Princess Emily's MAW Cruise TR - UPDATED with Day 1 Pics

I'm so sorry for not posting pics. To be honest, we really wanted to just relish in the NED news. I've always believed she'll continue to be cancer free, but getting that email, it's just such a blessing. We definitely celebrated for sure!! :goodvibes

So in the last five days, we've gotten FIVE, (yes 5) packages in the mail. Holy smokes. When I got the inital PM, I had NO idea it was to this magnitude. You guys are wonderful. I wish I could explain to you how much excitement you have added to BOTH my girls for this trip. I am truly touched by what you have done for us and for all the other families! Amazing...

Ok, *wiping tears* now off to package #1...
dclstuff041.jpg

i about freaked out when I saw the box like this! :scared1: I was so mad that the carrier didn't leave a note or anything. :mad: and this one was left on my porch, as usual!

Here's Emy starting to open the box
dclstuff042.jpg

Here is her expression seeing what's inside:
dclstuff043.jpg

Sami standing by patiently (asking, is there anything for ME????) LOL!
dclstuff044.jpg

Sami with her bows (immediately asked me to put them in!!)
dclstuff046.jpg

Emy pulling out hers...
dclstuff045.jpg

Emy
dclstuff048.jpg

Sami
dclstuff047.jpg

The girls love love love them!! And the bows, wow wee!!! I wish it were fashionable to wear bows myself, cuz I fell in love with them!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Another package was waiting for the girls this week. They weren't behaving well, so I kind of held the package over their heads as incentive to get their attitudes in check...:rolleyes: I know, but it worked.... Here they are opening up the box:
dclstuff049.jpg

They kept moving and I had a hard time getting a good angle!
Emily "reading" the note then handing asking what it said...:rotfl:
dclstuff052.jpg

Emy reaching in...
dclstuff050.jpg

Making sure this is her name
dclstuff054.jpg

dclstuff057.jpg

See her smiling??
dclstuff058.jpg

Sami opening:
dclstuff051.jpg

dclstuff053.jpg

Sami got hers open first...
dclstuff056.jpg

This was the best I could do of her with it on... (she was ready for bed!lol!)
dclstuff060.jpg

Emy with hers open:
dclstuff059.jpg

Now here is where she runs off to the laundry room to put it on! It's not 'cuz she's modest though that seems not to be far behind.. but because there is a full length mirror she can see herself in while she puts the dress on. :rotfl2:
Twirling
dclstuff062.jpg

dclstuff061.jpg

SO SO SO SO Cute!!! I wish I hadn't put my camera away because she then laid on the couch to "rest" before bedtime in her dress!!!:lmao: She did not want to take it off to go to bed.... LOL!

The fabric is adorable!!! So cute and they fit so well! I love the design because I can put a shirt under if it's too cold or if it's warm, they can leave them w/o!

:goodvibes

Ok, there are three more packages left but I'm TIRED and it's wayyyyyy past my bedtime!!:eek: No matter what time I go to bed, my kids STILL get up at 6:30. Anyone know how to fix that??:rolleyes:

Long week coming up for me as even though I'm taking Friday off, I've got a lot of stuff to get done before I leave on the trip..:surfweb: So I hope to have the next installment up sometime tomorrow! :teeth:

Until then`

What wonderfull pictures and man your trip is soon! Looking forward to reading more.

How CUTE is Emy in her bows!! Too cute!! I love the tutus and the Mickey/Minnie dresses. That style is great - very versitile.

NED. :cool1: 'nuff said. Be back later with big give pictures.:teeth:

Oh my gosh!!!!

NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how I missed those 3 MOST IMPORTANT and WONDERFUL letters!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I can go back and read the other post...

aww!!! The stuff is SO precious!! :)

I just love that Emy wanted to sleep in her dress! :) How sweet!

Yes...I just have to give myself a "turn off the computer time"...I missed it last night by about an hour...and am paying for it today. I have to be at work at 7:00 am...so my day starts pretty early, too. So if you figure out how to fix that problem, let me know! ;)

But...I hope to get in bed early tonight. So I won't have to drink 2 Diet Cokes to get myself going tomorrow! :)

Well, I better go...back to work!! :)

I don't think there's a better way to celebrate NED than being on DCL :) Have a safe and happy trip. As for your concerns about your flights, because the flights are booked through DCL, even if there are delays, they won't sail without you... we recently sailed and left Port Canaveral late because of some delayed flights. Once you get to Orlando, you can be at the Port in just over an hour - so you have plenty of time.

Can't wait to read about your trip!

Another package was waiting for the girls this week. They weren't behaving well, so I kind of held the package over their heads as incentive to get their attitudes in check...:rolleyes: I know, but it worked.... Here they are opening up the box:
dclstuff049.jpg

They kept moving and I had a hard time getting a good angle!
Emily "reading" the note then handing asking what it said...:rotfl:
dclstuff052.jpg

Emy reaching in...
dclstuff050.jpg

Making sure this is her name
dclstuff054.jpg

dclstuff057.jpg

See her smiling??
dclstuff058.jpg

Sami opening:
dclstuff051.jpg

dclstuff053.jpg

Sami got hers open first...
dclstuff056.jpg

This was the best I could do of her with it on... (she was ready for bed!lol!)
dclstuff060.jpg

Emy with hers open:
dclstuff059.jpg

Now here is where she runs off to the laundry room to put it on! It's not 'cuz she's modest though that seems not to be far behind.. but because there is a full length mirror she can see herself in while she puts the dress on. :rotfl2:
Twirling
dclstuff062.jpg

dclstuff061.jpg

SO SO SO SO Cute!!! I wish I hadn't put my camera away because she then laid on the couch to "rest" before bedtime in her dress!!!:lmao: She did not want to take it off to go to bed.... LOL!

The fabric is adorable!!! So cute and they fit so well! I love the design because I can put a shirt under if it's too cold or if it's warm, they can leave them w/o!

:goodvibes

I'm so glad they love them and they fit so well. Thanks for posting the pictures.

I'm so glad they love them and they fit so well. Thanks for posting the pictures.
no, thank you!! Where did you get such adorable fabric???? It's funny how much they loved 'em b'c even though it was 40something degrees outside Emy REFUSED to put a shirt underneath while she wore it the rest of the evening! :rotfl: I'm walking around in pants, sweater AND jacket/sweatshirt and here's my daughter in a Sundress! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! It was too cute!!

no, thank you!! Where did you get such adorable fabric???? It's funny how much they loved 'em b'c even though it was 40something degrees outside Emy REFUSED to put a shirt underneath while she wore it the rest of the evening! :rotfl: I'm walking around in pants, sweater AND jacket/sweatshirt and here's my daughter in a Sundress! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! It was too cute!!

I found it at Hancock Fabrics and it screamed Disney Cruise line, so I had to buy some in the hopes I'd be able to make something for someone going on a cruise. 2 days later your big give came up and I was very excited to get to use it almost immediatly. I hope your cruise is great. I want to go on a Disney Cruise someday. Maybe in a few years.

Congrats NED!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: (I can go on with these icons!)
Love the expressions on the girls' faces when they open the gift or try on the clothes, etc. Have fun at the party on Friday!! We sure can't wait to see the party report!!!! Have fun and take it easy!!!:thumbsup2

My first ever big give. I do not sew so I did not think I could do big gives. That expression on her face is priceless!!!!

It makes me want to do many more Big Gives.
Really? Ever? The girls LOVED them!!! I mean, who wouldn't???? YOu should definitely do more!

I found it at Hancock Fabrics and it screamed Disney Cruise line, so I had to buy some in the hopes I'd be able to make something for someone going on a cruise. 2 days later your big give came up and I was very excited to get to use it almost immediatly. I hope your cruise is great. I want to go on a Disney Cruise someday. Maybe in a few years.
OH WOW!!! I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason (hence the reason I lived with a burst appendix for a week...) so that is too funny that you bought it and our big give was next!! It's SUPER cute fabric!! I hope you get to go on a cruise soon!!!

Congrats NED!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: (I can go on with these icons!)
Love the expressions on the girls' faces when they open the gift or try on the clothes, etc. Have fun at the party on Friday!! We sure can't wait to see the party report!!!! Have fun and take it easy!!!:thumbsup2
Thank you!! Emy is quite excited about the party. Now we're in the deciding phase of what she wants to wear... This could take a while...:rolleyes1

Oh my, what a story your little Emily has been thru. An amazing family.

I just love the dresses....they are beautiful....5 more days until your big Disney Cruise....:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Can't wait to hear all about when you get home

Next up… Another package! I love the days when I am home and a package is still left on the porch (ie kids/DH haven’t seen it yet! LOL). This was one of those days.

I was sitting down and the kids were around me so I didn’t get as good of pics as I would have liked but here is Emy opening hers:

dclstuff066.jpg

With it “on” ie in front of her
dclstuff068.jpg

DH looking at his

dclstuff067.jpg

And of course, Sami (I opened, I conquered I’m done!!)
dclstuff065.jpg

There was a shirt in there for me AND my DMIL! How super super super cool! They are awesome!! And personalized!!!! If you can’t read it, it says: “Make A Wish” with the wish being a picture of the boat. In the top left of each shirt is a mickey head (that looks like water!) with each of our names (Emy, Sami, Dad, Nana, Mom)

The girls even got little bags with their favorite characters in the favorite colors too! They are adorable!!!
dclstuff069.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

So, I really wanted to do a Fish Extender gift exchange on the boat. I figured the girls would really love coming back to their room and seeing all sorts of fun things in it. So I ordered one. I figured, I’m allowed to splurge, a LITTLE right?

ETA- In case you might not know, on the cruise boards there is usually a thread where you can met your fellow DIScruisers. Some set up gift exchanges where you sign up to bring a gift and you deliver it to each of the rooms that are participating. It’s just a little extra fun/magic/pixie dust for your cruise.

So, what comes in the mail? The FE:

dclstuff076.jpg

I’ve got to get a better pic of it. It’s all embroidered and ADORABLE!! Notice, it doesn’t say “Wish trip.” I’m hoping that I can convince DH to take another cruise with Mickey in the future, if this one is enjoyed by all. :teeth: !!

The fun part? In the package, she gave the girls each a pillow case. If you haven’t been on a cruise, you may not know that you can give a pillow case (or any item) to guest services and they’ll have all the characters sign it! So she embroidered the girls names with a princess Minnie on each of them. I already have the fabric markers so they’re set!!!

Sami:

dclstuff075.jpg

Emy:

dclstuff074.jpg

Together:
dclstuff072.jpg

The most recent package to arrive on our doorstep. Here is Samantha taking her package out:
dclstuff078.jpg

Opening:
dclstuff083.jpg

dclstuff084.jpg

dclstuff086.jpg

dclstuff085.jpg

Now Emy’s turn:
dclstuff080.jpg

dclstuff081.jpg

With them on:
dclstuff092.jpg

(Sami just WILL NOT sit still long enough for me to get a good pic!!! LOL!)

The spinning that must be done when any skirt or dress comes into the house :teeth: :
dclstuff091.jpg

dclstuff089.jpg

Smiles:
dclstuff087.jpg

These are so cute! They’ll be PERFECT for pirate night on the ship! The girls love them and have already packed them in the suitcase so we don’t forget them!!!

I am not sure all the Disboutiquers really know how much your packages, gifts and creativity have added to the excitement of the trip. Truly, my girls were not excited about the trip until the packages started coming. It’s because of YOU guys that they have seriously gotten pumped about the trip!!

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3:
:hug:

Whohoo!! You got the package!! I'm so happy the girls like their Pirate sets, and that they fit!! They both look adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter