Project Runway

I liked Hanmiao because she reminds me of Edna Mode.

Edna-E-Mode_510x317.jpg

Stunned over the latest show. How could Blake win? It was poorly sewn and it looked like the back was a parachute! Ugh, these judges kill me sometimes. And you can't tell time? WTH!! Even if you are playing dumb it's annoying. Not a Blake fan.

I really liked Swapnil's and Candice's designs. Either garment deserved the win in my book.

The bottom designs belonged in the bottom. I said maternity to myself as Amanda's dress walked down, only to hear I wasn't alone. And her saying Candice's work is mediocre? Girl...no! You're jealous.

Oh Gabrielle's white dress! :scared1: Oh my, she gave up. It was sad. I think she buckled under the time constraints since she is a perfectionist. I still hate how they only get 1 day. Lots of talented people get cut because of it.

It was a great 'design concept', but such poor construction I wouldn't have given him the win because, the other two items had great design and great construction, that was a total producer call not the judges.

Both teams are full of twits. Ashley should have been the first person chosen. It's also looking like they're not going to listen to her. I'm predicting the men+Merlene team as the winners.

I was excited about last week's show because we got to hear a little about it in June. :) We had Tim Gunn as a keynote speaker at a conference where I'm on the leadership team. It was in June and they actually stopped production and the designers got a day off because he came to speak at our conference! (we booked him before season 14 was even announced). Tim Gunn is one of the kindest, most genuine person I've ever met.

While I don't think Ashley deserved to be treated the way she was treated I wish I could like her more. She's way too whiny and really needs to learn to stand up for herself more instead of moping if she wishes to be successful on this show.

I just want say that Blake gets on my last nerve. I find him VERY annoying.

Which is why the producers will try to keep hm as long as possible. I have watched this show from the beginning and by now it's easy to see when it's all about the fashion and when a save or elimination is done for entertainment value, but that is the nature of these shows.

And I agree that Blake is annoying. I also think he is only mediocre as a designer. I actually like Ashley and her design and glad she triumphed over the whole 'mean' girl clique last week. They had such crappy strategy and they were just obnoxious.

Which is why the producers will try to keep hm as long as possible. I have watched this show from the beginning and by now it's easy to see when it's all about the fashion and when a save or elimination is done for entertainment value, but that is the nature of these shows.

And I agree that Blake is annoying. I also think he is only mediocre as a designer. I actually like Ashley and her design and glad she triumphed over the whole 'mean' girl clique last week. They had such crappy strategy and they were just obnoxious.

Oh yes, I agree that Blake will be around for a while. The producers know that he is annoying and for that reason alone, he won't be eliminated in the near future. The boring folks usually go home first. Of course, anything can happen, but that is the usual scenario.

I just want to say that Blake gets on my last nerve. I find him VERY annoying.

I find him so annoying!! Although he slightly redeemed himself by sticking up for Ashley after the judges hammered the girls. I think Ashley has low self esteem and it is hard for her to deal with that confrontation. I would've never guessed Blake would stand up for her, so I give him some credit for that.

Team challenge was eye opener
the girls were like the 'mean girls' in High school and never got a connected idea going
USE the paint-MAKE a fabric!!! my GAWD-they aggravated me SOOOOO much

the Guy Team did what a team should do-they rocked!!

I know next week all the girls will be whining (shakes head)

I find him so annoying!! Although he slightly redeemed himself by sticking up for Ashley after the judges hammered the girls. I think Ashley has low self esteem and it is hard for her to deal with that confrontation. I would've never guessed Blake would stand up for her, so I give him some credit for that.

I definitely like Blake more now for standing up for Ashley. Also, he was obviously a great team player with the guys. The guys plus Merline really did a good job on that challenge.

I definitely like Blake more now for standing up for Ashley. Also, he was obviously a great team player with the guys. The guys plus Merline really did a good job on that challenge.

Although he hid with the paintball challenge. It made me chuckle seeing a sea of splattered suits except for the crisp, pristine Blake suit. :laughing:

Well, I was very happy with who went home, but I was kind of shocked at the winner. I guess I am really getting old because I didn't care for that at all. I liked Ashley's best and was hoping she would win. After the runway show, I thought the winner would be in the bottom. Boy, was I wrong. I am quite often surprised with the judges' choices.

Am I the only one aggravated at the challenges this season? One trip to Mood? Unconventional challenge #3? next week? Between the time constraints and the narrow parameters of the challenges and/or the materials that must be used, we've not really seen much of what these designers can do.

I thought last week's challenge set one team up for failure from the start because of the color palette they were forced into by the fabric placed out for them to capture and the paint supplied the opposing team. Those colors automatically biased the challenge before it started. I agree that the other collection was much better all of the way around, but the colors supplied were not of a level to start with.

I was appalled when Blake was so blatant about his distaste for women and/or their bodies. Absolutely not cute schtick in any way. He needs to grow up in a hurry if he wants to be employed in his chosen field. Not a lot of $ or opportunity designing art for hanger once you've completed fashion design school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter