Princess Emily's MAW Cruise TR - UPDATED with Day 1 Pics

Ok, so the girls have all their clothes packed. Now I need to pack and get all my stuff together! I hope to do that tonight. It’ll be lots of trying on and seeing what fits! LOL!

Our wish granters emailed me last week to ask me what time would be good for Emy’s “Bon Voyage” party at Babes. I told her 5PM. It’s early enough to beat the dinner crowd and still have some night left after eating dinner. She said she’d love for DMIL to come, if she could. No mention of inviting anyone else. :sad2:

So this weekend, we figured it wouldn’t be a big deal for us to invite a friend couple who has helped us out immensely during all of Emy’s surgeries, treatments etc. My girls call them Uncle & Aunt :goodvibes: I figured I better let our Wish Granters know so I emailed them today.

They said that Babe’s was graciously donating dinner for all 7 of us (Me, DH, Emy, Sami, DMIL + our 2 wish granters) and that she’d better ask if two more folks could come. I did get a go ahead that it was fine that they attend and that Babe’s is excited to host Emily’s party.

So I guess Emy not having other “little” friends there (i.e. her school friends) isn’t a big deal?:confused:

Looking into packing now made me realize we haven’t flown anywhere since coming home from Emy’s last surgery in NY in July (the other two were here at home). : Since then, baggage fees have been instituted and it’s now $15 PER 1st Bag on American, $25 for the 2nd bag! HOLY SMOKES!! :scared1: Now I have to budget at least $30 (Girls and I will have one suitcase and DH will have another) for luggage. This bugs me that the first bag ISN’T free. :sad2:

I can't believe you're not getting the first bag free- that stinks! Airfare is just crazy. I'm looking at it for my May trip and it's about $50 more right now than I paid last year on June 1st. It's like they made all these new policies and prices when gas was $$$$$$$$$ and now that gas is $ they have just kept everything in place. I wonder what will happen this spring....

Anyway, sounds like the party will be great, I am sure it will be ok that there are no other kids- they have each other, and THEY can be the center of the universe for the night!!:thumbsup2

Ellen

Ok, so the girls have all their clothes packed. Now I need to pack and get all my stuff together! I hope to do that tonight. It’ll be lots of trying on and seeing what fits! LOL!

Our wish granters emailed me last week to ask me what time would be good for Emy’s “Bon Voyage” party at Babes. I told her 5PM. It’s early enough to beat the dinner crowd and still have some night left after eating dinner. She said she’d love for DMIL to come, if she could. No mention of inviting anyone else. :sad2:

So this weekend, we figured it wouldn’t be a big deal for us to invite a friend couple who has helped us out immensely during all of Emy’s surgeries, treatments etc. My girls call them Uncle & Aunt :goodvibes: I figured I better let our Wish Granters know so I emailed them today.

They said that Babe’s was graciously donating dinner for all 7 of us (Me, DH, Emy, Sami, DMIL + our 2 wish granters) and that she’d better ask if two more folks could come. I did get a go ahead that it was fine that they attend and that Babe’s is excited to host Emily’s party.

So I guess Emy not having other “little” friends there (i.e. her school friends) isn’t a big deal?:confused:

Looking into packing now made me realize we haven’t flown anywhere since coming home from Emy’s last surgery in NY in July (the other two were here at home). : Since then, baggage fees have been instituted and it’s now $15 PER 1st Bag on American, $25 for the 2nd bag! HOLY SMOKES!! :scared1: Now I have to budget at least $30 (Girls and I will have one suitcase and DH will have another) for luggage. This bugs me that the first bag ISN’T free. :sad2:
Wow...and that's $15 each way so that's $60 more! I can't believe they do that! You are allowed one carry on per passenger for free. Are you taking advantage of that? You might be able to get away with one BIG suitcase and 4 carry ons...not sure if the hassle is worth $15 though.

I've been reading your story and am so happy to here the latest test outcome!!! PERFECT news before you Cruise!! I can't wait to hear about your cruise and how the girls enjoyed it!

Reading your story has made me think about volunteering for MAW! I have been looking for something to volunteer...and I am going to check this out.

Have a MAGICAL CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!

Next up… Another package! I love the days when I am home and a package is still left on the porch (ie kids/DH haven’t seen it yet! LOL). This was one of those days.

I was sitting down and the kids were around me so I didn’t get as good of pics as I would have liked but here is Emy opening hers:

dclstuff066.jpg

With it “on” ie in front of her
dclstuff068.jpg

DH looking at his

dclstuff067.jpg

And of course, Sami (I opened, I conquered I’m done!!)
dclstuff065.jpg

There was a shirt in there for me AND my DMIL! How super super super cool! They are awesome!! And personalized!!!! If you can’t read it, it says: “Make A Wish” with the wish being a picture of the boat. In the top left of each shirt is a mickey head (that looks like water!) with each of our names (Emy, Sami, Dad, Nana, Mom)

The girls even got little bags with their favorite characters in the favorite colors too! They are adorable!!!
dclstuff069.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

So happy to see you got the family shirts and the bags! Love to see the happy faces! Emily and Sami are so darn cute.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your family's special trip, I hope it is magical.

Tracie

I might be too late, but call the airline and see if they will waive the fees because you are a MAW family... it might not hurt to try...

Good luck and have a great time!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I might be too late, but call the airline and see if they will waive the fees because you are a MAW family... it might not hurt to try...

Good luck and have a great time!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I second this idea...They may waive them...
I can't wait to read this trip report!
Have a magical trip!

I get so annoyed with the baggage fees. I think that is one of the many reasons I typically only fly Southwest. I have taken to having to check baggage requirements to add the price of bags to tickets when comparing and that just drives me nuts.

I'm glad your pre-trip party is set. That should be lots of fun. I'm glad the girls are getting excited about their trip now too.

Our send off party might make you feel better...

They just came over to Lauren's house to give us our stuff (check, driving directions, etc). Lauren was in the middle of homework...and kept on doing it (have I mentioned that she is so concientious!)...bless her heart...she was about to miss a week of school! :)

They brought a cake and some balloons and a whole basket full of goodies - for Lauren! William got all upset and ran out of the room because he didn't get anything. We had been telling him the whole time that the trip was for "the family" because Lauren had been kind enough to let us share it. But MAW is big on it being a special trip specifically for the Wish Child (which is true, and should be true, but we were not prepared in telling William this important fact!)...

So...Lauren is doing homework. William is all red-faced and crying. Lisa and Rick are upset because nothing is going like they want it to. I am just trying to figure out what I am supposed to do? Help Lauren with homework? Help keep Lisa sane? Talk to these poor wish granters?

Then all went fine...we took pictures together (once we peeled Lauren off of her homework and dried William's tears)...and had cake (for supper!)...got all of our expense stuff (which was a big relief!)...and all was well that ended well...

But figured that might cheer ya up a little. Not all states offer the big send of parties! :) We didn't get a limo either. But we got a makeover for Lauren (which was expensive) and MNSSHP...and the whole rainbow deal (which could have completely substituted for all of it)...and we had enough MAW money to cover all of our expenses...and a little to spare since we spent the day in the room one of our days. It was cool! Just different.

You guys will have a good time! :) Maybe you could throw a party for all of her friends when you get back. And show pictures in a "slide show" format...and have cake...and ice cream. Nothing too expensive...but invite everyone over to celebrate her trip! And she can tell all of her stories, etc!! :) PARTY!!!!

Enjoy your party tonight!!!!

If you are getting an expense check, allowances may have been made for your luggage on the plane.

Not long now!! I hope you all have a really great time and that you take lots of photo's to show us of your adventures.
As Maroo said, we havent had cruise MAW trip reports before so we are all very interested in yours :) :)

The Big Give outfits and gifts are fabulous, the Big Givers go a long way towards making our Wish Kids feel truely special and loved :grouphug:

Mandy

I hope you have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. I'm very excited for your family.

Thanks everyone! The party was so wonderful and I actually had some adult conversation. I guess that's what happens when there is a large adult to kid ratio! :) Luggage fees were included in our spending money so we're set. Just need to finish up a few things (packing and what not) and we'll be ready to roll on Sunday!!! I can't believe it's almost time!!! Thanks again for reading, the support and information!! (And Holly, if you're back on the 'puter and have any tips for me, PM me!! - Can't wait to hear about your trip!!)

Thanks everyone! The party was so wonderful and I actually had some adult conversation. I guess that's what happens when there is a large adult to kid ratio! :) Luggage fees were included in our spending money so we're set. Just need to finish up a few things (packing and what not) and we'll be ready to roll on Sunday!!! I can't believe it's almost time!!! Thanks again for reading, the support and information!! (And Holly, if you're back on the 'puter and have any tips for me, PM me!! - Can't wait to hear about your trip!!)

Have a great time if I dont get on here again before you go!!
Dont worry, relax and go with the flow :)

Mandy

Hope you're having a WONDERful time! Can't wait to see pics and read your report when you get home.

It was a lovely cruise! lots of surprises and magic. We're all tired and I still have to upload over 600+ pictures! :rotfl2: Hopefully I can update later this weekend! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo!!!

Welcome home!!

It has been so quiet around here with like 4 families gone! :) So we are hungry for some TR's...

No pressure. :)

I am so glad you had some magic! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter