Princess Phoebe's Pre-WISH-Trip Report (arriving in MK 4/17/10)

Margaritaville looks to cool. Thanks for the link I think we may have to try that one.
Tessa looks like she loved her party. That's to funny the dog was dressed up. I love dressing up my chihuahua's.
And YES your girls are very beautiful. You'll have to post pics of your christmas cards.

Aww Melissa..the girls look soooooo sweet in the pictures! Your plans are really coming together, the Mickey D's sounds fun, and Margaritaville is also our go-to for the day we do Universal.

Now for something totally random..there you are in Az..here we are in Va..and Piper has that exact same tea-set..she stiiiiiill uses it with her AG dolls and stuffed animals! I just thought that was so funny when the pics started loading!

Today was Tessa's birthday. Since last year she had a "Princess Tea Party"...

(Notice even the dog is dressed as a Princess...)
P1010091.jpg

She was really into it...
P1010117.jpg

Playing musical chairs...
P1010157.jpg

One year ago...
P1010128.jpg

I am against having big, fancy, expensive, stressful parties every year. But for 364 days she has been telling everyone it's her birthday. She really had a fun time at her tea party, and having a big party for Phoebe a few months ago helped embed the idea in her head. I was worried that she would get mad that today was sweet and simple.

A Wall*E cake (her choice) enjoyed in the morning with daddy before he left for work (he's gone all night so she wouldn't see him again later).
P1013166.jpg

And one present from mom and dad...
P1013178a.jpg

She loved it and told every neighbor, dance class student and even Phoebe's bus driver that it was her b-day (some of them didn't believe her because she's cried wolf 364 times before!:rotfl:). I had already invited neighborhood friends to the park on Friday (if I had known how happy she'd be with today I wouldn't have bothered) so we will have one more cake (homemade with her assistance) on Friday, but very low key. I forgot to get one good smile shot of her today, so here is one from Monday when I took our Cmas card pics. She's grown so much!
P1013144b.jpg

and Phoebe, so sweet...
P1013125b.jpg

Aren't my girls beautiful?

P1013092b.jpg

They are SO beautiful!!!!

Awesome party (parties, really)...sounds like fun! :)

And nice bike! :thumbsup2

Happy Birthday, Tessa!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure she knows that all of your friends on the internet wish her a Happy Birthday, too! :)

Aww Melissa..the girls look soooooo sweet in the pictures! Your plans are really coming together, the Mickey D's sounds fun, and Margaritaville is also our go-to for the day we do Universal.

Now for something totally random..there you are in Az..here we are in Va..and Piper has that exact same tea-set..she stiiiiiill uses it with her AG dolls and stuffed animals! I just thought that was so funny when the pics started loading!

How funny! We have put it away again, as she has broken a couple of pieces. SHe loves tea parties and has a couple of plastic sets to keep her happy until she is a little better at taking care of things...:thumbsup2

We got an elliptical machine a couple of weeks ago. So far I've used it 4x/week both weeks (my goal is to aim for every day, so that if I have to miss one it won't be too big a deal). I've lost a couple pounds but frankly I'm not satisfied with that. I guess I've seen too many seasons of Biggest Loser with crazy amounts of loss each week. :confused3 DH used it about 3x the first week and never since. :lmao: He doesn't need it as badly as I do, but has been detailed to a "sit-down" job and gained 15lbs this year so it wouldn't hurt! Tessa, incidentally, loves the machine and needs it the least of all of us. :rotfl2:
11196.jpg

On my Cmas shopping excursions I've popped into every shoe store around to try and find some cute walking shoes with no luck. I don't know why but I don't like tennis shoes for everyday wear. I'm not a croc person either. DH loves to wear tennies so he's set, and the girls won't be doing any/nearly any walking so they'll be fine with whatever. I need comfy walking shoes! Any suggestions? Has anyone tried those fitflops, or the Skechers Shape ups? I tried some on and they were comfy but expensive and I didn't want to spend that much without some good recommendations.

I am thinking of starting a countdown for the girls after Cmas or NYs. I like the Mickey Head countdown and should be able to get to a Home Depot sometime this month....We live in the boonies and it's 25 mins to the nearest store. I also like the idea of Disney Family Night (??) but haven't compiled a list of Tessa approved movies and themes yet. :lmao: Once I do that I'll know how many weeks I have to work with.

Other updates - we've had several annual doc appts recently and all is good news or rather no new news. ;) Phoebe's ophthalmologist says her condition (optic nerve atrophy, nystagmus and exotropia) is not degenerative, in fact, with time she may learn how to use what she has better and seem as though she sees better. She's keeping the same glasses, which we only use for close up activities because that's what they help her see, and otherwise she'll chew on them if unattended for longer time periods.

She finally had a seizure right in front of a doc (so far it's all been my descriptions and negative tests). The doc said it appears to be an absence seizure but it was only about 1 minute and she didn't appear to be in pain or otherwise affected by it so she is recommending no meds or treatment for it at this time. Meds always have side effects and they would probably not be worth it. It's not great news, but it is comforting to have had the doc see it, know that I'm not crazy and that it isn't something to be immediately concerned with.

We got approval to make an appt for a new wheelchair (she's had this one since age 3 and it is now adjusted to max size). I can't decide if I want the new one before we go or to try and make this one last. I know a new one will be heavier and bigger.:sad2: My back is already suffering from lifting this one in and out of our van. :scared: Why insurance companies will pay for a chair but not a way to move it is beyond me.

Her geneticist has tested her for Rett syndrome and CDKL5 which both came back negative. (These tests were after other geneticists in other states have tested for Angelman, Prader-Willi, etc) This doc really has a hunch and said that they have found yet another variation of Rett, and wants to test her for it. We now wait for all of her insurances to approve or disapprove and then we'll see if it's covered, or what our cost will be. I like this doc, and I think it is hopeful that he really is determined to find it. Other docs have been at a loss.

The one source of frustration has been trying to get her a walker. We were on the verge of ordering one before we left Texas three years ago. The order got messed up and we decided to wait until after the move to try again. When we got here her school PT was HORRIBLE (along with everyone else at that school) and they refused to help me. She actually told me that we would cripple Phoebe if we got her a walker. I had three other PTs and two orthopedic docs who disagreed. The school refused to work with us on anything. We moved. Sad that a family has to move to a new district to be listened to. ANYWAY....our new district is so small that they let us do what we want. ;) We wanted to send Phoebe to a specialty school in the city. It is a state school for the blind and they accepted her placement with open arms. They love her there and offer so many wonderful opportunities. They have swimming for PE, hippotherapy (horse riding), art, music, community filed trips weekly, not to mention all the adaptive equipment you can imagine. SO back to the walker. It took some time but we finally got her a private PT (since the first school one was such a dunce) and she has been working with Phoebe to try and decide on the best kind. Phoebe needs major assistance, so a simple walker isn't enough. But she is SO motivated and loves to walk! She has been needing this thing for years. So we worked with the private PT, who we liked, for a year (!!) before deciding on one. Now 6 months has gone by, no order, no return calls from the PT, nothing. I am so frustrated!!! I have called a couple of times, and talked to the director once and another PT once who both said they would talk to our PT. I am going to leave one more message for this lady and then I'm just going to call a vendor on my own and try to get an order. I know our Ped. will sign a scrip for it if I need him to. It's just ridiculous that we've been trying to get one for 3 yrs, and trying to get one with this one therapist for 18 months!!!!!!!:mad: I doubt we would take her walker with us on the trip (if we have one by then) because she really only walks for a few minutes at a time and very slowly.

So there's my update/rant. :surfweb: I have some great pixie dust news :wizard: but I think I will wait until we start our countdown with the kids to share it. We'll see if I can stand my own popcorn::suspense.

We got an elliptical machine a couple of weeks ago. So far I've used it 4x/week both weeks (my goal is to aim for every day, so that if I have to miss one it won't be too big a deal). I've lost a couple pounds but frankly I'm not satisfied with that. I guess I've seen too many seasons of Biggest Loser with crazy amounts of loss each week. :confused3 DH used it about 3x the first week and never since. :lmao: He doesn't need it as badly as I do, but has been detailed to a "sit-down" job and gained 15lbs this year so it wouldn't hurt! Tessa, incidentally, loves the machine and needs it the least of all of us. :rotfl2:
11196.jpg

Im with you, I have a treadmill and am trying to get my walking up to at least 5 miles a day to get ready for Disney!

On my Cmas shopping excursions I've popped into every shoe store around to try and find some cute walking shoes with no luck. I don't know why but I don't like tennis shoes for everyday wear. I'm not a croc person either. DH loves to wear tennies so he's set, and the girls won't be doing any/nearly any walking so they'll be fine with whatever. I need comfy walking shoes! Any suggestions? Has anyone tried those fitflops, or the Skechers Shape ups? I tried some on and they were comfy but expensive and I didn't want to spend that much without some good recommendations.

I have also been looking for some good walking shoes. I am a total flip flops girl or bare feet. Cant stand tennies. Have you heard of the Teva shoes. I hear they are good but havent tried them YET.

I am thinking of starting a countdown for the girls after Cmas or NYs. I like the Mickey Head countdown and should be able to get to a Home Depot sometime this month....We live in the boonies and it's 25 mins to the nearest store. I also like the idea of Disney Family Night (??) but haven't compiled a list of Tessa approved movies and themes yet. :lmao: Once I do that I'll know how many weeks I have to work with.

Other updates - we've had several annual doc appts recently and all is good news or rather no new news. ;) Phoebe's ophthalmologist says her condition (optic nerve atrophy, nystagmus and exotropia) is not degenerative, in fact, with time she may learn how to use what she has better and seem as though she sees better. She's keeping the same glasses, which we only use for close up activities because that's what they help her see, and otherwise she'll chew on them if unattended for longer time periods.

She finally had a seizure right in front of a doc (so far it's all been my descriptions and negative tests). The doc said it appears to be an absence seizure but it was only about 1 minute and she didn't appear to be in pain or otherwise affected by it so she is recommending no meds or treatment for it at this time. Meds always have side effects and they would probably not be worth it. It's not great news, but it is comforting to have had the doc see it, know that I'm not crazy and that it isn't something to be immediately concerned with.

It's so nice when the docs are able to see what your trying to describe. Im glad it's nothing to concerning.

We got approval to make an appt for a new wheelchair (she's had this one since age 3 and it is now adjusted to max size). I can't decide if I want the new one before we go or to try and make this one last. I know a new one will be heavier and bigger.:sad2: My back is already suffering from lifting this one in and out of our van. :scared: Why insurance companies will pay for a chair but not a way to move it is beyond me.

Her geneticist has tested her for Rett syndrome and CDKL5 which both came back negative. (These tests were after other geneticists in other states have tested for Angelman, Prader-Willi, etc) This doc really has a hunch and said that they have found yet another variation of Rett, and wants to test her for it. We now wait for all of her insurances to approve or disapprove and then we'll see if it's covered, or what our cost will be. I like this doc, and I think it is hopeful that he really is determined to find it. Other docs have been at a loss.

The one source of frustration has been trying to get her a walker. We were on the verge of ordering one before we left Texas three years ago. The order got messed up and we decided to wait until after the move to try again. When we got here her school PT was HORRIBLE (along with everyone else at that school) and they refused to help me. She actually told me that we would cripple Phoebe if we got her a walker. I had three other PTs and two orthopedic docs who disagreed. The school refused to work with us on anything. We moved. Sad that a family has to move to a new district to be listened to. ANYWAY....our new district is so small that they let us do what we want. ;) We wanted to send Phoebe to a specialty school in the city. It is a state school for the blind and they accepted her placement with open arms. They love her there and offer so many wonderful opportunities. They have swimming for PE, hippotherapy (horse riding), art, music, community filed trips weekly, not to mention all the adaptive equipment you can imagine. SO back to the walker. It took some time but we finally got her a private PT (since the first school one was such a dunce) and she has been working with Phoebe to try and decide on the best kind. Phoebe needs major assistance, so a simple walker isn't enough. But she is SO motivated and loves to walk! She has been needing this thing for years. So we worked with the private PT, who we liked, for a year (!!) before deciding on one. Now 6 months has gone by, no order, no return calls from the PT, nothing. I am so frustrated!!! I have called a couple of times, and talked to the director once and another PT once who both said they would talk to our PT. I am going to leave one more message for this lady and then I'm just going to call a vendor on my own and try to get an order. I know our Ped. will sign a scrip for it if I need him to. It's just ridiculous that we've been trying to get one for 3 yrs, and trying to get one with this one therapist for 18 months!!!!!!!:mad: I doubt we would take her walker with us on the trip (if we have one by then) because she really only walks for a few minutes at a time and very slowly.

So there's my update/rant. :surfweb: I have some great pixie dust news :wizard: but I think I will wait until we start our countdown with the kids to share it. We'll see if I can stand my own popcorn::suspense.

:woohoo: on getting a new chair and Im sorry your having to deal with all the stress on getting a walker. If your Ped signs a presciption for it will insurance cover it without PT approval? I hope you get it worked out.

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried those fitflops, or the Skechers Shape ups? I tried some on and they were comfy but expensive and I didn't want to spend that much without some good recommendations.

Be careful with any flip flop shoes with a piece between the toes unless you are used to them. That's all my mom wears inside or in the summer and she has no problems.
My sister in law tried a pair in WDW a few years ago. Within a few hours she had some major and very painful blisters between her big toe and next toe.
They love her there and offer so many wonderful opportunities. They have swimming for PE, hippotherapy (horse riding), art, music, community filed trips weekly, not to mention all the adaptive equipment you can imagine. SO back to the walker. It took some time but we finally got her a private PT (since the first school one was such a dunce) and she has been working with Phoebe to try and decide on the best kind. Phoebe needs major assistance, so a simple walker isn't enough. But she is SO motivated and loves to walk! She has been needing this thing for years. So we worked with the private PT, who we liked, for a year (!!) before deciding on one. Now 6 months has gone by, no order, no return calls from the PT, nothing. I am so frustrated!!! I have called a couple of times, and talked to the director once and another PT once who both said they would talk to our PT. I am going to leave one more message for this lady and then I'm just going to call a vendor on my own and try to get an order. I know our Ped. will sign a scrip for it if I need him to. It's just ridiculous that we've been trying to get one for 3 yrs, and trying to get one with this one therapist for 18 months!!!!!!!:mad: I doubt we would take her walker with us on the trip (if we have one by then) because she really only walks for a few minutes at a time and very slowly.

:woohoo: on getting a new chair and Im sorry your having to deal with all the stress on getting a walker. If your Ped signs a presciption for it will insurance cover it without PT approval? I hope you get it worked out.
I can tell you that insurance will most probably not cover it without a PT evaluation. The doctor just signs an order that says "walker (or gait trainer, or whatever)". The PT is the person who determines what type will best fit the needs of the person, the size, what other features you need. The PT also writes up exactly why you need those things and why something less than those won't be adequate. All of those things together make up the justification of need. Without the needs being documented correctly, the insurance company is likely to say no.
You might be able to get this from the company, but I doubt it. We just got our DD a shower chair. I knew exactly which one would meet her needs, what size she needed and everything, but I still needed the PT or OT (Occupational Therapist) eval to get it.

I need to start doing something..I keep telling myself that after Piper gets her Wii for Christmas I'll go hardcore on it (she's getting the fit board also.), but we'll see what happens.

I need to start looking too..I have tevas, but want another pair of something to take so I can alternate days..I hate sneakers, but will prob end up buying a pair. I do have crocs, and love them, but this last time at the hospital, they rubbed a bad blister on the top of my foot. Very weird.

I'm glad the medical stuff is going well, but sorry you still don't have an answer. This Dr sounds great though.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the PT, things like that make me go into "stalking" mode. Hopefully she'll return the next phone call.

But, but, but..I wanna know NOW!! LOL. Now you're going to have me all speculating until you reveal the surprise popcorn::popcorn::

20 days until Christmas!

I am in suspence of your wish trip news too;) Glad to hear you have a great dr. I do agree the side affects can be awful with siezure meds. Good luck on your quest to find some shoes. I am going to try to find a decent pair of sneakers and get them broken in before we go.

popcorn::

I am totally throwing popcorn on this one to get the update. :) can't wait! :)

I have some little updates, almost totally non-Dis related. It was a crazy busy weekend for us, like many of you. Thankfully, DH has been getting most weekends off lately. It's so nice when he can be home when Phoebe is out of school and awake. :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, I almost always end up babysitting on the weekends because this little girl's mom is a nurse and dad is law enforcement so they have odd days/hours. I've had her since she was a newborn so we're used to it, but it's getting stressful now that she's two because she and Tessa fight like siblings. It's horrible!!!

Friday was spent mostly cleaning/recuperating from the week. Tessa helped me make a cake to take to the park for her "friend party". Really I just emailed the mommies group in the neighborhood and told everyone to stop by for cake after school. It was a wonderfully stress-free "party". The kids ran around the park, we sang to her, cut the cake, they ran around again, and we were done. :cool1: I insisted on no gifts, but many of them made cards for her and stuck a little treat in with it. She was thrilled. I love stress-free bdays!

Saturday was our local annual Pecan Festival. Not too thrilling, but Tessa had a blast in the bounce houses and Phoebe loved the horse-drawn hay ride through the orchard. We had dinner out (the kids loved the Mariachi!) and then early to bed for them, movies with friends for us.
P1013232.jpg

P1013306.jpg

Sunday was going fine until....I was working out, the little girls were fighting as usual, and Phoebe was on the potty. DH was trying to keep them all under control, not very successfully. Phoebe wears a pull-up because she doesn't indicate when she needs to pee, but she does, thankfully, let us know about BMs. So usually we can put her on the potty when she needs to do that. The problem is, she has low muscle tone and doesn't like to go. It is difficult for her to push, and many times it has been painful because she was constipated. We try all different tactics to get her to push, one of which is to make her mad, so she'll cry and then push. We can easily make her mad by leaving her alone. So DH put her on the potty, then left her to go wrangle the other girls. After a few minutes we heard a THUNK and surprisingly no other noise until DH went in to check on Phoebe and told me to STOP and get in there NOW! Phoebe had leaned over to reach a bath toy and fell off the potty, bonking her face against the tub. Well, her cute little beaver tooth, having no other teeth next to it at the moment, cut all the way through her lip!!! Poor baby!!! She wasn't crying too hard yet but she must've been in shock. There was lots of blood. Once we got her cleaned up and dressed again she was pretty whiny (understandably) so she got some Tylenol (which she HATES - we have to force her to swallow the infant stuff) and DH rocked her to sleep. She napped for a LONG time, thankfully, and seemed to be doing better when she woke up. I called my ER nurse friend to take a peek and we all decided they wouldn't be able to do much for her. I didn't think it was worth putting her under anesthesia to do a couple stitches. The outer cut is only about a centimeter long. DH feels so bad, but we've all left her on the potty before and these things just happen. :sad1:
P1013318.jpg

Once Phoebe was taken care of and asleep, I decided I'd go ahead and take Tessa as planned to see the Nutcracker, performed by her dance teacher's student troupe. I was nervous she wouldn't make it through much, let alone all, of the performance but she did great! She made it through two hours with only a little bouncing around at the end. There was a lot of whispering (Mom, is he dead? Mom it's snowing! Mom, whose that? Mom, I wanna see that again. Mom...) but at least there were lots of other kids there. :rolleyes1 She said she wanted to dance like them, so I told her to listen to her teacher and work really hard. :thumbsup2 I'm glad we went because now she'll understand a little better what she's doing in May for her first recital.
P1013336.jpg

After the performance we picked up Phoebe and dad and went to dinner (total splurge, twice in one week!), Tessa redeemed her bday coupon at Cold Stone (did you know a kid - Phoebe - could hate ice cream!?! It's too cold for her. She had a brownie instead.). :upsidedow Then we got our Cmas tree! There were only a handful left at three places we went to (that's what we get for waiting until Sunday night I guess) so we just picked one that wasn't dry, and wasn't too funny shaped. :rotfl: I am all about stress-free this weekend! Bad news is, one of the places we drove by to look for trees was Home Depot but I completely spaced it and forgot to look at the Disney paint sample cards! I'm not sure what kind of countdown I want to do and if I can tie it into the Disney Movie Nights, so I really wanted to look at the cards to see how big, how many I'd need, etc. ARGH!!! It's 25 mins away from our house and I was right there and I forgot!!!:mad: (so there's one Disney related update)
P1013357.jpg

So this morning, Phoebe's back to school and Tessa had her annual checkup at the ped. Poor girl got three shots (I still feel my heart skip a beat when they do that, so scary, but at least we're past that 18 month one!). She's at 80% for height (41 inches - already cleared for many of the rides!!!! and there's the other Disney update, LOL) and 60% for weight. Lean, mean, playing machine!:cheer2: He said she's ready for school if we can get her in (she misses the cut off for next year, so we'll have to try some tricks) and recommended we go back to naps. Said she'll probably need them even into school years. I agree, but gave up because it kept her up late at night if she napped. He said, wake her up after an hour. We'll try it...Also, going to do allergy testing on her. I am almost positive she's dairy allergic, since infancy we had to use soy. She has an upset tummy often and I try to limit her consumption but she loves it so it's hard. How do they test for food allergies, anyone? We ruled out trying a home testing method (withhold a certain item, then give lots of it and see what happens) because she's a picky eater and not likely to cooperate. But I hate to put her through a bad test experience if it will only confirm what I already think I know. I did ask about the possibility of food reactions causing her behaviors and he said not likely. She is always active, not just after certain foods, so a reaction is probably not the cause. Makes sense to me.

Now that we have our tree and will finally start our decorating, I'm getting in the holiday spirit. We also got an invite last week from MAW, to see a Festival of Lights. Sounds like Santa will be there so that will be fun. I hate doing the line at the mall for Santa when the kids don't really want to anyway. :rolleyes:
SCAN0138a.jpg

Booooo for Phoebe's lip..I totally understand how things like that happen though, glad you didn't have to put her through getting stitches, I think I would freak out having to get them in a lip..yeeeowch! Hooraaaay for a stress-free party and the pecan festival and going to see the Nutcracker and the MAW lights invitation! You guys had such a busy weekend, I'm glad it went so well (aside from the lip!).

Hooray! For the 41 in child! That should make the trip a lot more fun! Piper will still nap for 1-2 hrs a day, particularly when she's sick. Maybe the hr will be just enough for Tessa. Just think..next yr you'll have an empty nest..at least for part of the day!

Piper will still nap for 1-2 hrs a day, particularly when she's sick. Maybe the hr will be just enough for Tessa. Just think..next yr you'll have an empty nest..at least for part of the day!

It only took me 1/2 hr to get her to sleep just now. I set my alarm for one hr so I'll get her up, deal with the crankies for a little bit and hopefully have her back in bed tonight at 7, not 9....wish me luck!

Aww poor Phobe but yes these things happen Dh dosent need to feel guilty at all. The nutcracker performance pics were great. I have always wanted to go see it still have not been able to. Hope the naps go well and Tessa gets to bed at a decent time. Thats the reason we gave up on naps as well. I would rather deal with it during the day then at night. I need my down time.:rotfl:

Well nap time went well, not too hard to rouse her and she snuggled with me on the couch while waking up but then she started feeling achy and getting a temp. It was "only" 101 and I'm assuming it was those stupid immunizations today.
Then Phoebe gets home and after I get her off the bus and take her braces off her feet and calves are freezing but from her knees up is warm. Someone (hoping not me from this morning!!!) put her AFOs on too tight and it was restricting circulation! So I warm those up, get her a snack, not interested, give her a bath, get jammies on, get her dinner, did okay, but starts whining pretty bad. I put her to bed early thinking she was just tired but half an hour later she's whining and squealing like she's in major pain! I gave her some Tylenol but I don't know what's wrong. It could be her lip but she wasn't acting like this last night??? Or she could be coming down with something, but she can't tell me where it hurts so who knows??? There she goes again. I guess there's no computer time tonight. Gonna go get my 8 yr old and rock her now. It's the only thing she likes when she's hurting...
Grrrr! I hate when my babies don't feel good!

OUCH!!!! Poor baby. You are right, stuff happens, but why does it HAVE to happen to OUR kids????? Last year Matty was running with the kids in the familyroom (didn't I tell them not to run in the house:sad2:) tripped and hit his head on the hearth of the stone fireplace:eek: Got him square between the eyes! The BLOOD....OMG the BLOOD....it was squirting out from between his fingers. My dh almost fainted it was so bad:rotfl: Of course I don't know what I'm laughing about.....I couldn't even look! Ended up with a ride in an ambulance and a boatload of stitches. Just what he needed huh? Another war wound! Anyway....sorry got off track. Didn't mean to play "can you top this" :laughing: I'm sorry to hear she is so unhappy now.....may very well be that her lip hurts her. She looked so sweet and peaceful sleeping in that px. Hopefully the rocking (and quiet mama time) will bring her back to that happy place.

Glad Tessa enjoyed the Nutcracker. It is hard when they are that young. The first act I think keeps them going but after the intermission I think that they start to lose it.....too much 'dancing' not enough drama like in the first half. My four year old was a pain yesterday UGH Fortunately he was sitting on my dh's end of the row:rotfl2: Tell Tessa to keep dancin'! Liv's been dancing since she was 3 also. Last year she was a mouse but this year she got to be one of the party children which kept her onstage for almost the entire first half of the show and involved A LOT of dancing and acting too. It's so magical seeing them up on stage. I get all emotional:sad2: Oh, there I go again, talking about us.:rolleyes1

MAW Festival of Lights sounds like fun! Take px!!

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Well, it was a long night. After rocking Phoeb for an hour I put her in my bed, she was quiet for about 30mins then started again. I gave in and went to bed with her, after forcing some Motrin in her (she abhors meds by mouth), and she did okay the rest of the night. I decided to send her to school and see what happens. Her school is a special school 45 minutes away so it's a big pain to go get her if they want to send her home. Right as I'm getting her backpack all ready she coughed. I'm hoping I'm just paranoid....

Tessa came and crawled in bed with us, just minutes after I gave in. It's surprising how small a King size can feel when you're trapped in the middle. When DH got home from work he moved T back to her bed. Now that Phoebe's off I'm going to try and go back to bed, even though I know Tessa will be up any minute....:sad2:

I'm sorry you had such a long night, hon. :hug: Hopefully today will go better for you. Crossing my fingers that you get some sleep!

oh no! I hate that you had such a long night!

I will be praying for Phoebe - I hope it is nothing and passes quickly! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter