Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Do you have to be at WDW to activate a voucher? Just wondering if I buyit now with plan to activate in 2013 and for some reason cannot make it that year, will I have that option?

You have to activate it at WDW.

Ordinarily vouchers don't expire. But with this DVC PAP promotion, they must be activated by 12/31/13.

My personal opinion on this is that if you attempt to use the voucher on/after January 1, 2014 it will still have the value of $399 and that amount can be applied toward the purchase of a new ticket. (Please do not quote me on this as it is opinion only.)

I sent an email to MS regarding this because there is a chance that we might be able to go 1 more time next year and they said no.

Here's what they wrote me:
We appreciate your interest in a Member-discounted Premium Annual Pass
and would be happy to assist you. In order to receive this special
discount, Members must purchase their Premium Annual Pass between
October 1 and December 31, 2012 and redeem it for the first use by
December 31, 2013. If you do not redeem your pass by December 31, 2013,
it will no longer be valid

So seems like we'd lose the whole thing if not activated by the expiry date. Which is silly to me but that's what they told me.

I sent an email to MS regarding this because there is a chance that we might be able to go 1 more time next year and they said no.

Here's what they wrote me:
We appreciate your interest in a Member-discounted Premium Annual Pass
and would be happy to assist you. In order to receive this special
discount, Members must purchase their Premium Annual Pass between
October 1 and December 31, 2012 and redeem it for the first use by
December 31, 2013. If you do not redeem your pass by December 31, 2013,
it will no longer be valid

So seems like we'd lose the whole thing if not activated by the expiry date. Which is silly to me but that's what they told me.
Although the voucher cannot be exchanged for a PAP after 12/31/2013 MS's response doesn't explicitly state that Disney would keep the money and give the guest nothing in return. I would hope that they would do what Cheshire Figment suggests and allow the guest to apply the funds towards the purchase of some sort of ticket at current prices.

Thanks for the corrections all ! Spoke to 3 different CM's at MS. Get slightly different info from each.
But actually better to purchase from someone like UT over WDW ?! Thanks for that info :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access "The Hub" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into The Hub for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

Although the voucher cannot be exchanged for a PAP after 12/31/2013 MS's response doesn't explicitly state that Disney would keep the money and give the guest nothing in return. I would hope that they would do what Cheshire Figment suggests and allow the guest to apply the funds towards the purchase of some sort of ticket at current prices.

I understand what you're saying but I guess I should've posted my question first to clarify.

One question regarding the expiry date. If we are to purchase these DVC
PAPs with the discount and not able to activate them by the date, would the
vouchers lost all their value or would we still be able to apply them
to another ticket (MYW or AP or another PAP)?

I agree with CF that the MS person might not be correct and that the park GS window might be able/allowed to do apply it to another ticket, but I don't think I'm taking a $1200 chance on that... ;)

I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

Oh I completely agree Chesire. I don't feel they lie either....just uneducated on certain details.
The CM at MS today, actually put me on hold stating she wanted "to ask someone about this before giving me an answer". She really did try and explain it to me. I think they're probably getting flooded with questions about this sale/perk right now.

I have a confession to make.

We weren't going to go this year, but this promotion tipped me over the edge.

Just booked tix to join our family in Disneyworld in Nov/Dec :lmao: I'm going to haul over a 6 month old and 3 year old all by myself. DH has to stay due to schedule conflicts. The 3 year old just got potty trained and refuses to go in public bathrooms.

We'll see how that flight goes. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I have a confession to make.

We weren't going to go this year, but this promotion tipped me over the edge.

Just booked tix to join our family in Disneyworld in Nov/Dec :lmao: I'm going to haul over a 6 month old and 3 year old all by myself. DH has to stay due to schedule conflicts.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Mickey is always smiling. :)

I understand what you're saying but I guess I should've posted my question first to clarify.

One question regarding the expiry date. If we are to purchase these DVC
PAPs with the discount and not able to activate them by the date, would the
vouchers lost all their value or would we still be able to apply them
to another ticket (MYW or AP or another PAP)?

I agree with CF that the MS person might not be correct and that the park GS window might be able/allowed to do apply it to another ticket, but I don't think I'm taking a $1200 chance on that... ;)
I agree. While it seems logical that they might deny the guest the discounted PAP but allow them to apply the funds to a current-price ticket, I don't want to be the one to test that theory either!

I have read the internal notice for ticketing people and have checked with WDW Ticketing Administration.

The notice specifically states that:

"Note: Upgraded ticket price must be an equal or greater value."

So that if you have a current AP, or a voucher/certificate/will-call for an AP, you cannot do this upgrade.

However, you c an purchase a voucher before December 31, 2012 and use it after your current AP expires in 2013.

So, as I read this I have a voucher for a DVC annual pass RENEWAL, this cost $374 (plus tax). This is less than the PAP. I should be able to upgrade this one?? right??

Thanks!

So, as I read this I have a voucher for a DVC annual pass RENEWAL, this cost $374 (plus tax). This is less than the PAP. I should be able to upgrade this one?? right??

Thanks!
That's how I read it. I'd certainly give it a try!

I know we are allowed to renew/upgrade a regular AP to a PAP, so I don't see why your plan wouldn't work for the new pass.

Thanks!

Watching this too because my DH just renewed his DVC AP last month and the cost was $385, so am wondering if he will be allowed to upgrade to the new PAP for the difference. I hate to be one of the first ones to try to do this. We arrive on Oct. 12th.

I believe as many as you want. Just have to use before 12/31/13 and can only get them for family members living in the same household with address.

Does anyone know how many tickets can be purchased at the discounted price?
Assuming the usual limit applies, you can purchase up to 8 discounted passes per household per 12-month period. If you have already purchased or renewed any APs or PAPs within the past 12 months that would count against your limit, unless they are suspending the limit for this special offer. The current announcement on the member website doesn't say anything one way or the other about this but it implies more information will be posted on October 1st.

The official internal information for ticketing states:

"Guests may purchase tickets for themselves and their immediate family members. All adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household."

You have to consider that you can purchase a live pass or a voucher (exchange certificate) between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012. There is nothing to preclude buying both, and then using the voucher prior to December 31, 2013.

However, when you get the live pass, whether from direct purchase or activation of a voucher, see the rules above.

So if you do not have a current AP, and you go between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 you can buy both. But everyone 18 and older needs proof od residence equal to the Member's address.

ok sorry in advance if this has been asked. I just recently came back from our trip this past Aug. I originally bought UT 10 day MYW passes for 4 of us. We used them on Aug. 22 to enter MK & then went to guest services & upgraded to DVC AP's. I think the difference was like a hundred and something.

My question is this? We got reg. Ap's for $425+ tax, so being that that is more than the $399 there;s no way of me being allowed to exchange mine for those for the remainder of my year.....I don't want or expect money back but being that I paid more, Why shouldn't I get the perks as well?

Also I am coming back down next April and looking to do a day or 2 at water park... If i purchase two sets of vouchers for us 4, I would have to activate them both by next Dec...Hows that work???

Your current APs will expire in August next year (check the expiration date on the pass).

If you purchase a set of vouchers, they will have to be activated no later than December 31, 2013. They will expire one year from the date of activation (at any ticket window). If you do this in April, you will have an overlap of four to five months where you have two separate APs, which does not make economic sense.

Note that as either a DVC Member or an AP holder you can purchase one-day water park tickets for a $4.00 discount ($3.00 for children) from the Gate price. Or you can get a separate water park annual pass for $99.95 (adult) or $80.50 (child) plus tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter