Princess Emily's MAW Cruise TR - UPDATED with Day 1 Pics

aw...how totally sweet!!!!! :)

It seems like they went completely out of their way to make the whole thing so magical! :)

Great pics...great storytelling! Awesome!! :)

Thank you so much for sharing your magical day with us! :)
Thank you! They had such a great time!!

That's Awesome!:dance3:
They are still talking about it!

Your girls are so cute! Emily must be one very strong little girl, having to endure so much at such a young age. I can't even imagine. I'm so excited for her and for you and the rest of your family! I'll be following along popcorn::
Yes she's pretty strong. Makes me quite sad to think about what's she's been through. :sad2: But the light is shining now!:lovestruc

Hey, I just read your story and I too cried. It's so great that she got her wish and you are going on the cruise! My sister and I will also be on your cruise with you. We are sisters in our mid to late 20s and if we can do anything to help make this cruise any more special for your daughter and your family, just let us know! I think make a wish and give kids the world are two of the greatest organization! Enjoy your cruise!!

How's the planning? Are you super excited yet?! You shoud have a package to open next week!!

Awesome report. Your girls are so sweet!!! Best of luck with the planning and have a magical cruise! I have been following many MAW pre/post trip reports. I think it's great that any organization that helps out with sending wish child to DL, WDW or Disney cruise!!! The MAW child and his/her family very much deserves a magical vacation!!!:cheer2:

What a great story!
Thanks for following along!

Hey, I just read your story and I too cried. It's so great that she got her wish and you are going on the cruise! My sister and I will also be on your cruise with you. We are sisters in our mid to late 20s and if we can do anything to help make this cruise any more special for your daughter and your family, just let us know! I think make a wish and give kids the world are two of the greatest organization! Enjoy your cruise!!
How awesome! My sis and I took a girls trip together almost two years ago and had a BLAST! I can only imagine if it had been disney!! Hope we get to meet up!

How's the planning? Are you super excited yet?! You shoud have a package to open next week!!
We are super excited! Ok, Emy is even more excited! My MIL was here this past week and they talked about room service! LOL! She wants to be the one to order it! :rotfl2:

Great report!
Thanks! There is more to come!

Awesome report. Your girls are so sweet!!! Best of luck with the planning and have a magical cruise! I have been following many MAW pre/post trip reports. I think it's great that any organization that helps out with sending wish child to DL, WDW or Disney cruise!!! The MAW child and his/her family very much deserves a magical vacation!!!:cheer2:
Yes, MAW along with the other wish granting orgs are wonderful. We hope to give back now that things have calmed down for us....

I'm so sorry I've been MIA! Work has been crazy then I actually took TIME OFF over the holidays. Haven't taken time off (unless you count surgeries, chemo, tests, hospitlzations, etc) since before Emy was diagnoised! It felt good.

It's hard to believe that the cruise is in less than 14 days from today! :scared1: Luckily, I corned the kids this weekend to try on clothes. Can you hear them saying, "Awwww Mommy.. MORE? I tried that on already! Mom... are you done YET???" See, Emily has gained back the weight I hadn't realized she lost while OT and frankly the summer clothes from this past season just didn't fit. So I ordered clothes, and picked up things here and there which required her to try them on. Normally she LOVES to do this but when you couple that with her sister in their locked bedroom (so they can't escape from me :laughing: ) it is not as fun as it usually is.

I've narrowed clothes down for them but need to figure out if I pack all shorts, or some capris and pants too. I'll make that decision this weekend when I see what the weather is like in FL. DH said the temp in the Bahamas was high 77 yesterdya. :banana: Of course, yesterday it was 84 here......:rotfl:

We decided to book one excursion. Atlantis beach day. We figured the historic tour wouldn't be much fun for the kids, and they're really too young for Atlantis, and we still want to experience the island. The dolphin excursion sounded nice but we waited too long and unfortuantely they're all reservrved. Oh well, I'm not going to stress about it. As along as we get to experince the island, it'll be fun!!!

Anywho.. I'm in the process of uploading photos to photobucket but we've gotten some wonderful packages in the mail the last few weeks! It's because of these packages that have gotten the girls excited and talking about the trip. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :hug: I truly mean that!!!!

This week is busy. Kids go back to pre-school, dance starts up again, and Emy has her 3 month tests to make sure she's still cancer free. Wednesday will be a long day as she'll have to be NPO after 7AM but she doesn't have any tests until 12. She has a MRI, CT scan and chest xray all in the same day! I expect the hosptial visit will be 5-6 hours long. :sad1: Here is hoping we'll get the results BEFORE the weekend!!!!

I'll be back soon..... Hopefully with PICTURES!!!!

Just started reading your report and I cried and cried and hugged my 4 1/2 year old. Thanks for sharing and happy to hear your family is doing well. Can't wait to read more!!

I forgot to add some drama about our trip.

Remember how I said that my MIL was coming with us? We are paying for her separately (MAW does not pay for those that do not live in the house and frankly, this is our way of saying thank you AND it was part of Emily's wish the "nana" come along) but MAW booked her room with our ressies (and happens to have Emy in her room for booking purposes..)

Well, we asked MAW what flight we would be on and their response was, "It's always the first flight out of DFW." Ok, so about six weeks ago, I booked my MIL a one way flight (she's spending time in FL after our trip) on the first AA flight out of dallas. .

So, imagine my surprise, when I looked at our ressies online through DisneyCruise.com and saw that alas, our flights were booked. HOWEVER, they're the SECOND flight of the day, NOT the first, that my MIL is booked on!!! HOLY YOU KNOW WHAT!!:scared1:

Not to mention... my ressies are all under my MAIDEN name not my married name. What happened was that they used my passport which they didn't realize has an addendum at the BACK with the correct name. I explained this to the travel dept. when I saw this orginally a few months back however, I was told it wouldn't be a problem. Now I'm starting to worry!!!

So... I contacted MAW and they are looking into getting my MIL flight's changed. I hope it happens this week.. I'm stressed out that we're on the second flight anyway, b/c it doesn't get us into MCO until 12:20P, then add an hour drive down to port, we're looking at maybe 2PM before we make it to the boat....:sad2: What if there are delays? I'm such a planner, worrier, that it just KILLS me to be there so LATE!!! ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

I forgot to add some drama about our trip.

Remember how I said that my MIL was coming with us? We are paying for her separately (MAW does not pay for those that do not live in the house and frankly, this is our way of saying thank you AND it was part of Emily's wish the "nana" come along) but MAW booked her room with our ressies (and happens to have Emy in her room for booking purposes..)

Well, we asked MAW what flight we would be on and their response was, "It's always the first flight out of DFW." Ok, so about six weeks ago, I booked my MIL a one way flight (she's spending time in FL after our trip) on the first AA flight out of dallas. .

So, imagine my surprise, when I looked at our ressies online through DisneyCruise.com and saw that alas, our flights were booked. HOWEVER, they're the SECOND flight of the day, NOT the first, that my MIL is booked on!!! HOLY YOU KNOW WHAT!!:scared1:

Not to mention... my ressies are all under my MAIDEN name not my married name. What happened was that they used my passport which they didn't realize has an addendum at the BACK with the correct name. I explained this to the travel dept. when I saw this orginally a few months back however, I was told it wouldn't be a problem. Now I'm starting to worry!!!

So... I contacted MAW and they are looking into getting my MIL flight's changed. I hope it happens this week.. I'm stressed out that we're on the second flight anyway, b/c it doesn't get us into MCO until 12:20P, then add an hour drive down to port, we're looking at maybe 2PM before we make it to the boat....:sad2: What if there are delays? I'm such a planner, worrier, that it just KILLS me to be there so LATE!!! ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

Yikes...sounds like a lot of stress!!!

I hope you get it all worked out. We did have to "go behind" and check some on things that were planned. In our case, they were used to planning for a child that can walk or use a push chair and her 400 pound power chair was not something they had dealt with...

anyway...my point is...feel free and don't feel bad about checking behind them to make sure everything is perfect for your trip!! Well, not perfect, no trip is...but as close to perfect as possible!!!!

You guys are going to have a blast! :)

So we've received five packages in the last few weeks!! Again, I'm so sorry that I didn't update earlier. When we got the first package, I think it was around the time that Emily was taken to the ER... :( She got sick and just couldn't keep anything down for two days. She wasn't active, or even moving around much so DH took her to the ER. Here's a pic of her DH took about 11PM that night in the ER. Isn't she adorable half asleep?
Dec16_0004.jpg

Anywho.. the girls got some wonderful Dreams ears from Kristi and Allie! They were so excited!!! They put them immediately on when i didn't have a camera around. :( So I don't have a pic! I will get one this week! They're awesome ears!! Silver and blue!!! SWEEET! This started the excitement for the disney boat!!!

The next package from Jill R****** we received DH opened when I was at work. Luckily he realized enough that he wasn't to GIVE anythign out until I got home to document it! LOL! :rotfl2: Here is Emy looking what came out of the envelope:
P1050950.jpg

Emy handing over Sami's:
P1050951.jpg

Emy showing me it's ARIEL! ARIEL! MY FAVORITE!!! (not kidding folks..):rotfl:
P1050952.jpg

Then them together:
P1050955.jpg

They are so excited about these books! They are WONDERFUL! Emy even saw all the characters in the back to which her sister lamented she didn't have that. Of course Emy then showed her where her characters were! LoL! Seriously Jill. These are wonderful!!!!!!!

The next package was from Mary B. This one I didn't have my big camera but I did have my camera phone with me...

Here's Emily looking in the envelope:
IMG00009-20081220-0840.jpg

Letting her sister reach in:
IMG00008-20081220-0840.jpg

Sami holding up one:
IMG00010-20081220-0840.jpg

Emy holding all of the bracelets:
IMG00013-20081220-0844.jpg

And here is one on my wrist that the girls insisted I try then and there:
IMG00014-20081220-0845.jpg

The bracelets are BEAUTIFUL!! WOW! The girls are were excited and immediately asked me if they could wear them with their dresses for dinner (I told them they were dressing up for dinner time, which they love!!) and I said yes. You should have HEARD the screams in my house!! :lmao:

The next box arrived and thankfully this time DH waited until I got home! (Do you think he's learning??? :lmao: ) It was from Mrs. Bruce B****.
Emily was so excited because it was addressed to Princess Emily!!! (BTW, that was so cute to do!!!)
Here is Emily opening the box:
xmas013.jpg

Here is she is getting a cool journal out:
xmas015.jpg

Smiling because she's so excited:
xmas018.jpg

DH & Sami getting into the act:
xmas016.jpg

Now, in this box were some "do rags" or bandanas. We immediately put one on Sami:
xmas007.jpg

DH decided to get in the act but he has a rather large head and the one left didn't fit so we switched Sami's to his and gave sami the new one:
xmas008.jpg

ANd one with pirate faces:
xmas010.jpg

However, there was not to be an evening free of drama. Emy got upset that Sami wanted to look at "her stuff" and had a meltdown:
xmas020.jpg

So DH and I decided that was the end of the pictures for the night.. 'cept for one taken by Sami (who's 3...)
xmas022-1.jpg

Coming up next.. Glenda C***** (gcast1)'s super cool, excited for plane ride package....

Aww...great pictures!! I have a feeling you will hit the mail jackpot later in the week. ;)

Hi! I just started reading this morning, and of course am in tears! Your family is beautiful, and I am so happy Emy is doing so much better now and that you will be on the most WONDERFUL vacation imaginable so soon!!:banana: DCL is AMAZING!!! We just had our first cruise on them this past November, my sons STILL can't stop talking about it. There is something for everyone!

And I think it's good you're going over to see Atlantis- it's a truly amazing place with so much to see!

Have a fabulous vacation!!:cheer2: :hug:

Ellen

aww!!!!! Yeah!!! :) Big Give Pics! :)

Your kids are so precious! :)

Your DD3 is an AWESOME photographer!

Bless your heart for having to deal with a meltdown.

I love, love that the kids all dressed up for dinner. And I am so glad you like the bracelets!

Fabulous job with the pictures! I could never get anyone at Lauren's house to really wait! :rotfl2: They were just too excited! So way to go with the pics!!!!

Great pictures!

Your cruise is so close!! Before you know it, you'll be on the ship! I can't wait to see pictures of your girls all dressed up for dinner :)

I'm suprised that they booked you on a flight that late. I'd be worried too!! :confused3

Our last package arrived on Friday from Glenda C. (I think. Maybe it was Saturday? My days are running together since being on vacation! :rotfl: ). Our postal carrier likes to leave packages on our front porch, rather than put them in the lock box down the street. Emily saw the package and immediately asked if it was for her! What am I going to do once this trip is over?:lmao:

We took a look at the address label and it was addressed to the Jones Family and DH proceeded to take the box from me while I went to get my camera.

Here’s DH telling Sami if she wants the box she has to pay him ::yes:: :
dclstuff023.jpg

Here is Emy with her package:
dclstuff026.jpg

Sami tearing (I mean that!) into hers with out waiting for her sister… :teeth:
dclstuff027.jpg

dclstuff030.jpg

Opens up her crayon roll:
dclstuff032.jpg

Emy opening hers:
dclstuff034.jpg

Looking at the coloring books:
dclstuff037.jpg

dclstuff038.jpg

Sami immediately started coloring but I got her to say “thank you” before she got too involved:
dclstuff039.jpg

And Emy saying thank you:
dclstuff040.jpg

They LOVED the stuff. They received coloring books, note pads, activity books, light up keychains and crayon rolls. The LOVE the keychains (how cool!) and immediately started coloring!! The rolls were made with their favorite colors (Sami Pink/Emy Yellow) and the packages were wrapped that way too!!! Those little details did not go unnoticed by them. :cloud9: Those crayon rolls are awesome and last night I took all the stuff and put it in our packing room (i.e. guest bedroom) to keep safe until we leave! I’m so happy to have stuff for them for the plane ride!!

aww!!!!! Yeah!!! :) Big Give Pics! :)

Your kids are so precious! :)

Your DD3 is an AWESOME photographer!

Bless your heart for having to deal with a meltdown.

I love, love that the kids all dressed up for dinner. And I am so glad you like the bracelets!

Fabulous job with the pictures! I could never get anyone at Lauren's house to really wait! :rotfl2: They were just too excited! So way to go with the pics!!!!
Thanks! I've drilled into DH's head that he HAS TO WAIT! :rotfl:

Great pictures!

Your cruise is so close!! Before you know it, you'll be on the ship! I can't wait to see pictures of your girls all dressed up for dinner :)

I'm suprised that they booked you on a flight that late. I'd be worried too!! :confused3
We picked out a couple dresses out of their closet this weekend to decide which to take. They both got dress shoes (black patent shoes) in December and are so excited to wear them. They have heels on them and they both say they want to wear their "high heel" shoes on teh boat....:lmao:

As for the flight, yea, I'm NOT crazy about the time AT ALL. I though someone told me you needed to be IN Orlando by 12 noon the day of departure but I don't remember who/where I got that tidbit. I am determined not to stress, since this is supposed to be FUN AND Disney was the one that booked our flights so it'll have to be ok, right????:scared:

Our last package arrived on Friday from Glenda C. (I think. Maybe it was Saturday? My days are running together since being on vacation! :rotfl: ). Our postal carrier likes to leave packages on our front porch, rather than put them in the lock box down the street. Emily saw the package and immediately asked if it was for her! What am I going to do once this trip is over?:lmao:

We took a look at the address label and it was addressed to the Jones Family and DH proceeded to take the box from me while I went to get my camera.

Here’s DH telling Sami if she wants the box she has to pay him ::yes:: :
dclstuff023.jpg

Here is Emy with her package:
dclstuff026.jpg

Sami tearing (I mean that!) into hers with out waiting for her sister… :teeth:
dclstuff027.jpg

dclstuff030.jpg

Opens up her crayon roll:
dclstuff032.jpg

Emy opening hers:
dclstuff034.jpg

Looking at the coloring books:
dclstuff037.jpg

dclstuff038.jpg

Sami immediately started coloring but I got her to say “thank you” before she got too involved:
dclstuff039.jpg

And Emy saying thank you:
dclstuff040.jpg

They LOVED the stuff. They received coloring books, note pads, activity books, light up keychains and crayon rolls. The LOVE the keychains (how cool!) and immediately started coloring!! The rolls were made with their favorite colors (Sami Pink/Emy Yellow) and the packages were wrapped that way too!!! Those little details did not go unnoticed by them. :cloud9: Those crayon rolls are awesome and last night I took all the stuff and put it in our packing room (i.e. guest bedroom) to keep safe until we leave! I’m so happy to have stuff for them for the plane ride!!

I'm so glad they liked their goodies - thanks for posting these wonderful pictures! Your little princesses just light up the world with their smiles. Hope your cruise is just amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter