pink! I want a new one now:hyper:

The Crazy Barn goes up and down on that arm and rocks in all directions....but the worst part is there is no air up there....it's not all open on the ride vehicle.

You'd have to ride twice to get a pair of Dutch shoes ;)

The last time we went to Vermont (2004) we flew in to Boston, and then drove to Barre by way of New Hampshire. It didn't seem too long of a drive except that I was in the back seat sandwiched between two kids (we went with extended family) -- that made the drive seem a bit longer.

:lmao: about the pair of Dutch shoes!

Love your mini-report so far - I've made a mental note - between 5:00 and 8:00 for the circus. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting that airline fee chart - that's unbelieveable! I'm glad we fly Southwest too! Let's hope they continue to try to be a unique airline and don't follow all of the others with the big fees! :scared1:

Can't wait for the rest of your Storyland adventures!

Love your mini-report so far - I've made a mental note - between 5:00 and 8:00 for the circus. :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting that airline fee chart - that's unbelieveable! I'm glad we fly Southwest too! Let's hope they continue to try to be a unique airline and don't follow all of the others with the big fees! :scared1:

Can't wait for the rest of your Storyland adventures!

I get to book my return flight next week with Southwest so let's hope their prices stay low!

I'm gonna try to finish up Storyland this afternoon....I hadn't intended for it to be this long.

Storyland...the saga continues....

It was probably around 1pm now and DS still had not taken a nap but was still in a really good mood so we pressed on. After riding the TRACTOR RIDE again we headed back to the front of the park. We only rode attractions that were rated for infants, there are also rides rated for toddlers and then ones with 48 inch height restrictions...

storyland6-12.jpg

Next up was the Buccaneer Pirate Ship...think Jungle Cruise and POTC rolled into one tiny package. I was very pleased when Liam wasn't scared of this bird while we waited in line....it singed, talked and played the harmonica
storyland6-10.jpg

A family of Canandian geese were enjoying the park that day as well
storyland6-9.jpg

On the pirate boat ride
storyland6-8.jpg

Next we checked out the Let's Pretend gift shop....lots of princess stuff...not a lot for little boys but I did manage to get something for Liam and save me money in the future as well. I got him one of those light up spinny things like they sell at Disney...but I got this one for $4 bucks...we'll be taking in with us in October.

It was time for an ice cream...this time I had learned...I took DH's order and sent him over to the grassy area to get Liam's juice and snack ready and so that Liam could crawl around for a bit.
At Pixie Treats I got 2 soft serve ice creams and a large soda in a souvenir cup for $6...no too bad.
After that I did a little shopping in Miss Muffet's Market
storyland6-2.jpg

I got a logo cereal bowl for DS $2.50
a coffee mug for myself $7.00
a monkey plush for DS $3.00
a Lemur plush for me $8.00 (I love lemurs and had never seen a plush before)
a mini photo album $3.00 (turned out to be junk)
and the coolest Christmas ornament that looks like the enterance building $10.00
This is the building that the ornament looks like...
storyland6.jpg

We wanted to take the train ride around the park but we decided against it and did the Antique cars instead...this was the only ride with a wait and about half way Liam got real anty...so I pulled out the monkey and we made it thru.
After that it was time for a bathroom break...Liam was asleep during our switch off so we decided to leave....it was just after 3pm at this point.
storyland6-1.jpg

storyland6-4.jpg

storyland6-3.jpg

Oh I almost missed this picture...Storyland provides free of charge strollers...you get what you pay for....
storyland6-11.jpg

Looks like the 1955 model to me!

Well that does it for my (not so) mini Storyland TR. It is a really nice park and a get place to practice for a very expensive Disney trip.

Thanks for sharing your Storyland adventure! I'll post some pictures of our weekend too - either on my TR (if it's still open) or on yours (if it's not). :)

You mentioned a 48" height restriction on some of the rides... I believe that is just for riding alone - we have been able to take both boys on every ride in the past and neither of them are 48" yet. Although those are probably not rides you would want to take a 1 year old on, even with adult supervision. One tip for you when you decide to take Liam on the Polar Coaster - rest your arm on the seat behind his head because when you go up the first hill, the ride sort of engages with the track and it does a wicked wiplash thing - Zachary wacked the back of his head on the hard plastic seat the first time up. :thumbsup2

Good Polar Coaster tip Amy.

And thanks for clearing up my mis-statement about height. I have the info sheet in front of me now.....

The minimum height for a child to ride ANY ride alone is 48 inches. On the Polar Coaster, Crazy Barn, Flying Fish and Dr.Geyser's Raft ride they must be 36 inches to ride with an adult.

And yes you must post pictures of your trip next week. And since I have the sheet in front of me.....
Showtimes:
Circus.....12pm, 2pm & 4pm
Imagination musical stage show ....10, 12:30, 2:30 & 4:30
Hilltop Harmony musical stage show....11, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30

How 'bout I get back to posting about my Disney trip!!!!

I typed up my game plan for arrival day....here it is:

Plan of Action for the First Part of Sunday October 26th

• wake up time TBD: _________
• get ready
• get Liam ready
• pack last minute stuff
• leave for airport no later then TBD:_________
• drop Heidi & Liam and luggage curbside
• check luggage with Skycap
• John park car and bring car seat
• get breakfast
• go thru security
• depart at 7:20 am
• arrive 10:10am
• take fake monorail
• get luggage
• pick out rental car

Decide on one of the following plans before leaving the airport, decision based on what time it is, how hungry we are and the weather.

Plan A:
• go straight to resort to check in (room will probably not be ready)
• get lunch
• get groceries

Plan B: (preferred plan)
• get lunch
• check in at the resort
• get groceries

Plan C:
• get lunch
• get groceries
• check in at resort

Plan of Action for the Second Part of Sunday October 26th

After we have had lunch, gotten groceries and are in our room:

Relax/Nap Play at the beach/playground
Unpack & Organize Stuff (Heidi) Explore the Resort

(If it will be raining all night: Plan B is dinner at 1900 Park Fare at 5:45pm ADR # XXXXXX, leave by 5:15pm)

Plan A: Leave for the Boardwalk Resort between 5 – 5:30pm
Park the car at the Boardwalk Inn Resort
2101 EPCOT Resort Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-1000
Valet parking is $10….Parking lots are huge and far from the lobby.

Dinner is at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
(If the wait is unbearable…Back-up plan is dinner at The Fountain at the Dolphin resort)

Things to do:
• play on the beach at the Beach Club
• stroll and relax around the Yacht Club
• play carnival games on the boardwalk
• watch the boardwalk entertainers
• check out the sweets at the Boardwalk Bakery

Please let me know if you see any holes in my plans or if you have a suggestion!

Wow...I'm totally impressed with your itinerary :worship: ...love, love, love the "plan A, plan B, plan C" and "other things to do" and "if it's raining out" and all. I hope I can be this detailed when I start doing daily planning. Can't wait to see more!

Wow...I'm totally impressed with your itinerary :worship: ...love, love, love the "plan A, plan B, plan C" and "other things to do" and "if it's raining out" and all. I hope I can be this detailed when I start doing daily planning. Can't wait to see more!

:welcome: Trixiequilts!

More is coming up in the next few days

I had a wonderful surprise in my mailbox this week. Charleston Princess was sweet enough to mail me Park Maps and Times Guides from Disney World from her recent vacation. I was so very excited to see that the Times Guides are now colored (I know….I know I need a life) I have poured over them already and came to the realization that I need to change my Animal Kingdom touring strategy if I want to see all 4 live shows. I find it so much easier to plan with the park maps in front of me. Again, a BIG Thank You to Jackie for taking the time to mail the maps and guides to me. It’s much appreciated!

I am glad you are enjoying the maps and time guides! :goodvibes

Your itinerary looks good for Day One! A great way to start off your vacation!!! :thumbsup2

I was nearing my savings goal for our vacation money. So the accountant in me decided that I should review and update my budget as needed. I didn’t want to think I was all set and stop saving money for the vacation and then not have enough come October.

This was my original budget that I posted in March:

$3000 for 9 nights/10 days:

Airfare $500
Hotel $900
Rental Car $225
Food $900
Souvenirs $200
Tax/Tips/Misc $275

Yeah well not the same amount as what I just updated it too. But now it is more realistic and accurate. I’m sharing all this because I think a lot of people under estimate the cost and end up with credit card debt after the trip or have to start scaling back on things once they’re in Disney. I don’t want either.

The new budget is $3500 plus an additional $500 for souvenirs for a total of $4000. Ouch…that hurts when you write it out like that.

Here’s the new details.

Transportation:

Airfare $650 -- I have one way tickets for the 3 of us for $316.50. With the cost of jet fuel these days I don’t want to under estimate. In our favor is that we are flying back on a Tuesday which is the cheapest day to fly Southwest.

Rental Car $191 –- This is actual cost right now, down from $220. I changed to National and moved up 2 car sizes since my original Dollar ressie. I’m still hoping to add an e-coupon to my ressie closer to departure to save another $30

Airport Parking $100 for 10 days

Gas and Tolls $60 –

Resort - $1350….I still have not made ressies yet. And now I’m thinking about staying at Old Key West again instead of Caribbean Beach Resort. But $1350 is the most I’m going to pay, so I’m just waiting for Disney to release some Fall Specials for the resorts.

Tickets - $0 We have tickets left over from the last 2 vacations (I did this by design)

Food – Grand Total including tax and tips $992 -- This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and groceries. I re-checked to see if we should do the dinning plan with our current schedule of restaurants but the answer was still no because we would have to each buy a park ticket to get the package and I don’t want to spend the cash if we don’t need to.

Miscellaneous:
Service Tips $45
Valet Parking $40
Sundries $25 –mostly stuff for DS that I don’t want to pack
Pre-Trip Shopping $47

The $500 of souvenir money is coming from our Disney Visa rewards…we currently have $274 and from our coin jar.

I’ll update our budget again once I book our return flight and our resort ressies.

Great budget! Our vacation ended up being around $4000 once we figured in spending money, gas, tolls, tips, etc. We didn't have airfare, but we did have to pay for both Chelsea and Connor (tickets, dining plan) -- enjoy Liam's "free" status!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter