Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Icecoldpenguin said:
Texas is fine with his ID being in Illinois as he does not drive here and all of that. Our apartment complex is even ok with his ID not being a Texas ID which is why we have never switched them...well I wonder if Disney would make any exceptions.

Perhaps instead of listening to people who are guessing and really have no idea if they are correct on this, your husband or you would be better off calling MS and asking. After all, if you had just moved in together but hadn't changed your license yet, how would it be handled? It's a unique situation.

A better option though is to have your husband take a utility bill in his name along with another form f ID and get a state ID card. I had a Missouri State ID card and IL Drivers license in college, my boss has an IL license and AZ state ID where he owns a house. No law stating you can't have a state ID

MiaSRN62 said:
I have an issue with my recent FSU grad daughter (just turned 22 three months ago). She's moved in with her fiance and living and working in Tallahassee. We are in a dilemma---if she legally becomes a FL state resident she will be dropped off our PA family health insurance (despite the PA law of covering dependents until age 26). Her new job which she just got 2 weeks ago has no health benefits. We have been providing her with more than 50% of her financial needs---thus making her our dependent.
IF she applies for a photo ID in FL, they will require her to change her driver's license as well. We've researched and researched. It's a tough situation. We are still paying a good portion of her bills as she hasn't even gotten her first pay check yet. So I wish it was just as easy as going to get a FL photo ID and that's it.

You may want to check with your insurance company on this. Dependent coverage is part of the Affordable Care Act, regardless of the living status of the dependent, or even marital status until 26. There is a small exception depending on the date of your plan that let's companies make exceptions if she has access to health care through her employer... This goes away in 2014. Many insurance companies have not enforced this but YMMV.

NY Times article sums it up well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/11/health/policy/11health.html?_r=0

Worth exploring.

You may want to check with your insurance company on this. Dependent coverage is part of the Affordable Care Act, regardless of the living status of the dependent, or even marital status until 26. There is a small exception depending on the date of your plan that let's companies make exceptions if she has access to health care through her employer... This goes away in 2014. Many insurance companies have not enforced this but YMMV.

Worth exploring.

Thank you very much for this info !!!!

Worth exploring.

Excellent information.....I was going to say my son who is 24 lives in Florida and is covered under my hubby's insurance since he has not been able to,find a full time job with insurance down there

Hmm - I did not think about this issue. We moved about a year ago, and while my husband has had to renew his driver's license since then, mine is not up for renewal until 2014. Therefore, our licenses have 2 different home addresses. In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up. I was hoping to get annual passes for us both. We are both listed on the DVC membership and have member cards. I wonder if that will make a difference or if I can bring a mortgage statement or utility bill that shows I live at that address too. That will be a huge bummer if we can't both get the discounted APs because of that issue.

Laurie

Hmm - I did not think about this issue. We moved about a year ago, and while my husband has had to renew his driver's license since then, mine is not up for renewal until 2014. Therefore, our licenses have 2 different home addresses. In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up. I was hoping to get annual passes for us both. We are both listed on the DVC membership and have member cards. I wonder if that will make a difference or if I can bring a mortgage statement or utility bill that shows I live at that address too. That will be a huge bummer if we can't both get the discounted APs because of that issue.

Laurie

If you both have member cards in your own name, I don't think your address should be an issue. You both are entitled to member benefits as you both are owners. Just bring both member id cards.

In Ohio, you cannot get an updated license because of a change of address. You have to wait until your renewal date comes up.

That is not correct. An Ohio driver's license can be renewed at any time:

A driver's license will normally expire on the fifth birthday after issuance. There is an exception for drivers between the ages of 16 and less than 21. A driver license can be renewed anytime prior to its expiration date.

However, if an Ohio license is renewed more than 90 days prior to its normal expiration date, the license will expire on the customer's fourth birthday (three years plus the customer's upcoming birthday) from the date of issuance.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl_renewal_dl.stm

Laurie
As I posted above, if you are a full member, it won't matter that you and your DH have different addresses. It is only an issue when one spouse is a full member and the other is an associate. Make sure you have your DVC member card with you when you go to pick up the PAP along with a photo ID.

An associate does not get a membership card and is not entitled to member perks on his/her own. An associate can get the discounted PAP only if he/she can provide proof that he/she lives at the same address as the member and is present with the member when picking up the PAP. The member must show a membership card along with a photo ID with a matching address.

If you both have member cards in your own name, I don't think your address should be an issue. You both are entitled to member benefits as you both are owners. Just bring both member id cards.

Thanks! Good to know!

That is not correct. An Ohio driver's license can be renewed at any time:

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl_renewal_dl.stm

Interesting. I tried to renew mine shortly after we moved and was told I could not renew for that purpose and had to wait.

Laurie

So, would it be possible to get in 2 years worth of passes with this special? Is there some kind of rule against doing that.

So, would it be possible to get in 2 years worth of passes with this special? Is there some kind of rule against doing that.

You could purchase a PAP from Oct-Dec 2012, and also purchase vouchers during the same time and activate them before 12/31/13 - when the first ones expire.

You could purchase a PAP from Oct-Dec 2012, and also purchase vouchers during the same time and activate them before 12/31/13 - when the first ones expire.

If allowed, that's what we want to do. Our passes expire in December.

If allowed, that's what we want to do. Our passes expire in December.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't believe you can hold two APs at the same time. In other words, you'd have to purchase the first of your promotonal DVC PAPs in December when your current APs expire. You can also, at that time, buy vouchers under the promotion and activate them next December once your DVC PAPs expire.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but I don't believe you can hold two APs at the same time. In other words, you'd have to purchase the first of your promotonal DVC PAPs in December when your current APs expire. You can also, at that time, buy vouchers under the promotion and activate them next December once your DVC PAPs expire.

Correct, you cannot hold two active WDW APs concurrently, but I don't think that's what bobbi intends to do.

Members are certainly eligible to purchase two sets of vouchers at the $399 price (or buy one pass in-person and a voucher for 2013 use.) The only caveat to doing this is that the first pass would have to be activated / purchased between October - December 2012 and the second pass activated sometime after the expiration of that first pass in Oct - Dec '13.

When I was at work this week, I found that my terminal had both the promotional PAP as well as the regular AP and the regular PAP.

I did notice that for all the DVC APs I did not have the capability of selling vouchers; I do have this capability for all other passes.

And I was told by my supervisor that I would not be allowed to upgrade to a $399 promotional PAP if the person had any ticket or voucher with a (pre-tax) value more than $399.

When I was at work this week, I found that my terminal had both the promotional PAP as well as the regular AP and the regular PAP.

I did notice that for all the DVC APs I did not have the capability of selling vouchers; I do have this capability for all other passes.

And I was told by my supervisor that I would not be allowed to upgrade to a $399 promotional PAP if the person had any ticket or voucher with a (pre-tax) value more than $399.

They need to get everyone on the same page, as some have been allowed to do this.

Adding to the discussion here - we arrived and were able to do the swap. We had vouchers purchased a day before the recent price increase a few months ago and had planned to let those vouchers sit until later and take advantage of the PAP deal.

We arrived at the DHS GS booth and asked if they knew about the DVC PAP deal. The CM behind the window said yes and started the process of purchasing. I asked him to verify that our existing voucher existed in their system and to confirm that we could let that voucher sit unactivated until after the PAP expired. The gal at the other window leaned over and suggested that we just convert the voucher to the DVC deal and they could give us a refund for the difference.

5 minutes later we walked away with 2 new PAPs and a $~58 credit on our CC.

We plan on getting Waterpark/Disney Quest APs in May of 2013. We want to buy the special premium vouchers now and activate December 2013. Our waterpark passes would have about 5 months left when we activate the premium passes.
Would we have a problem activating with the WP still good? Would they make any allowance such as extending the WP ones since they are also included in the premium ones?

Belle & Ariel said:
We plan on getting Waterpark/Disney Quest APs in May of 2013. We want to buy the special premium vouchers now and activate December 2013. Our waterpark passes would have about 5 months left when we activate the premium passes.
Would we have a problem activating with the WP still good? Would they make any allowance such as extending the WP ones since they are also included in the premium ones?

I don't think one will affect the other at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter