PPB's Super-Forever TR! DisDivas Trip TR Coming SOON!

The last time I was in innoventions they didn't have those different rooms! How neat is that? I really want to check that out on one of my trips this year. I hope my family will want to go check it out!

Day 1 looked GREAT! Innoventions was pretty cool. I usually bypass Innoventions, but I think I will have to take a look next time.

Looking forward to more!popcorn::

Courtney!!

You are so awesome to get your TR started so soon after being back from the trip. You ROCK!!! The inside of the hotel looks very snazzy ;) How much did you guys pay for it?

Loving the TR so far btw !!

Woo!! I rock! :rockband:

We paid $60/night. That's with the taxes, so it was like $50something. We booked it through hotels.com. I like using them, they usually have the cheapest rates. We want to stay there again when we go back in August. But checking online, the cheapest is like $80/night. So we'll see!

Cool looking hotel! What a nice relaxing first day you had.

Didn't the Roundup BBQ guy have tight pants? :laughing:

The hotel was very cool! We really enjoyed it!

:laughing: He had a very tight pants. He was walking kind of weird too. :rolleyes:

Love it. You know I have been anxiously awaiting your review of Hotel Menage. I have been kind of looking at it for our December trip. It looks nice enough and frankly price wise I think it may be the way to go.

And yes we watched Jonas last night. It was a cute show. Somehow I actually can picture Nick being sensitive like that and Kevin and Joe being so protective.

Happy Birthday again! :wizard: It was really nice and we would stay there again. Do it! :thumbsup2

I can picture that too. I thought it was a funny show. Those boys are funny. :lovestruc

Oh goody! We still have 3 more days of TR and photos to go.:yay: I love your Trip Reports, and I am eager to hear the rundown of the Minnie and Friends meal (which I suspect was awesome!).....and whether or not you ended up getting the cake you were looking at....and what you got with your Fun Card.

You know, I was also eager to read about the Menage because just the other day on the DIS - and of course, I can't recall which thread it was - a couple of different people were saying it was a "weird" and "creepy" hotel and that they would never stay there again. I wasn't sure what that meant. Creepy? Weird how? I mean, does that mean that shifty people are hanging around, or spooky noises are happening in the middle of the night, or ghostly apparitions can be seen in the mirror? What is creepy about it? Anyway, it got me thinking, "Gee, I hope Courtney and Jesus aren't staying in a weird hotel with seedy people." But from your report, it sounds/looks like it was great. That bed looks huge and the room has a more modern look to it than some.

It was great! I didn't find anything creepy about it! There were no ghosts or anything! The staff was very nice, not creepy at all. I have no idea what they meant by creepy or weird. We really really liked that hotel. We didn't even see any seedy people! Well we did see a couple arguing one night. But that was in the parking lot, we were trying to park and I was watching the girlfriend/wife/whatever yell at the guy some not so Disney things and throw things on the floor. It was entertaining. :laughing: But that was the only "weird' thing we encountered at the hotel!!

The bed was enormous! I liked it!

Oh, I did get my cake, I blew my fun card and Minnie and Friends was wonderful!!!!

Loving it so far...... you always have such neat pictures!!!! You know, I've never stepped foot into the Innoventions Bldg...... I guess I really should do that one of these times.......
The motel looks nice (way nicer than the one we stayed at last time....cack!) With your view you should have been able to see the fireworks (if they were going...)
Can't wait to see more!!!

Thank you, Laurie!!!!! We never went into Innoventions either. Well, we've been to the upstairs part, where all the video games are, but that's it. We were really surprised how cool everything was.

The last time I was in innoventions they didn't have those different rooms! How neat is that? I really want to check that out on one of my trips this year. I hope my family will want to go check it out!

Yeah! You should! It's really neat!!!

Day 1 looked GREAT! Innoventions was pretty cool. I usually bypass Innoventions, but I think I will have to take a look next time.

Looking forward to more!popcorn::

Woo! Innoventions was a surprise. I don't think anyone goes in that building. It was really cool! :thumbsup2

Okay, it just dawned on me that I think I must have combined two threads about hotels in my mind and then formed a Menage idea in my head!!:lmao: I will explain. I think I had read an old thread on DIS, or maybe some other online place, about the Menage quite a while back, and then I read the Good Neighbor thread on DIS from just the other day. The most recent thread has one DIS-er stating that the Menage "looks creepy" (which is different than saying it IS creepy) and another DIS-er saying that it is, I believe, a "bizarre" hotel. I think I got the "weird" description from whatever other place I saw the Menage mentioned a while back and it lodged in my brain! Ah the joys of getting.....ahem....older. The memory starts to play tricks on you! Anyway, here is that thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164045.

So I just wanted to clarify that. The Menage was associated with being "creepy"-looking and "bizarre" in some way or another, but the "weird" thing I don't think was a recent comment. I think that came from a while back. In any case, it is good to know that the Menage is neither creepy nor bizarre nor weird and that you guys were able to stay there for such a great rate and enjoy it. I would have been entertained watching the arguing couple as well! I know that is evil, but unless I see people abusing or hurting each other in some way (which is another matter), I enjoy watching a good shouting match! I also enjoy watching couples who are really happy and into each other too, so I like the full spectrum!

You're starting your report already and I haven't even finished mine. Yikes! I can't wait to read more of yours.

Okay, it just dawned on me that I think I must have combined two threads about hotels in my mind and then formed a Menage idea in my head!!:lmao: I will explain. I think I had read an old thread on DIS, or maybe some other online place, about the Menage quite a while back, and then I read the Good Neighbor thread on DIS from just the other day. The most recent thread has one DIS-er stating that the Menage "looks creepy" (which is different than saying it IS creepy) and another DIS-er saying that it is, I believe, a "bizarre" hotel. I think I got the "weird" description from whatever other place I saw the Menage mentioned a while back and it lodged in my brain! Ah the joys of getting.....ahem....older. The memory starts to play tricks on you! Anyway, here is that thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2164045.

So I just wanted to clarify that. The Menage was associated with being "creepy"-looking and "bizarre" in some way or another, but the "weird" thing I don't think was a recent comment. I think that came from a while back. In any case, it is good to know that the Menage is neither creepy nor bizarre nor weird and that you guys were able to stay there for such a great rate and enjoy it. I would have been entertained watching the arguing couple as well! I know that is evil, but unless I see people abusing or hurting each other in some way (which is another matter), I enjoy watching a good shouting match! I also enjoy watching couples who are really happy and into each other too, so I like the full spectrum!

:rotfl: :confused3 I think because it used to be some other run down hotel and the Menage people gave it makeover? There's really no other hotel down Harbor or in that entire area that is like it. In the front it has a fancy water fountain thingy with different color lights, very Las Vegas.

But it wasn't creepy or weird or bizarre! It was nice!!!! A+ from me! :thumbsup2

You're starting your report already and I haven't even finished mine. Yikes! I can't wait to read more of yours.

I used to really lag on finishing my TRs, I don't want to fall into that evil trap again, so I'm on the ball!! :banana:

Ohh, Innoventions looks cool! I've never been in there, and the kids were asking about it, perhaps we will give it a try!

Ohh, Innoventions looks cool! I've never been in there, and the kids were asking about it, perhaps we will give it a try!

You should!! And when you go into the Peter Pan bedroom, if you have time wait around for the CM to do the story time! It's really really super neat and I'm sure your kids would love it! :goodvibes

WOO! I am loving your TR Courtney!
Jasmine &I were talking about that hotel a while ago.
It looks SO pretty!! I love the modern touch :)
That's so different to see when you're at DL :goodvibes

I haven't been in Innoventions in a while.. Hopefully we have enough time when we go in July!

WOO! I am loving your TR Courtney!
Jasmine &I were talking about that hotel a while ago.
It looks SO pretty!! I love the modern touch :)
That's so different to see when you're at DL :goodvibes

I haven't been in Innoventions in a while.. Hopefully we have enough time when we go in July!

Kaycee! Where have you been all my life! :confused3 :rotfl: ;)

The hotel was super nice, we really liked it!

You guys should totally hit Innoventions. It was a neat thing to do, especially when we thought we've seen/done everything in DL!! :3dglasses

Wow, great trip reports! They are so fun to read and see all your pics. I've just put Innovations on my to do list for our next trip because of your pics. I think my son will love the story in Peter Pans room.

I'm curious if you got the cake you wanted for your birthday. Was it good? Is the box it came in sturdy and keepable or something to throw away? I've read there is a pirate one and think it would be great to get for my son for his birthday. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for your next segment on your TR.

Kaycee! Where have you been all my life! :confused3 :rotfl: ;)

The hotel was super nice, we really liked it!

You guys should totally hit Innoventions. It was a neat thing to do, especially when we thought we've seen/done everything in DL!! :3dglasses

HAHA!
I KNOW.
This is the only post that I've done in MONTHS! :D
Feel special? YAH YOU SHOULD !:rotfl:

Most definitely. The bf & I are getting there earlier than Jas&the rest of them.. so we have time to do whatevers just us two :woohoo:

Hey.... I'm ready for Day 2 Missy! :surfweb:

Stop googling the Jonas Brothers and get back to the trip report! Heehee. :eek: I am rude.

Wow, great trip reports! They are so fun to read and see all your pics. I've just put Innovations on my to do list for our next trip because of your pics. I think my son will love the story in Peter Pans room.

I'm curious if you got the cake you wanted for your birthday. Was it good? Is the box it came in sturdy and keepable or something to throw away? I've read there is a pirate one and think it would be great to get for my son for his birthday. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for your next segment on your TR.

I hope you do Innoventions! I'm sure your son will love the story in the Peter Pan room. It's so cool, I was amazed. So I'm sure your son will be!

I did get my cake! I got it the last day we were there. The box it comes in and the little flag and the princess one came with a mirror is all keepable. I have them on my shelf now. The cake was good. It's small, but it was good. We got it at the bakery in DCA. They do have them at the bakery on Main Street. I'm sure your son will love it!

HAHA!
I KNOW.
This is the only post that I've done in MONTHS! :D
Feel special? YAH YOU SHOULD !:rotfl:

Most definitely. The bf & I are getting there earlier than Jas&the rest of them.. so we have time to do whatevers just us two :woohoo:

I'm SO special!!! :lovestruc :rotfl:

Hey.... I'm ready for Day 2 Missy! :surfweb:

Stop googling the Jonas Brothers and get back to the trip report! Heehee. :eek: I am rude.

Oh my, stop following me! :rotfl2: How did you know!!???

I've been just so busy. Seriously! I'm working day 2 right now. I'll post some of it some time tonight, I swear! ;)

Wednesday April 29th - DLR Day 2

Geez louise. It's already going to be a week since I last did an update? I've been just a busy bee to sit down and do this. I won't be home tomorrow night, so I'll do some of it now to keep you entertained until Saturday!!

SO! We woke up very VERY late on Wednesday morning. Maybe 10 or 11? We didn't get to the parks until 2:30pm. We stayed up late, enjoying the hotel, eating dinner, watching TV. Oh, also the TV at the Menage had Direct TV, which was neat because they had SO many channels. Oh and I also wanted to add that the hotel said they charge $10/day for parking. And it's been almost a week (tomorrow) since we checked out and I haven't been charged for parking yet. Hm. They did charge the same card for room service we ordered one night, but they haven't the parking.

Anyways! We got to the park around 2:30ish. On the tram.

DSC00406.jpg

I'm surprised they still have this Toy Story Mania things up.

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

If you notice, we pretty much always enter Main Street under the right side of the train bridge thing. I don't know why. We do.

DSC00409.jpg

And who do we see at the Coke Corner? Alice and Hatter! Oh mm ggggg!

DSC00412.jpg

She's my favorite Alice.

DSC00414.jpg

Yay!

DSC00418.jpg

I was a happy camper after that. We stopped at the times board. This was taken at almost 3:00pm. I guess that boy was deciding what to do next! Look at that concentration!

DSC00422.jpg

We took a right and went through the castle. I swear, everytime we come the tops of the castle look so blue and bright to me. More blue and brighter than the last time we came. I think they paint them every night or something.

DSC00424.jpg

Did you know there is fish in that water by the castle? Because I didn't. They look like slimey fish.

DSC00428.jpg

Miss Fairy Godmother was by the castle.

DSC00431.jpg

We then went through the castle walkthrough. I have pretty much these same pictures on my last TR, but what the hay!

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

I think her face looks weird in this scene.

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

Scary fairy.

DSC00438.jpg

My favorite prince ever.

DSC00439.jpg

I'm going to bed everyone. I'm exhausted. So up next (I'll update Saturday!), IASW, Laughing Stock Co., and DCA!!!

:goodvibes

awww Courtney ;) You & Jesus are so cute! Its nice how you guys got to take it easy and leisurely go around. I think those are the best days. I can't wait to read more! Have a good nite!

The more I hear about the Menage the more I think I am interested in checking it out. I love your pictures. I am a major Mad Hatter fan.:goodvibes

I thought that the Menage looked really cool too! But when I was reading reviews on trip advisor etc. there was sooo many that I began to wonder if there were fakes! I know, sounds weird. It was a bit expensive during the time we're going anyway. But now I know for next time a real person likes it.

By the way, your braces are soooo cute! :cutie:

awww Courtney ;) You & Jesus are so cute! Its nice how you guys got to take it easy and leisurely go around. I think those are the best days. I can't wait to read more! Have a good nite!

Thank you, dudette! :goodvibes I love when we just walk around. Our first day we didn't even ride any rides and it was fun!

The more I hear about the Menage the more I think I am interested in checking it out. I love your pictures. I am a major Mad Hatter fan.:goodvibes

Mad Hatter is awesome. I am so entertained by those two, it's fun.

You should check out more about the Menage!

I thought that the Menage looked really cool too! But when I was reading reviews on trip advisor etc. there was sooo many that I began to wonder if there were fakes! I know, sounds weird. It was a bit expensive during the time we're going anyway. But now I know for next time a real person likes it.

By the way, your braces are soooo cute! :cutie:

There are a lot of weird reviews on TA. But I noticed that people are very very picky. We didn't have one problem there, and we've stayed at the not so nice hotels on Harbor before. I noticed it can get expensive, especially through the Menage's website.

Thank you! :) I've gotten used to them. I always smiled super big and braces won't stop me! :yay:

I have a question for you Courtney. A friend is going in June and wants to make PS for her trip. She can do it now can't she? It's not to early? It will be two teenage boys and a three year old girl. Now part of me says that they might like the Princesses you know what I mean? :lmao: Especially since one of them is my son I know them well. But I think maybe the Plaza is better? What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter