Project Runway

Nohal

DIS Veteran
The new season started last night anyone watch. I missed it due to the fact that it was the live eviction on Big Brother. Looking forward to watching the re run that they usually run right before the new one. What did people think of the designers?

Yay! I don't have cable anymore so missed that this was back, now I need to go find a source for it ASAP. I've missed this show so much!

SO GLAD for this thread!!
I may miss a couple episodes-going on trip to visit grandson-so looking to you guys for updates!

I LOVE the lavender haired gal who won-she is plus sized and a wonderful young lady :)
The guy that was kicked off.....like OMG -this is to show your talent-and you drape a big mess of peach in a Toga party style ugliness!!!!
The other girl who almost got kicked off-with her GIANT yellow mess of a box dress-ick ick ick!!!!!!

LOTS of personalities-wowsser
The older Black lady who came out 2nd place gets on everybodies NERVES-she will not shut up-talks constantly-that would drive me NUTS!!!! her dress was WAY cooler than I expected tho

Last edited:

I watched......and watched Big Brother too, they don't overlap here.

Thanks for telling me it was back on..I never saw an advertisement or anything in the tv guide..and I too was watching BB eviction..now off to see when PRunway is being replayed!

I watched it!! I had to record both Project Runway and Big Brother. Thursday are a big TV night for me again :)

I love PR and was so glad I didn't miss the premier last night.
I was so glad to see the lavender haired girl win, her outfit was so cute.
There were a few others I really liked, the dark haired lady with the blunt bangs, and the other dark haired lady who is kind of scary. I think both of their designs were nice. I also like the girl who had the dress with the way too high slit. I hope she goes far.
I was surprised the guy who tried out every season had a top look. It was nice, but it was pretty basic IMO.
I don't like the woman who talks constantly, but I knew the judges would love her design because I hated it and because they are going to need to keep someone on there for drama.
The guy that went home deserved to go home. It looked like he wrapped his model in a satin sheet and said "voila".

Whats with the big boxy clothes? I just don't get it, they aren't flattering at all to anyone.

I love PR and was so glad I didn't miss the premier last night.
I was so glad to see the lavender haired girl win, her outfit was so cute.
There were a few others I really liked, the dark haired lady with the blunt bangs, and the other dark haired lady who is kind of scary. I think both of their designs were nice. I also like the girl who had the dress with the way too high slit. I hope she goes far.
I was surprised the guy who tried out every season had a top look. It was nice, but it was pretty basic IMO.
I don't like the woman who talks constantly, but I knew the judges would love her design because I hated it and because they are going to need to keep someone on there for drama.
The guy that went home deserved to go home. It looked like he wrapped his model in a satin sheet and said "voila".

Whats with the big boxy clothes? I just don't get it, they aren't flattering at all to anyone.

I was surprised that black dress was on top too. I'm glad Zach said as much during the close up examination.

Merlien's design was really interesting and I liked it but she was soooooooooo annoying in the work room.

And what's with not bringing your own tools?!!!!!!!!!

To the OP..could you edit your title to say spoilers inside..now I know who won last nite without watching the episode yet :(

I was glad to see Tim give the group a severe dressing down. Interesting to me that once he did that, they buckled down and had much better results.

It made me wonder if these are people who have skated through life using the bare minimum of their talents and skills because they got so many participation awards, but once someone they respected slapped them upside the head, they saw the light.

I honestly could not believe that 3 people didn't bring their sewing kits. The guy from India said he misinterpreted the instructions, but every single episode of the show has Tim telling the losing to pack up their kit and the footage shows them packing up their kit, so that might have been a really big hint that you Bring. Your. Own. Kit.

Oooo! A thread for PR! :woohoo: Thanks OP for starting one. Usually I'm behind several episodes to a whole season. Once I had to binge watch the entire season. Not as much fun by myself. :( Now, I'm all caught up, except for last night's episode, so I in on this thread. :yay: :thumbsup2

Wll be back after I watch last nights episodes. :happytv:

To the OP..could you edit your title to say spoilers inside..now I know who won last nite without watching the episode yet :(

I personally don't consider discussing the events of an already-aired episode to be spoilers. A spoiler to me is either a headline that can't be avoided or something outside of the official show - like gossip from another website - that would impact what hasn't been seen yet. I would never go into a TV show thread without expecting to see comments about the results of the current episode.

I can see those flying in not able to bring their tools-another checked bag, you know
They ALAWYS show the designers 'packing their tool box" when they get kicked off-how did they at least buy stuff in NYC?

I personally don't consider discussing the events of an already-aired episode to be spoilers. A spoiler to me is either a headline that can't be avoided or something outside of the official show - like gossip from another website - that would impact what hasn't been seen yet. I would never go into a TV show thread without expecting to see comments about the results of the current episode.

I came into the thread because I didn't know that Project Runway had started, I got an alert about something on the post, so I clicked the alert..and it brought me to the post, which showed me who had won...I was just trying to alert others that they may end up knowing things that they hadn't seen yet

I came into the thread because I didn't know that Project Runway had started, I got an alert about something on the post, so I clicked the alert..and it brought me to the post, which showed me who had won...I was just trying to alert others that they may end up knowing things that they hadn't seen yet

Right, but there's a big difference between what an individual hasn't seen yet because they personally haven't watched the current episode and what no one has seen because it's outside of the official show. To me, designating a TV thread as a "spoiler" thread, as you suggested, opens the floodgates to the latter, which really does change the tone of the thread beyond discussing the episodes. That's the only reason I commented, but of course, it's up to OP.

a spoiler is something that is posted BEFORE the episode airs.
They can't wait for everyone to get caught up watching.
I was always told it was free to talk about after the show aired.
I am west coast and have read plenty of spoilers before we get to see it.

Maybe the guy from India hadn't see the show yet, but then, this is the 14th season AND he knew enough to apply... Really there was no excuse for anyone not to bring at their scissors! and tape measure! Even the home sewer has those.
I am glad that the lavender lady won, and I was sure that the obnoxious Haitian woman would leave, but she actually made something nice.
So excited that the new season has started. Now just waiting for another Top Chef!

I was so excited about the season starting! I loved the lavender-haired woman's outfit, she really deserved to win. There are so many interesting personalities that I think I'm going to end up loving and hating. I felt like the guy who ended up up going home wasn't really serious about fashion. I mean, he flipped a coin when he was 18 to decide whether he was going to design school or rock climbing. I can't wait for the rest of the season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter