PPB's Super-Forever TR! DisDivas Trip TR Coming SOON!

Hey there :). You must be so excited!!!!

I always over-pack too. Last year I under-packed, and paid for it when the weather was colder and we all only had 1 pair of pants and long-sleeved top each. Now, like you, I feel like I'm going to be packing 2 sets of clothes for us. Yikes!

So you will be there when we are there! I don't think I've ever seen a DIS-er at a park. I always look for the green Mickey heads, but never see them. Perhaps I should go pick one up and see if we are "spotted"?

Have a great birthday! I will be going down to d-land in September to celebrate my birthday. Its the perfect way to celebrate I think :banana:

Sounds like you have everything you need (except me in tow......lol) :rotfl2:

You'll have a great trip!!!! Can't wait for the report & pics when you get back!!!!!

So your birthday is on Friday, right? I lost track somewhere - you are staying at the Menage on Tues., Wed., and Thursday nights, but are you staying on Friday night too? Somewhere along the line I forgot how many days and nights you were going to be at DLR!

Anyway, from one obsessive, chronic over-packer to another, I feel your pain. The problem I find with over-packing is not so much actually lugging 3 bags out the door with me - though that is bothersome - it is all the thought and decisons that go into it beforehand!! I am constantly thinking of what to bring, then arguing with myself over whether I should bring it. Well, if I bring this, then I HAVE to bring that too. No, that won't be necessary at Disneyland...Oh, but it will be too hot in the day for me to bring that, but I have to be prepared at night in case it gets cold...and then there is that chance of rain...where is the umbrella? I have to bring that in case my feet get blistered...have to bring shampoo AND conditioner to fight the frizzies...have to remember the cell phone charger and now the camera battery charger too!....It may be cold enough for a sweater but not for a coat, so I have to bring an extra sweater...but then it may be really cold so I have to bring the coat... So when I think I have decided on all the things I need to bring with me, which usually involves all of the above as well as several t-shirts, several sweaters, several pairs of pants, things to sleep in, several everything, then I start second-guessing my decisions in an effort to 'scale down' (ha ha) what I bring and not bring so much. Then I have a battle in my mind over what stuff is really necessary and what is not. It is endless! Then there is the issue of actually trying to fit everything into the designated bags and get the thigns I need in my purse or Baggallini into their assigned compartments....and then there is the issue of lugging it out and loading it into the car. It is a pain. And then don't even get me started on unpacking it in the hotel room and then having to re-pack when it is time to go home (why is it that nothing ever fits as well in the bags when you leave to go home as it did when you were first packing for the trip?).

Still, all of that madness aside, I have never regretted having any of the stuff with me in the hotel rooms. I like 'being prepared' for different scenarios, I guess, and I try to use as much of what I bring with me as possible. You never know when you may spill something on your shirt or sit in someone's spilled ice cream and have to go back to the hotel mid-day to change!! But why is it that whoever I go with to DLR is able to pack very lightly and never has any need for anything else when at DLR? Ahhh...yes, I know why. My traveling companions (like Shawn or other friends) know that I am the one who brings everything, so if they need lotion, they come to ME. If they need powder, I am their gal. If they need Motrin, I am fully stocked. Foot blister pads? Sherry has them!! Basically I am carrying things for everyone's use!

I'm an over-packer too. But I like to be able to choose what to wear in the morning. Nothing will make me grumpier than not being comfy in my outfit. But I also like to bring a full complement of toiletries also, just in case. Still, I always manage to forget something, like dress shoes or bobby pins. Good thing I always go to places where there are stores!

Have fun on your trip... tomorrow! :goodvibes

Its not "over-packing", its being "prepared". At least thats what I tell myself, and everyone else when I pack my bags like I'm leaving for a month and everyone else is packed for a 4 day vacation. You just never know.....

YAY! How exciting!! I can't wait until ya'll get back and we get to hear all about it!!

And I agree, there's no such thing as over-packing - unless you bring along everything you own. Then you have issues :lol: I always have to pack multiple things for each day so I have something to chang into at night, it only makes sense.

Have fun at the Minnie & Friends breakfast!! We had so, so, so, so much fun there last month. Yay!!

Have a fantastic trip!!

Hey there :). You must be so excited!!!!

I always over-pack too. Last year I under-packed, and paid for it when the weather was colder and we all only had 1 pair of pants and long-sleeved top each. Now, like you, I feel like I'm going to be packing 2 sets of clothes for us. Yikes!

So you will be there when we are there! I don't think I've ever seen a DIS-er at a park. I always look for the green Mickey heads, but never see them. Perhaps I should go pick one up and see if we are "spotted"?

That’s what I’m afraid of! Being freezing because I didn’t pack enough!! Eww! At least if you pack too much, you’ll be prepared!

Keep an eye for my Mickey head! I have them on my bag! You should go get some if you have the time!!! :)

So exciting you are leaving soon! I'm jealous.

Wooo!!! You can live DL through my pictures when I come back!! :rotfl:

Have a wonderful birthday!

Thank you SO much, Michele!!! It’s almost yours and your DH’s too!! Woohoo!!! :woohoo:

Sounds like you have everything you need (except me in tow......lol) :rotfl2:

You'll have a great trip!!!! Can't wait for the report & pics when you get back!!!!!

:rotfl: I need to get a HUGE bag and take everyone with me!!!

Thank you so much, Laurie! I hope you have an awesome time! :)

wooo! I'm sooo stoked for you ;) You're going to have soo much fun!

Jas! Thank you!!!!! I’ll give you all the deets when I get home!!!!!! It’s almost time for your trip too!!!!! :yay:

So your birthday is on Friday, right? I lost track somewhere - you are staying at the Menage on Tues., Wed., and Thursday nights, but are you staying on Friday night too? Somewhere along the line I forgot how many days and nights you were going to be at DLR!

Anyway, from one obsessive, chronic over-packer to another, I feel your pain. The problem I find with over-packing is not so much actually lugging 3 bags out the door with me - though that is bothersome - it is all the thought and decisons that go into it beforehand!! I am constantly thinking of what to bring, then arguing with myself over whether I should bring it. Well, if I bring this, then I HAVE to bring that too. No, that won't be necessary at Disneyland...Oh, but it will be too hot in the day for me to bring that, but I have to be prepared at night in case it gets cold...and then there is that chance of rain...where is the umbrella? I have to bring that in case my feet get blistered...have to bring shampoo AND conditioner to fight the frizzies...have to remember the cell phone charger and now the camera battery charger too!....It may be cold enough for a sweater but not for a coat, so I have to bring an extra sweater...but then it may be really cold so I have to bring the coat... So when I think I have decided on all the things I need to bring with me, which usually involves all of the above as well as several t-shirts, several sweaters, several pairs of pants, things to sleep in, several everything, then I start second-guessing my decisions in an effort to 'scale down' (ha ha) what I bring and not bring so much. Then I have a battle in my mind over what stuff is really necessary and what is not. It is endless! Then there is the issue of actually trying to fit everything into the designated bags and get the thigns I need in my purse or Baggallini into their assigned compartments....and then there is the issue of lugging it out and loading it into the car. It is a pain. And then don't even get me started on unpacking it in the hotel room and then having to re-pack when it is time to go home (why is it that nothing ever fits as well in the bags when you leave to go home as it did when you were first packing for the trip?).

Still, all of that madness aside, I have never regretted having any of the stuff with me in the hotel rooms. I like 'being prepared' for different scenarios, I guess, and I try to use as much of what I bring with me as possible. You never know when you may spill something on your shirt or sit in someone's spilled ice cream and have to go back to the hotel mid-day to change!! But why is it that whoever I go with to DLR is able to pack very lightly and never has any need for anything else when at DLR? Ahhh...yes, I know why. My traveling companions (like Shawn or other friends) know that I am the one who brings everything, so if they need lotion, they come to ME. If they need powder, I am their gal. If they need Motrin, I am fully stocked. Foot blister pads? Sherry has them!! Basically I am carrying things for everyone's use!

Ah, Sherry, you rock! You are exactly like me. I was having that same dilemma this weekend. I didn’t know what to pack, what to wear, what if it’s cold? What if it’s hot? I was going crazy. I think I got it though. And I always have extra everything. Especially because I got sick last trip, now I packed every kind of medicine so we don’t have to buy $15 Day Quil anymore!! Woo!

We’re coming home Friday afternoon. So we’re checking out of the Menage that morning. My parents want me home the night of my birthday so they can do whatever. Take me to dinner? I’m not even sure of the plans yet!

I'm an over-packer too. But I like to be able to choose what to wear in the morning. Nothing will make me grumpier than not being comfy in my outfit. But I also like to bring a full complement of toiletries also, just in case. Still, I always manage to forget something, like dress shoes or bobby pins. Good thing I always go to places where there are stores!

Have fun on your trip... tomorrow! :goodvibes

Yes. I’m like that too. I can’t just wear one outfit. What if I change my mind? Then I’m uncomfortable all day because I don’t like my outfit!! But of course Jesus can do that. I guess because he’s a guy? :confused3

Thank you so much!! :)

Its not "over-packing", its being "prepared". At least thats what I tell myself, and everyone else when I pack my bags like I'm leaving for a month and everyone else is packed for a 4 day vacation. You just never know.....

YES! Being prepared!! I like that!!! :) You should have seen my bag when we packed for just overnight. Jesus’ family was like what!? How many days are we going!?! :laughing:

YAY! How exciting!! I can't wait until ya'll get back and we get to hear all about it!!

And I agree, there's no such thing as over-packing - unless you bring along everything you own. Then you have issues :lol: I always have to pack multiple things for each day so I have something to chang into at night, it only makes sense.

Have fun at the Minnie & Friends breakfast!! We had so, so, so, so much fun there last month. Yay!!

Have a fantastic trip!!

Thank youuuuu!!!!!! :dance3: I don’t bring my whole room, thank goodness!!!

The Minnie and Friends breakfast looks like a blast! Especially looking at your TR! It made me SO excited!!!!!

I am all caught up! :cool1:

Courtney, I hope you have a wonderful trip! I am looking forward to more!

I have a weird question....I am considering booking the Desert Inn and Suites for our trip in Oct. Do they charge when you reserve the room online or when you check-out? Thanks!:flower3:

I am all caught up! :cool1:

Courtney, I hope you have a wonderful trip! I am looking forward to more!

I have a weird question....I am considering booking the Desert Inn and Suites for our trip in Oct. Do they charge when you reserve the room online or when you check-out? Thanks!:flower3:

Hi January!! Thank you for joining!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

They charge you after you check out, just like the Hojo. I had the room booked for almost a week or so and they didn't charge me anything. I think I even asked when I called because I had another question. Also the guy told me it's cheaper to book online through their website than over the phone. I have no idea why, even the guy didn't know. But it was $10 or so cheaper!! :thumbsup2

Hi January!! Thank you for joining!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

They charge you after you check out, just like the Hojo. I had the room booked for almost a week or so and they didn't charge me anything. I think I even asked when I called because I had another question. Also the guy told me it's cheaper to book online through their website than over the phone. I have no idea why, even the guy didn't know. But it was $10 or so cheaper!! :thumbsup2

Awesome!

Now I just have to decide between the Hojo and Desert Inn.

So goodnight everyone!! I'm going to bed right now. I'm getting up early tomorrow and probably won't check in here until we get home.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!! :)

party::bday:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY!:bday::cool1::thumbsup2:banana::wizard:
:woohoo::hug::yay::dance3::cheer2::grouphug:
:flower3::goodvibes:hyper::rockband::music::car:
:dancer::ccat::sulley::hmghost:

Have a wonderful day, and make sure to report back to us with the TR soon!

(For some reason, when I tried to make the HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY a different color - like something remotely close to pink:goodvibes, I couldn't access the colors! I couldn't even bold it.:mad:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY!!! (Okay, now it worked, although the pink is so light that you can barely see it!!)

I hope you have a wonderful birthday today! This is the start of our trio of birthdays!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter