• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Phoebe's Pre-WISH-Trip Report (arriving in MK 4/17/10)

Hi Melissa! Just wanted to pop over and say hello. I hope that your girls (who are beautiful, by the way) are feeling better soon so you can get a break!

Kelly

Vent all you want, thats what we are here for! Sorry Tessa is sick. Sounds a little like Cayley, She crashes before bed. On the day her ear infection was diagnosed she cried about it hurting for over an hour, got the drops and Motrin and and she was back running around like crazy.
Glad you get a little help at night. Hope everyone is feeling better today!

Thanks for letting me gripe guys. I have caught something. My best guess is from Tessa, since Phoebe has really only displayed pink eye symptoms. Today wasn't horrible, just aches and a sore throat. If it gets worse I'll call the doc and see if I can get the Zithromax like Tessa. We were hoping to take T to see the Princess and the Frog this weekend (will be her first in-theater) so I hope it passes quickly (and doesn't spread to DH or P).

I'm sorry you're still having to deal with sickness! Yuck. Keeping my fingers crossed that your itchy eye is a totally psychological thing from seeing Phoebe and Tessa with pink-eye. And of course the lovely visitor at the same time..that's the way it always works! It never fails that when Piper is in the hospital I get my own visitor!

When Phoebe had RSV and was in Club Med for a week, you guessed it. I also had the virus that was causing her RSV, so needless to say it was a memorable week. And not in a good way!

Don't worry about Jordan..I'm sure he's seen worse on other reports. Have you seen his bathroom reviews?? LOL. Maybe when you and I go we need to do a female version and add the availability of personal hygiene items to the scoring list! No doubt with our luck we'll have a visitor on the trip too..:rofl:

Don't think I haven't already thought of that nightmare. Anyone know of a nice little herb or something that can postpone a monthly visit? I haven't used BC since 1996. (Another great perk of adoption! hehe)

Well, I'm still battling the crud. Today is day 3 of feeling like crap for me. Tessa was curled up on the couch for 3 nights in a row, so I'm hoping this is the turning point. I feel horrible. Today is Phoebe's fundraiser for TROT (horse therapy place) and she is riding. I am so sad I had to send Daddy off on his own with the girls. I asked him to have someone else video her whole ride so he could shoot stills but we'll see. Sometimes we have different priorities. :confused3

We're supposed to take Tessa to see Princess and the Frog this weekend as well. Maybe tomorrow. Can't decide if we should try and take Phoebe too. Hopefully my next update will be happier, and maybe have photos too. ;)

Well, I'm still battling the crud. Today is day 3 of feeling like crap for me. Tessa was curled up on the couch for 3 nights in a row, so I'm hoping this is the turning point. I feel horrible. Today is Phoebe's fundraiser for TROT (horse therapy place) and she is riding. I am so sad I had to send Daddy off on his own with the girls. I asked him to have someone else video her whole ride so he could shoot stills but we'll see. Sometimes we have different priorities. :confused3

We're supposed to take Tessa to see Princess and the Frog this weekend as well. Maybe tomorrow. Can't decide if we should try and take Phoebe too. Hopefully my next update will be happier, and maybe have photos too. ;)
Yuck! I'm so sorry you still don't feel well. I've prayed some little prayers for you to get better quickly so expect some good things to come. I posted on Amanda's thread (PipersMom) a suggestion for you to take vitamin D3 so you can stay well. My mom said that she was never more sick then when we kids first started school, and this is usually true for a lot of moms, I know it was for me. We buy our Vitamin D3 from Costco in a juice type form, and we take 5000 I.U.'s a day, five days a week and weekends off. If you don't have a Costco, or you can't find the D3 in a form you like, let me know and I will send you some. We don't get flu-shots, so we do this instead (suppose to be better than Vitamin C as far as an immune booster) and so far we haven't gotten sick! :banana: I know my son has been exsposed to the flu several times and so far we've all stayed healthy. Praise God! :worship:
I don't know of a vitamin or herb for "That Time Of The Month." :laughing: Sorry. :upsidedow

Yuck, I was hoping you guys would be starting to feel better. It's freezing raining here right now, if that cheers you up at all! I'm glad you'll be able to see the video..and I can't wait to see the pics! :hug: Feel better!

We don't get flu-shots, so we do this instead (suppose to be better than Vitamin C as far as an immune booster) and so far we haven't gotten sick! :banana: I know my son has been exsposed to the flu several times and so far we've all stayed healthy. Praise God! :worship:

Camille, thanks for the info on the D3. I will look for some. I have recently been getting more serious about vitamins and added some Bs to my routine and they have definitely helped my energy! I also avoid the flu vaccine and most years we are fine. I don't think this was the flu anyway....more on that in a minute....

Yuck, I was hoping you guys would be starting to feel better. It's freezing raining here right now, if that cheers you up at all! I'm glad you'll be able to see the video..and I can't wait to see the pics! :hug: Feel better!

Amanda, I haven't seen the video of Phoebe yet, can't keep my eyes open long enough, but he took a total of 4 pictures, all from the back and one of them wasn't even her!:rotfl2: Poor dad has had a hard week taking over the kiddos for me. He got home from work at 3am then up at 7 to get them ready for Phoebe's TROT event. It's an hour drive from home and Tessa gets carsick...I even pointed out where the sick bag was before he left, but he didn't catch it in time...Then I guess some guy tried to kidnap Tessa while they were watching Phoebe, well, the guy grabbed her arm to move her (I guess there were no kids allowed in the area he was sitting - insurance reasons) but DH being a dad and in Law Enforcement, made for a tense little showdown with the guy. Oh, I wonder if that was caught on tape. :rotfl: They were on their way home an hour after they got there and he said they did all the activities. I think he couldn't wait to leave!

Well, after day three of feeling crappy I felt my throat getting a familiar feeling to it, one I remember quite clearly from last March. It felt like glass shards scraping down my throat every time I try to swallow. So off to the clinic for the third time this week....except the close-by clinic says they are too full....not closed yet, just full...so on to the next one 25 mins away (coincidentally, right near the HD, but no, I once again forgot about Mickey Heads!!!). Thankfully that clinic had a short wait and were still open long enough to confirm my self-diagnosis of........ TONSILLITIS. Yes, I am a grown woman that still has her tonsils. They have never given me trouble until this year. I love how when I open my mouth the doctors always say, "Whoa!" and take a step back. :lmao: They keep telling me if it continues I can get them out, as if that's what I want. I want them not to give me problems, like the last 35 years...Anyway, I think the cold that the girls had earlier this week just irritated them and then it brews it own little problem. So now I'm on antibiotics, and wake up this morning with, anyone, anyone? - PINK EYE! :lmao: Somehow I managed to get it in both, when the girls each had one. At least we have extra drops left over from the kids so that I don't have to go back to the clinic yet again. :sad2:

And the Princess and the Frog idea, well that's completely out the window until next weekend. I called Phoebe's "nanny", Sally, to go over possible days with her and she informed me that her mother passed away yesterday. I feel horrible for her! Right before Cmas! She lives out of state so she'll be gone all week. Oh, what a week!!! I'm going back to bed. Somebody wake me when it's over!

Here's one shot of Phoebe doing her favorite thing....

P1013359a.jpg

Camille, thanks for the info on the D3. I will look for some. I have recently been getting more serious about vitamins and added some Bs to my routine and they have definitely helped my energy! I also avoid the flu vaccine and most years we are fine. I don't think this was the flu anyway....more on that in a minute....
Your most welcome. :) I to have started wanting to take better care of my body and taking vitamins is one that I need to do but have a hard time following through on, for some reason I don't sleep well when I take them. I think it's the vitamin B's that are in the muliti's that are keeping me awake, I pretty much don't sleep for three days at a time when I take them, eventually I pass out and sleep. :laughing: I just stop taking them all over again to have that feeling of guilt that I'm not doing enough to take care of myself. Can't win. :laughing:

Well, after day three of feeling crappy I felt my throat getting a familiar feeling to it, one I remember quite clearly from last March. It felt like glass shards scraping down my throat every time I try to swallow. So off to the clinic for the third time this week....except the close-by clinic says they are too full....not closed yet, just full...so on to the next one 25 mins away (coincidentally, right near the HD, but no, I once again forgot about Mickey Heads!!!). Thankfully that clinic had a short wait and were still open long enough to confirm my self-diagnosis of........ TONSILLITIS. Yes, I am a grown woman that still has her tonsils. They have never given me trouble until this year. I love how when I open my mouth the doctors always say, "Whoa!" and take a step back. :lmao: They keep telling me if it continues I can get them out, as if that's what I want. I want them not to give me problems, like the last 35 years...Anyway, I think the cold that the girls had earlier this week just irritated them and then it brews it own little problem. So now I'm on antibiotics, and wake up this morning with, anyone, anyone? - PINK EYE! :lmao: Somehow I managed to get it in both, when the girls each had one. At least we have extra drops left over from the kids so that I don't have to go back to the clinic yet again. :sad2:
So sorry that you've been feeling worse, at least they know what's going on and you can now end the maddness with some good drugs.

And the Princess and the Frog idea, well that's completely out the window until next weekend. I called Phoebe's "nanny", Sally, to go over possible days with her and she informed me that her mother passed away yesterday. I feel horrible for her! Right before Cmas! She lives out of state so she'll be gone all week. Oh, what a week!!! I'm going back to bed. Somebody wake me when it's over!
PM me when your feeling better before taking the girls to see the movie, I took my dd10 to see it and there are some things that you might need to know so your prepaired before hand for Tessa.

Here's one shot of Phoebe doing her favorite thing....

P1013359a.jpg

So sweet. I bet she had a great time. :woohoo:

Amanda, I haven't seen the video of Phoebe yet, can't keep my eyes open long enough, but he took a total of 4 pictures, all from the back and one of them wasn't even her!:rotfl2: Poor dad has had a hard week taking over the kiddos for me. He got home from work at 3am then up at 7 to get them ready for Phoebe's TROT event. It's an hour drive from home and Tessa gets carsick...I even pointed out where the sick bag was before he left, but he didn't catch it in time...Then I guess some guy tried to kidnap Tessa while they were watching Phoebe, well, the guy grabbed her arm to move her (I guess there were no kids allowed in the area he was sitting - insurance reasons) but DH being a dad and in Law Enforcement, made for a tense little showdown with the guy. Oh, I wonder if that was caught on tape. :rotfl: They were on their way home an hour after they got there and he said they did all the activities. I think he couldn't wait to leave!

It sounds like it, not that I could blame him with all of that going on! The pic of Phoebe riding is so cute! I bet her face is just wreathed in a huge smile :love:

Don't the Drs realize you don't have time for tonsillitis ?!? And I can't imagine you being able to make the time to get them removed, though it sounds like you may be better off in the long run. Geesh! Yanno..when I posted you I was glad you didn't have it (yet) I was only halfway teasing. Once it's in your house, esp with two kids with it, you didn't have a snowball's chance in **** hon. You did make me giggle posting you had it, though I know how much it bites! Just use your hand sanitizer..I know you have a barrel of it like we do! Oh geez..I hope I didn't jinx you by saying that..now I feel guilty!

We rarely go to the movie theater..for the 20 bucks I would spend on a matinee I can get 15 redbox movies and two boxes of nuke-it popcorn! With Christmas around the corner, there was just no way this month. Maybe after the New Year! :goodvibes :hug: I hope you feel better soon!

PM me when your feeling better before taking the girls to see the movie, I took my dd10 to see it and there are some things that you might need to know so your prepaired before hand for Tessa.

I was thinking Dr Facilier looks kinda spooky...She's pretty brave with the villains, but I will definitely PM you before we go!

We rarely go to the movie theater..for the 20 bucks I would spend on a matinee I can get 15 redbox movies and two boxes of nuke-it popcorn! With Christmas around the corner, there was just no way this month. Maybe after the New Year! :goodvibes :hug: I hope you feel better soon!

Red Box is our friend! We don't often splurge on the theater either, but I thought it was a perfect movie to take her for her "first". She's old enough to sit through it, new movie, new princess, coincidentally is a beautiful southern girl of African descent....how could I resist? We'll see when we actually get there to do it, though.

Oh Melissa Im so sorry you have the dreaded tonsilitis! and Pink eye :scared1:
Hoping you get better VERY soon and DH is helping out with the girls.

I felt pretty guilty about being MIA on my family this week. Tessa was getting into all sorts of trouble, probably just attention-seeking because she was definitely not getting enough. Phoebe fell, again, this time while trying to get off the couch, she hit her forehead on the coffee table and got a nice purple egg on it. DH feels horrible, but is just not used to being in charge of everything at once. He was fetching Tessa back from the end of our cul-de-sac, which leads to train tracks, so she is not allowed out there. They've had Pop Tarts, Mac N Cheese, and pizza for three days. He's a worker not a nurturer, so he's been going crazy on cleaning the house. DH and I were bickering this morning because I was being pretty whiny, that he wasn't "taking care of me", which is so pathetic and what I usually get annoyed with HIM for doing when HE is sick! Good grief. So after the 1600mg of Ibuprofen kicked in I was on a mission to have at least a little fun today!

We went for a walk to collect wood for our fire pit. Thankfully a recent wind storm had rattled the pecan trees in our neighborhood so we had plenty of choices.
Photo-0010a.jpg

I had to rest for a bit after our walk, so I missed the s'mores, but I know the girls enjoyed it. Then Daddy kept them busy on the trampoline.
P1013384.jpg

Tessa, the daredevil...
P1013376.jpg

Then after dinner and baths we decorated the tree for a few minutes. It was already too late to do the whole thing but poor Tessa has been asking since we got the tree last weekend, when can we decorate it.
P1013408a.jpg

I have to admit, I'm worried about DH going back to work tomorrow, and Sally won't be coming over this week, but hopefully I'm over the "hump". I feel a bit better tonight, which surprised me after the energy spent today. This is, by no means, a crisis, but it's just been a draining, long week. I appreciate the prayers and encouraging words! Thanks everyone!

Melissa~

Such great pictures!! I love seeing pictures of what someone has been doinig, it just makes it more real.
I know how you feel about having the hubby take care of the girls, but you shouldn't feel guilty, it's a wasted emotion and one not of the Big Guy upstairs. :sad2: You know that if the shoe was on the other foot, you would be doing all of what your hubby is doing for you and the girls, and you wouldn't think twice about it. Your hubby taking care of the girls is just more pronounced because it's not his typical everyday job like it is for you, so I'm sure there are some frustrations that go along with it for the poor guy, and for you! :laughing:
I'm not one of those women who say tough poo on the guy when he's doing a job that we typically do, I'm not a women's lib kinda gal. ;) So I say hats off to your hubby, and I'm sure you feel the same way. It's tough for anyone to take on the job of another, and from what I can see....he's been doing a pretty good job. Like I said, when my DH would take care of the kids, and I would come back and see that they were happy, healthy and not worse for the wear....then I knew he did the best job he could. :lovestruc :hug:

I love the pictures of you guys getting the wood and decorating the tree, it's so sweet to see a daddy and his girls doing something together. :thumbsup2
I just recently bought wood for our fire pit so the kids could do s'mores too, I need to get to that once the weather gets cool again.
I'm sure you can see by my avatar we live in Texas, so as you may know it's not always cold here all through out Dec. It's actually been cooler here over the fall than I've remembered it in a long time, I'm curious to see what the winter brings. :yay: I'm hoping for some snow on Christmas....or at least a few snows over the rest of the winter. ;) My daughter Mackenzie would be so thrilled! :yay:
Try not to over do it this week, maybe a lot of snuggle time with the girls is in order, along with some hot cocoa or tea with lots of honey for your throat.
:goodvibes By the way, it's my honor to pray for you and your family, so your most welcome, and there will be more to come. :goodvibes
I was wondering....what part of Texas did you live in when you lived here? If answering this post seems to daunting this week, please just answer when your up to it.
Blessings, and feel better. :hug:

I felt pretty guilty about being MIA on my family this week. Tessa was getting into all sorts of trouble, probably just attention-seeking because she was definitely not getting enough. Phoebe fell, again, this time while trying to get off the couch, she hit her forehead on the coffee table and got a nice purple egg on it. DH feels horrible, but is just not used to being in charge of everything at once. He was fetching Tessa back from the end of our cul-de-sac, which leads to train tracks, so she is not allowed out there. They've had Pop Tarts, Mac N Cheese, and pizza for three days. He's a worker not a nurturer, so he's been going crazy on cleaning the house. DH and I were bickering this morning because I was being pretty whiny, that he wasn't "taking care of me", which is so pathetic and what I usually get annoyed with HIM for doing when HE is sick! Good grief. So after the 1600mg of Ibuprofen kicked in I was on a mission to have at least a little fun today!

We went for a walk to collect wood for our fire pit. Thankfully a recent wind storm had rattled the pecan trees in our neighborhood so we had plenty of choices.
Photo-0010a.jpg

I had to rest for a bit after our walk, so I missed the s'mores, but I know the girls enjoyed it. Then Daddy kept them busy on the trampoline.
P1013384.jpg

Tessa, the daredevil...
P1013376.jpg

Then after dinner and baths we decorated the tree for a few minutes. It was already too late to do the whole thing but poor Tessa has been asking since we got the tree last weekend, when can we decorate it.
P1013408a.jpg

I have to admit, I'm worried about DH going back to work tomorrow, and Sally won't be coming over this week, but hopefully I'm over the "hump". I feel a bit better tonight, which surprised me after the energy spent today. This is, by no means, a crisis, but it's just been a draining, long week. I appreciate the prayers and encouraging words! Thanks everyone!

Good morning, hon!

You know, sometimes spit just happens and there isn't a thing you can do about it. Next year at this time the girls won't even remember you being sick and not as involved, so try not to let the Mommy Guilt take you down too far! It looks like the hub was actually having a good time with the girls, and pizza, pop tarts and mac and cheese won't kill them! (On a temporary basis, anyway, lol.) The pictures of he and the girls on the tramp and decorating the tree and hauling the wood are sooo adorable! I love it. Keeping you and the girls in our thoughts this week and hoping it will pass quickly and smoothly for you..
:hug:

What a good daddy to be helping out as much as he can and please dont feel guilty about resting up. Your sick and deserve a break :goodvibes Love the pics and the one of Phobe on the horse is adorable.

This morning didn't start off very smooth. I woke up at 6:20, which is 20 minutes after Phoebe's bus arrives to pick her up. I panicked. Not only because I would have to drive her to school, but because being sick last week we had a little run-in with our bus driver, who drove off without Phoebe after waiting 5 minutes. But she was 2 minutes early, and we were right at the door when she drove off. So I called the dispatcher who had her come back and she was peaved. Anyway, I'm thinking what a horrible way to start the day, when suddenly I realized, I can stop at Home Depot and get some Mickey Heads!!!! My day was suddenly brighter, and that's when I realized I truly need an intervention! I'm addicted to DIS and our trip is still 4 months away!

So I got Phoebe ready, myself decent, and woke hubby enough to move him to the couch to "supervise" Tessa while I'm gone. (School is 40 mins away and there is no way I'm taking my carsick child on that trip just so he can sleep in the bed).

I drop Phoebe at school, only 15 mins late, and head back toward home with a growing smile on my face as I look for the HD exit. I decided to procrastinate the fun, and get Starbucks first - their Caramal Apple Spice is so nice on a sore throat! Then on to Target to get a couple of necessities I forgot on my grocery list as well as to check for any gifts I might like as I browse the aisles. I'm in heaven. Shopping (real shopping, not our small town WalMart shopping) without the kids! Finally, after grabbing some new undies for DH's stocking (won't he be overjoyed!), I'm off to Home Depot.

As I approach the HD parking lot, I get nervous. I see a cop. He's just idling in the HD parking lot and I don't know what he's doing or looking for. :eek:

As I've been perusing all the TRs and PTRs here I came across Jordan's. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342782 Jordan is a funny guy, from OC, CA and is in the same general age range as myself, so his reports are pretty entertaining as are his friends. Recently, Jordan made mention that his local HD was phasing out the Mickey Head style of paint sample cards. This started a pandemic of Mickey addicts who need their MH paint cards flooding their local HDs and nabbing all the cards they could get away with. Church-going Christians are using their children to help in the heists!:scared1:

I debated trying to get a picture of the cop car sitting out in front of the HD and was chuckling to myself over the irony, when the cop started cruising the aisles of the lot. I got nervous that maybe he saw me watching him and was suspicious of me now! So I choose a spot a couple of rows over and meander inside. Once inside I looked back out the doors and he's still cruising. You can see him here, behind the Handicapped signs.
12164.jpg

I wonder if there really is an APB out for Mickey Heads?!:lmao:

I'm already feeling guilty and I'm nowhere near the paint aisle! I find the Disney section and am relieved that they still have a full spectrum of Mickeys. It appears that they are keeping some colors on the MH, while others were fully stocked with regular cards.
12165.jpg

I nonchalantly read through all of the brochures and started picking out paint cards. Wouldn't you know that early morning mid-week, the paint counter is busy with lots of contractors? I calculated that 4 of each color would give me more than enough to countdown from Christmas (or shortly after) until our trip in April. I froze when I was about halfway done because I realized that the stack was getting quite large and I felt realllllllly uncomfortable putting it in my pocket. So I decided to put a smaller stack inside of a different Disney brochure, as if the colors went with that sample room. ;) I carried them out in my hand right in front of an employee and no one minded a bit! Imagine!!! Now I just have to decide exactly how I want to arrange the countdown. Got to get it done before Christmas or it won't get done ever!

P.S. Mary, if you haven't already mailed some, I *think* I've got all that I need. Thank you so much for offering to get them for me!

Woohoo for your solo shopping expedition! I looooove it when I can do that, and our town is the same as yours as far as shopping options! And you go girl..on the MHPCs!! Love the cop car in the parking lot, I think someone squealed on ya before you left. :rotfl: Ohh..I love starbucks..next time think of me as you're slur..ermm..sipping one down !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter