Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Assuming the usual limit applies, you can purchase up to 8 discounted passes per household per 12-month period. If you have already purchased or renewed any APs or PAPs within the past 12 months that would count against your limit, unless they are suspending the limit for this special offer. The current announcement on the member website doesn't say anything one way or the other about this but it implies more information will be posted on October 1st.

sorry but until Disney actually says 8 tickets with this new perk I'm sticking to my all you want:lmao:limit

sorry but until Disney actually says 8 tickets with this new perk I'm sticking to my all you want:lmao:limit

And please let us know how it goes, LOL.

Perhaps there will be more info on this available on October 1. I am making a note to check the members' website and my email since Ms Bilby's announcement leads me to believe more will come - although probably nothing as good as this new pass!

One last final question all before I do this thing please.

I am about to purchase 4 day hoppers from Undercover Tourist. My plan is to use them for Sept 26, 27 and 28. Then when I get off the Fantasy on Oct 6, I plan to go an upgrade them to the DVC Premium AP. Is it ok that I am not buying the Hoppers directly from WDW (vs a discount wholesaler like UT ?).

The total tax price per ticket is $311.95. So this price fall under the DVC PAP price so I should be good for the upgrade on Oct 6 ?

I'm just nervous. Haven't bought a hopper in years and I've never upgraded in my life. The last 8 years or more we've been strictly AP holders. THANKS SO MUCH for help ! My fingers is ready to click "submit" and get these tickets.

I am about to purchase 4 day hoppers from Undercover Tourist. My plan is to use them for Sept 26, 27 and 28. Then when I get off the Fantasy on Oct 6, I plan to go an upgrade them to the DVC Premium AP. Is it ok that I am not buying the Hoppers directly from WDW (vs a discount wholesaler like UT ?).

The total tax price per ticket is $311.95. So this price fall under the DVC PAP price so I should be good for the upgrade on Oct 6 ?

I'm just nervous. Haven't bought a hopper in years and I've never upgraded in my life. The last 8 years or more we've been strictly AP holders. THANKS SO MUCH for help ! My fingers is ready to click "submit" and get these tickets.

Your plan will work just fine.

...I am about to purchase 4 day hoppers from Undercover Tourist. My plan is to use them for Sept 26, 27 and 28. Then when I get off the Fantasy on Oct 6, I plan to go an upgrade them to the DVC Premium AP. Is it ok that I am not buying the Hoppers directly from WDW (vs a discount wholesaler like UT ?).

The total tax price per ticket is $311.95. So this price fall under the DVC PAP price so I should be good for the upgrade on Oct 6 ? ...

Hi, new to this thread and had a quick question.

Will the new AP be dated to first use of the MYM hopper or to date of exchange? In this case 9/26 or 10/06?

And the price to upgrade will be the difference between $399 and the MYM price, Again, this case about $90-100,

Thanks in advance, Steve

Will the new AP be dated to first use of the MYM hopper or to date of exchange? In this case 9/26 or 10/06?

And the price to upgrade will be the difference between $399 and the MYM price, Again, this case about $90-100,

Thanks in advance, Steve

If you are upgrading from a hopper that has been used, the AP will start the same day the hopper was first used not the first day the AP is used.

Yes, the gate value of the Hopper will be used as the basis for the credit.

Thanks in advance, Steve

Yes Steve....what Doc said (thanks too !). And my calculations for the upgrade are about what you came up with. I'm fine with the date of the AP being 9/26. We intended to purchase DVC regular AP's anyway on that day. Just makes sense to get the extra perks for the Premium at that sale price. :)

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Cheshire Figment said:
I have read the internal notice for ticketing people and have checked with WDW Ticketing Administration.

The notice specifically states that:

"Note: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value."

So that if you have a current AP, or a voucher/certificate/will-call for an AP, you cannot do this upgrade.

However, you c an purchase a voucher before December 31, 2012 and use it after your current AP expires in 2013.

I complained about this to MS. They responded and I asked them to escalate. Got a call from The executive offices of DVC today (have no idea where this person is in the food chain) which surprised me... Wasn't expecting a call... Much credit to them.

Anyway, they said the same thing as Cheshire Figment... They place the blame on WDW division (she claimed they have appealed to them about this with no luck) and that any ticket costing more couldn't be traded in. She made it sound like it was the computer system to blame (which means that either she didn't know for sure, it is a poor
Y designed system, or they were just trying to placate) I thanked her for the call, told her I understand it isn't her fault but that I still found it very unfriendly especially since I didnt care about the difference and just wanted the extra perks.

She promised to pass the feedback on, but obviously I'm not expecting much to change on this.

So I'm resigned and have to figure out what I want to do. It's an older voucher from 2010 (wife and I were off cycle because I had been by myself to see a friend earlier in the year. We had bought her one for our December trip, only to find out she was pregnant 2 days before we left, meaning we wouldn't be back within that year) so I might just get the PAPs and save that. I need one regardless so ill get one for me.

CarolMN said:
That's how I read it. I'd certainly give it a try!

I know we are allowed to renew/upgrade a regular AP to a PAP, so I don't see why your plan wouldn't work for the new pass.

I guess at this point we need to wait until Oct 1 and someone to try. I'd like to know as well.

paults said:

I could be wrong, but I think the page on the DVC website actually does specify 8.

Ok here is my question my husband and I just got married in July of 2012 but our photo ID's do not have the same residency address. He is the official member and I am an associate member on our DVC account because we were adding me officially once we got married. Anyway my ID has the address of my permanent home address and his ID is from Chicago because he still lives there due to business travel. However we have an apartment in Texas where we live and we both get bills to that address and can produce a marriage license and apartment lease that show we live there. How will Disney handle this when we want to get our new APs in December?

Teresa

Ok here is my question my husband and I just got married in July of 2012 but our photo ID's do not have the same residency address. He is the official member and I am an associate member on our DVC account because we were adding me officially once we got married. Anyway my ID has the address of my permanent home address and his ID is from Chicago because he still lives there due to business travel. However we have an apartment in Texas where we live and we both get bills to that address and can produce a marriage license and apartment lease that show we live there. How will Disney handle this when we want to get our new APs in December?

Teresa

Taken from the DVC Member Website: Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

All this aside, states have various requirements on how much time an individual has to update their driver's license, motor vehicle registration, etc. when moving. So it sounds like your DH needs to get his in order with Texas anyway. Then once that is updated, you should be fine to both get your DVC discounted passes.

If you leave it like it is, with DH legally residing in Chicago then you will not be eligible to purchase the discounted pass for yourself.

Texas is fine with his ID being in Illinois as he does not drive here and all of that. Our apartment complex is even ok with his ID not being a Texas ID which is why we have never switched them...well I wonder if Disney would make any exceptions.

Texas is fine with his ID being in Illinois as he does not drive here and all of that. Our apartment complex is even ok with his ID not being a Texas ID which is why we have never switched them...well I wonder if Disney would make any exceptions.

I think it is more a matter of your legal residency - if you actually do not legally live together, then his being IL and your being TX is fine, I guess. But if he legally lives in TX then he needs TX drivers license, etc. Plus he would save on state income tax versus filing in IL.

Anyway, DVC is very particular. We have gone thru this with our family when purchasing the AP's. The address have to match on the drivers licenses, no exceptions. Good luck with everything...

Icecoldpenguin said:

That may be true but it's not relevant here. Disney doesn't care what the states say. Their rules are state ID to prove you live in the same house as the member. If they made exceptions, then there would be people buying passes for their children or other relatives who live in some other state using the same logic.

Others have already suggested that your DH get a Texas photo ID and that is the fastest way to solve your problem. The other option is to add you as a full member on his contract. If you are a full member, it won't matter that you and your DH have different addresses. There are posts here in the DVC forums that outline the process. It will cost a lot more than getting a new driver's license and take longer but it is another option. If you decide to go this route, get started ASAP because it can take several weeks. Your member ID card may not arrive in time for your trip but once your paperwork is processed and you are a full DVC member, you can pick up a temporary ID card at the sales office at SSR.

Others have already suggested that your DH get a Texas photo ID and that is the fastest way to solve your problem.

I have an issue with my recent FSU grad daughter (just turned 22 three months ago). She's moved in with her fiance and living and working in Tallahassee. We are in a dilemma---if she legally becomes a FL state resident she will be dropped off our PA family health insurance (despite the PA law of covering dependents until age 26). Her new job which she just got 2 weeks ago has no health benefits. We have been providing her with more than 50% of her financial needs---thus making her our dependent.
IF she applies for a photo ID in FL, they will require her to change her driver's license as well. We've researched and researched. It's a tough situation. We are still paying a good portion of her bills as she hasn't even gotten her first pay check yet. So I wish it was just as easy as going to get a FL photo ID and that's it.

MiaSRN62 said:
I have an issue with my recent FSU grad daughter (just turned 22 three months ago). She's moved in with her fiance and living and working in Tallahassee. We are in a dilemma---if she legally becomes a FL state resident she will be dropped off our PA family health insurance (despite the PA law of covering dependents until age 26). Her new job which she just got 2 weeks ago has no health benefits. We have been providing her with more than 50% of her financial needs---thus making her our dependent.
IF she applies for a photo ID in FL, they will require her to change her driver's license as well. We've researched and researched. It's a tough situation. We are still paying a good portion of her bills as she hasn't even gotten her first pay check yet. So I wish it was just as easy as going to get a FL photo ID and that's it.

But in this case bypassing the DVC discount is an easy choice to me since you would be missing out on a lot less than any of your other (non)options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter