Pre-pay photo package

Where exactly do you go to pre-purchase photos?

Since cast members will also take your pictures with my personal camera I like to compare my photographs with those taken by the shutters staff. I typically only purchase a few photos taken by shutters, however if I was in a larger group I can see the value in pre-purchasing your photos ahead of time.

I saw somewhere that there is a 50% off discount for a 2nd CD for extended family traveling with you. Is that still the case? And can you get this discount on a prepaid CD?

I saw somewhere that there is a 50% off discount for a 2nd CD for extended family traveling with you. Is that still the case? And can you get this discount on a prepaid CD?
The first room can get a discount by pre-purchasing the CD before the cruise. The second CD gets the 50% off when purchased onboard (as long as there is already a CD purchased, whether before the cruise or at the same time)

Where exactly do you go to pre-purchase photos?
http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?...dium=Disney&utm_campaign=GiftsPort+Canaveral+

Ok in everyone's honest opinion is it worth doing the packages, like buying all the prints or doing the photo book etc...

I would like to preorder, but am confused. What I want is the CD, plus all of the prints that have been done. What is the product name for this? We'll be on a 4 night cruise on the Dream. What would the price be for the package I'm talking about? (CD + all prints)

Thanks for your help.

From what I read when researching the CD, i believe that if you purchase the CD with all prints, you also get the rights to print all the images on the cd. So you can print them via shutter fly or target or wherever you normally have photos printed.

PrincessShmoo might be able to tell you if they offer all of the prints once on board as an option, but I thought you could only pre-pay for the whole CD??

I would like to preorder, but am confused. What I want is the CD, plus all of the prints that have been done. What is the product name for this? We'll be on a 4 night cruise on the Dream. What would the price be for the package I'm talking about? (CD + all prints)

Thanks for your help.
Go to mycruisephotos.com and enter you cruise info. We are doing a 4 night on the Dream and the price for CD and prints is $269.95

If you are considering this, you should do prepay for the CD with all the photos, since there is a discount vs on board. You can add the prints on board for $100, which is the same as prepay. Note that pre paying is fully refundable. I was told that if you decide to down grade to say a 10 or 20 prints, they will refund you the difference.

The 10, 20, or all prints on CD, gives you a CD with ALL the pictures. You will then be able to unlock the full resolution depending on the package you select. With any package, you will get a release allowing you to print the pictures yourself.

Note that all the prints come with borders, which makes them printing them at different sizes hard, as you will need to crop. The 6x8 size (most pictures with characters) are a pain, as you have to crop them, if you want to make them 5x7 or 4x6. I suggest you expand the canvas size to a corresponding factor and then print to the size wanted. Remember the cost of 8x10s are high, even when you print at WalMart.

Finally, if you are only considering the 10 or 20 packages, here's a trick. On board, take note of the small printed number on the actual prints. This is will be part of the filename and might help you if you cannot recognize one print from another. The problem is that prior to unlocking, the small resolution is indeed very small and hard to notice differences.

Just be aware that I'm not sure that copies of the actual photos are stored on the CD that you purchase. I'm pretty sure that the pictures were downloaded to my PC when installed the app from the CD we bought. And I think there was a warning to load the CD within a certain amount of time (2 or 3 weeks I think).

We did the cd with all the prints for our first cruise. I'm glad that we did it as every time we saw a photographer we stopped and in some cases started the line because they were just in the process of setting up. We ended up with 111 photos with just two of us, which breaks down to an amazing deal as that's roughly $2k USD in prints (if you pay rack rate). For our cruise next month I ordered just the CD in order to save a little bit of money since this was a last minute vacation. But if we end up liking the prints I may add the all prints option on board, or I may just wait until I go to Target and print them out there.

IMHO, prepaying for the photo cd is a great deal. I can't say we will always do it, but since we're in our infancy of cruising it's worth it for us right now.

One thing to be aware of is that if you do just get the 5, 10, 15, etc. CD option, upgrading after that is REALLY expensive. We just got the 10 picture CD and then we got home, popped the CD in and there were a TON of photos that we never saw in our Shutters book and we really wanted some of them. It was a bummer. I went to go upgrade and get the rest of the CD, but it was absurd. Way way way WAY more than I wanted to pay. Next time I think I'm just going to pre-pay for the whole package.

Quick question... Are all the prints in the packages 8x10 ???

No, they are not. The they will seemingly come out in whatever size they feel like printing. In our experience, on longer sailings, they tend to start out more of the 8x10 size and get more and more of the 5x7 size the further you get into the cruise. We haven't seen any pattern to their choice of default print size, however, if their default size is not to your liking, just order up the size that you prefer.

You scan your KTTW card just so the computer knows what folder to put your photos in at Shutters. You go to a photo location, hand your KTTW card to the CM assisting so they can swipe it, then have your photo taken.

This was not completely true on the Wonder in May 2015. They did indeed scan our card each time, but a good 30-50 pictures went "missing" and when I inquired about specific shots that I knew they got, like DD hugging Mickey, they said the software sorts based on facial recognition and not based on what KTTW card was swiped. This held true because when our DD was in pictures with another family we met on board and their KTTW card was the one swiped, the pictures were in our portfolio as well. Also, pictures of our family at deck parties or participating in on board events ended up in our portfolio without swiping our KTTW card. All of the pictures from the side and back were "lost" images that we had to go and manually add to our portfolio via the screens outside of Shutters. I ended up seeing a lot of other families' pictures in the lost pictures files and told them to go claim their pictures. They assumed that since their KTTW card was swiped, all their pictures were in the folder and the ones that did not make it must have not turned out. One of our best pictures is of Cinderella twirling DD in her princess dress...and it was a "lost" photo because you could not see her face. Another was of her kissing Rapunzel on the cheek. Same thing...it was lost because of the missing face, even though all the other pictures from that session made it in to our portfolio (KTTW card was swiped).

Quick question... Are all the prints in the packages 8x10 ???

No, most of the character pictures are a 6x8 print. After doing a lot of research on printing this size, I found that it was about $1 per print...so between the cost of the 8x10s and the 6x8s (someone else said 5x7, and they definitely are NOT)...we chose to buy the print package. We ended up with around 400 pictures and our package was $430 (for 14 nights) so about .50 per print and .50 per digital file. :)

May be a silly question but are the prints done like school pictures, 8x10 print but it has a 5x7 print and about 4 wallets all on the same print? My in-laws just got back from a Norwegian Alaskan cruise and that's how some of their prints were. 1st time cruiser here,so not sure what to expect. Thanks

May be a silly question but are the prints done like school pictures, 8x10 print but it has a 5x7 print and about 4 wallets all on the same print? My in-laws just got back from a Norwegian Alaskan cruise and that's how some of their prints were. 1st time cruiser here,so not sure what to expect. Thanks
No, an 8X10 is one 8X10 size print and a 6X8 is one 6X8 size print. Of course, if you purchase the digital package, you can print them whatever size you wish, once you're home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter