• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess Phoebe's Pre-WISH-Trip Report (arriving in MK 4/17/10)

Hello my fellow Az Dis'er :)

Just read through your report. Awesome,made me cry. What a tremendous Mom you are. Ok, let me see if I remember everything I wanted to say LOL.
One of my best friend's kids are both adopted through the foster care system. Her Hubby is an assistant fire cheif.
My Cayley is bit like your Tessa-very high energy and very stubborn. We also call her the hurricane. We also have that tea set:)
We love CRT-going there again this year. My advice-make the ADR's-you can always cancel them even hours before-we did this in May when we got lots of rain.
Adding on to the trip sounds great. I have always wanted to go to Savannah. Love that name-but DH said no way!
It will be a 3 hour time difference when you go. Worked well to do "late" things the first few nights cause we were still on Az time.
If you feel comfortable pm me your addy and I will be happy to send you Home Depot Mickey heads. We have one 5 min away.
I wish you lots of luck getting the new chair. I hate red tape. Hope everyone slept better tonight, Cayley has an ear infection so I am expecting "sleeptus interuptus" here. So glad to have found your report.

Hello my fellow Az Dis'er :)

Just read through your report. Awesome,made me cry. What a tremendous Mom you are. Ok, let me see if I remember everything I wanted to say LOL.
One of my best friend's kids are both adopted through the foster care system. Her Hubby is an assistant fire cheif.

Awesome! Adoption is so close to my heart. I love to hear success stories!

My Cayley is bit like your Tessa-very high energy and very stubborn. We also call her the hurricane. We also have that tea set:)

That made me laugh.:goodvibes

We love CRT-going there again this year. My advice-make the ADR's-you can always cancel them even hours before-we did this in May when we got lots of rain.

Oh good! I have heard mixed reviews, and often times people say "you have to do it once" as if it's not worth more than once....I think all of the princess meals would be fun, but since we are choosing just one, I figured this it "the one" to do! I'm glad to hear it's a hit with your girls!

Adding on to the trip sounds great. I have always wanted to go to Savannah. Love that name-but DH said no way!
It will be a 3 hour time difference when you go. Worked well to do "late" things the first few nights cause we were still on Az time.

Very good point!

If you feel comfortable pm me your addy and I will be happy to send you Home Depot Mickey heads. We have one 5 min away.

Thanks! That would be awesome! I'll figure out exactly how many I need and then PM you. The next time I "plan" on going to that shopping center will be for after Cmas sales, and that's pretty much right when I'm thinking of starting the countdown, so I'd need them before then. And knowing me, if I did go there before I'd prob'ly forget again. :lmao:

I wish you lots of luck getting the new chair. I hate red tape. Hope everyone slept better tonight, Cayley has an ear infection so I am expecting "sleeptus interuptus" here. So glad to have found your report.
Oh man, I hope she does okay tonight. This is just the season for it huh?

So, to update from where I left off....I got Phoebe on her bus at 6 (yes, 6, in the AM) and DID manage to go back to sleep. Tessa WAS a good girl and had quiet fun, without getting into mischief, playing on the computer (we have the kidlock thing where she can only navigate pre-appproved pages - although she has almost bought stuff on Disney before! :rotfl2:) But she was TOO good and TOO quiet because I forgot that today is preschool day!!! It's been cancelled for the last two weeks because of other's sick kids (we only have 6 kids total) so I think it just slipped my mind. Which wouldn't have been a big deal except that I was supposed to pick up another one of the kids!:eek: OOPS!!! Her mom called me at 8:20 to see what was up. So once I got her and T to the appropriate house for the last hour of preschool, I offered to let the other girl come play at our house so they both could extend their "friend time" a little longer.

The day went great until Phoebe got off the bus at 4:30 (yes, 4:30, in the PM) and half of her face looked like it had been slimed. She just looked weird and I couldn't figure out why until the lift came down to eye level and I saw it.....Conjunctivitis...Dun dun dun....Poor girl had the goopiest crud I've ever seen. This is my first experience with pink eye so it really looks pretty gross. I immediately called the ped office hoping they were still open. Nope - had to wait until the clinic opened at 5, but I didn't know they started taking names at 4, so we were like 10th in line to be seen when I got there 5:05.:headache:

At 6:30 we finally get taken back, and another 20 mins later the NP asks the questions, looks, listens, and says, yep it's pink eye. By this time I had used up all my snacks and toys I had brought for Phoeb (after all these years of Doc appts, I plan ahead!) and it was past her bedtime (remember the 6am bus?). But the NP was fast and got us a scrip and we were out of there only 2.5 hrs later. I went to the closest Walgreens and they said they couldn't cill it because they were closing at 8. At 8???!???!!!! This is the type of situation that makes me HATE where we live! Things close really early because we are A- small town and B- inundated with old people who go to bed really early! I wanted to get her started on it tonight because she can't go back to school until 24-48 hrs after meds. By starting tonight she would be at 36 hrs on Thurs morning and Thurs is her Horse therapy day!!!! She can't miss that! So I decide to drive 15 mins north to the next Walgreens that services the living, and turn it in there. But on the way I remember that my gas light has been on all day. So I stop for a fill-up at the very expensive station that is convenient and paid 2.65. Now that may seem cheap to some of you because AZ is typically lower, but for me it is expensive because 20 mins north of us it is 30 cents cheaper per gallon. Another perk of small town living - price gauging!!! But I digress....so I turn in the scrip to the not so efficient pharmacist, and then head over to Carls Jr for dinner at 8pm. Poor Phoebe was starving. I sat in Tessa's carseat to feed her chicken stars while waiting for the scrip.

In the meantime I call to check on Tessa who was dropped off at a friend's house (thank God for friends!) and the mom proceeds to tell me that Tessa is sick. She fell asleep on the couch but had been saying "OUCH" all night and crying out in her sleep. Aw man! Are you kidding me???So back to Phoebe, who has not been at home for more than 10 mins today, she starts having a BM while we're eating. I can tell it's not gonna be good. She usually uses the potty but we haven't been home and her schedule is off now. I get the scrip and head for home and decide to take Phoebe first before getting Tessa. I needed to clean her up, give her tylenol, give her the drops and get her in bed! This means leaving the dog in charge while I drive the three blocks to go get Tessa. (Yet another nomination for Mother of the Year!!!) I just knew I couldn't handle both of them for the bedtime chaos with both being sick. Tessa is miserable, but I got her to take some Motrin, go potty and curl up in bed. I just don't get how she can be perfectly fine all day and then bam! sick and feverish at night two days in a row. I thought it was those shots, but why would it come back?:confused3

Well, it's been pretty quiet so far tonight. I made Phoebe mad by waking her up to give her more drops. Her eyelid was glues shut with crud, so I had to use a wet washcloth to clean it up a bit and she did NOT think that was nice. But she went right back to sleep. Usually she likes me to stay by her bed until she's dozing off but I think she wanted me to leave. :rotfl: So I have finally relaxed, doled out the latest round of meds and will make myself go to bed now. Besides, if I am still up when DH gets home I get a lecture.:rolleyes1

Melissa! I think I need to put an APB out on my heart....it was just stolen by Phoebe and Tessa!!!
How precious!!!! I love seeing all the pictures of you guys. You have a really beautiful family. :love:
I haven't gotten to read everything, but I promise to.
BTW, for the crud on Phoebe's eye's, you probably already know this by now, but incase you don't. Use warm water on the wash cloth, it will one calm down baby cakes, and it feels good. The wetter the better, of course you have to figure out what works best, but that's my suggestion as a mommy. ;)
I can't wait to catch up.
Blessings.

Camille

Oh lord, girlie..you have had you hands full the past few days! I'm glad that at least the last part of your night was quiet. And I know what you mean about having to take the girls with you all the time..Piper thinks half the Christmas gifts she's getting are for her cousin Kassidy (same age, thank goodness) 'cause she was with me when I bought them! :rofl: I'm just lucky she still falls for it, I guess! Hoping everyone feels better today and you get a bit of a break once Phoebe can go back to school...

Goodness gracious!

Sounds like you should be nominated for Mother of the Year! :hug:

Funny that Phoebe wanted you to go away for giving her all of that medicine. :rotfl2:

I hope you got some sleep! And hope your kids all start feeling much better soon!

Wow, that was quite a day. Sorry you had to wait for the clinic and the go to a new Walgreens. Glad Tessa was taken care of. Sorry she is feeling sick. Pink eye is yucky. Hope today is better!

My goodness Bless your heart! You must be exhausted. I hope Phoebe and Tessa feel better soon and mommy can get some rest.

All's quiet on the western front...
Phoebe is so funny. She is so used to Mommy being the caretaker that she will not let me lay down when she is around. Even if all her needs are met, she gets very mad, like I need to be ready and waiting! I asked DH to trade me, since she won't get mad at him for laying down on the couch. ;) I got a nice nap, but now it's time to play catch up. The house is covered in remnants of Tessa's breakfast, blueberry poptart...she loves when Daddy is in charge!:lmao:
Phoebe desperately needs a bath, and then we will be off as a threesome to Tessa's dance class. I've not had to take Phoebe there yet, so it'll be interesting trying to entertain her. Maybe she'll enjoy the music and little dancers?:confused3 The drops are certainly working and I'm glad we got started last night, because you couldn't tell to look at her eye today. I'm happy she gets to go to school tomorrow and visit her horsies. :thumbsup2

Melissa! I think I need to put an APB out on my heart....it was just stolen by Phoebe and Tessa!!!

Careful, they may just end up on your doorstep!:lmao: j/k of course.

How precious!!!! I love seeing all the pictures of you guys. You have a really beautiful family. :love:

I haven't gotten to read everything, but I promise to.
BTW, for the crud on Phoebe's eye's, you probably already know this by now, but incase you don't. Use warm water on the wash cloth, it will one calm down baby cakes, and it feels good. The wetter the better, of course you have to figure out what works best, but that's my suggestion as a mommy. ;)

Ya know, I actually used cold water, poor baby. :eek: Which I'm sure had to do with her displeasure with me. It crossed my mind for a sec but I think at 2am I was just too tired to wait for the pipes to warm up. (yes, AZ does get cold...our area is near 4000ft so we're in the 30s at night right now). Anyway, I will know better than to try that on her again.;)

I can't wait to catch up.
Blessings.

Camille

I'm so glad you're reading along! :cheer2: I'm sure I could use some of your ideas as we plan!

Oh lord, girlie..you have had you hands full the past few days! I'm glad that at least the last part of your night was quiet. And I know what you mean about having to take the girls with you all the time..Piper thinks half the Christmas gifts she's getting are for her cousin Kassidy (same age, thank goodness) 'cause she was with me when I bought them! :rofl: I'm just lucky she still falls for it, I guess! Hoping everyone feels better today and you get a bit of a break once Phoebe can go back to school...

Thankfully, Phoebe doesn't see well (oh, that sounds bad!) and Tessa is too distracted to pay attention to everything I do, so if I have to shop with them I can, I just prefer not to! My brain needs a "mute" button!:rotfl2:

Thankfully, Phoebe doesn't see well (oh, that sounds bad!) and Tessa is too distracted to pay attention to everything I do, so if I have to shop with them I can, I just prefer not to! My brain needs a "mute" button!:rotfl2:

Your brain and mine both, hon! I understand what you mean. I was just saying on my thread that I'm lucky Piper trusts me as much as she does or I wouldn't get away with half the stuff I pull off.

Im so glad that things are getting back to normal and Phobe will get to see her horsies tomorrow! That is so awesome they have horse therapy.
My boys also think half their presents are for cousins :rotfl2: that must be a mommy secret!

And the saga continues...
I'm sorry guys. I hope I don't sound whiny. I am actually more frustrated and needing to vent. Everyone hates being sick, and having sick kids, but it drives me batty when I can't figure out why or what...
Phoebe is doing better. Her eye looks great today. I hear her "ahem ahem" every once in a while but hoping that's nothing and she'll go to school tomorrow.
Tessa, well, she's the mystery this week. SHe had her shots Monday, complained all day about hurting, ran a fever that night, but next day fine. Until the evening. Fever again and complaining the she hurts, everywhere. That was last night after I had been at the clinic with Phoebe. She made it through the night with some Motrin and wakes up fine. Until dusk. WTH? She plops down on the couch complaining about hurting and has a fever. She falls asleep in minutes which is so unlike her. Thankfully, tonight we had the help of Phoebe's "nanny", a nice lady who is state paid and approved to help Phoebe with meals, bedtime, self-care items, etc. She comes over a few nights a week. Thank God! So I left her in charge of Phoebe and took Tessa to the clinic. The doc didn't say she heard or saw anything during the exam but proclaimed she had a bacterial infection and could have a scrip for Zithromax. Oh, and I forgot to mention that as she was listless on the couch her eye suddenly looked gross. Seriously, what timing! So she also got the pink eye drops. Doc said the day/night thing is probably just because she is an "energetic" child and after a night's rest she is recharged and ready to play, but runs out of energy to fight it off before the day is done. I am feeling a little tender in my throat and my eyes itch sometimes, but I'm hoping I'm just paranoid. ;) And can I say, Aunt Flo chooses the most fabulous times to visit!:sad2: If I can get through this week I may need to do some serious updates on the trip report just to take my mind off of this....

Beyond beautiful!:love:
Like I said, they stole my heart from the get go! :goodvibes

Today was Tessa's birthday. Since last year she had a "Princess Tea Party"...

(Notice even the dog is dressed as a Princess...)
P1010091.jpg

She was really into it...
P1010117.jpg

Playing musical chairs...
P1010157.jpg

One year ago...
P1010128.jpg

I am against having big, fancy, expensive, stressful parties every year. But for 364 days she has been telling everyone it's her birthday. She really had a fun time at her tea party, and having a big party for Phoebe a few months ago helped embed the idea in her head. I was worried that she would get mad that today was sweet and simple.

A Wall*E cake (her choice) enjoyed in the morning with daddy before he left for work (he's gone all night so she wouldn't see him again later).
P1013166.jpg

And one present from mom and dad...
P1013178a.jpg

She loved it and told every neighbor, dance class student and even Phoebe's bus driver that it was her b-day (some of them didn't believe her because she's cried wolf 364 times before!:rotfl:). I had already invited neighborhood friends to the park on Friday (if I had known how happy she'd be with today I wouldn't have bothered) so we will have one more cake (homemade with her assistance) on Friday, but very low key. I forgot to get one good smile shot of her today, so here is one from Monday when I took our Cmas card pics. She's grown so much!
P1013144b.jpg

and Phoebe, so sweet...
P1013125b.jpg

Aren't my girls beautiful?

P1013092b.jpg

okay. i'm in. now I gotta go back and read

Why are there so many green lights at 1:30am??? Maybe you guys stay logged in all the time? I'm done! See ya tomorrow!
(And Jordan, :welcome:, but now I may have to go edit some posts. I think you are the first male reader of my PTR...:scared1:, LOL)

I'm sorry you're still having to deal with sickness! Yuck. Keeping my fingers crossed that your itchy eye is a totally psychological thing from seeing Phoebe and Tessa with pink-eye. And of course the lovely visitor at the same time..that's the way it always works! It never fails that when Piper is in the hospital I get my own visitor!

Don't worry about Jordan..I'm sure he's seen worse on other reports. Have you seen his bathroom reviews?? LOL. Maybe when you and I go we need to do a female version and add the availability of personal hygiene items to the scoring list! No doubt with our luck we'll have a visitor on the trip too..:rofl:

Oh Melissa :hug: you have had a hard week and please dont feel bad about venting here. I am really hoping things get back to normal soon and you dont come down with anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter