• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Your Wedding Cake

My parents are going to be celebrating their 44 wedding anniversary. We will be staying at the GF. Is it possible for the bakery to just do a top layer of one of the wedding cakes shown on here with the beautiful castle, or are these cakes created only for people getting married at DW? I have looked through pages and pages on the anniv. and birthday thread - wow that's exhaustive! Thanks for any help!

Vanessa (figmentfan814) did this for her 1st anniversary. Here's her TR that talks about it. She actually set up a private dining, which she explains, but it included the cake.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2094394

Congrats to your parents! Mine will celebrate 45 this summer! I told them if they make it to 50 without doing each other in (they've gotten a little rambunctious in their later years...now I'm the adult!), then I'll pay for a VR at WDW!! (plus, it gives me an excuse to plan another wedding!)

Did they pick out what the cake was on or did you have to give it to them? I love your cake!

Thank you. That cake was actually on display at Franck's when I went for my planning session. I believe it was called Queen of Hearts. It was in Pink and Purple but I told them I just wanted white and pink.

Here is how the cake looked in Francks. (its not displayed there anymore)
PlanningSession191.jpg

and of course mine.

l_dc7b4b1f2fc8417ead3675865058a400.jpg

If you see a cake, Disney will customize it anyway you want. :thumbsup2

My parents are going to be celebrating their 44 wedding anniversary. We will be staying at the GF. Is it possible for the bakery to just do a top layer of one of the wedding cakes shown on here with the beautiful castle, or are these cakes created only for people getting married at DW? I have looked through pages and pages on the anniv. and birthday thread - wow that's exhaustive! Thanks for any help!

You can call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian and ask for an anniversary cake: 407-824-2474. I have to warn you, the contact person there can be quite capricious. Sometimes she will say they only make anniversary cakes for people who were married at WDW and sometimes she has no problem filling the request.

Check out the Birthday & Anniversary Cake thread on the DIS food board for pictures of anniversary cakes made for people dining or staying at the Grand Floridian: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1859670

I have read about this woman and I was hoping there would be a way around her! We are staying RPC, Do you think concierge would be able to accomadate my request if I went through them? I thought if I sent them a picture maybe they could help me out? I have looked through many pages on the birthday and anniversary cake thread, but this is the thread that has the most beautiful cakes of all! I know exactly what I want, I just need it minitaturized since there are only a few of us. I am really nervous about calling as I have read so many negative experiences about people's experiences trying to get cakes made.

I have read about this woman and I was hoping there would be a way around her! We are staying RPC, Do you think concierge would be able to accomadate my request if I went through them? I thought if I sent them a picture maybe they could help me out? I have looked through many pages on the birthday and anniversary cake thread, but this is the thread that has the most beautiful cakes of all! I know exactly what I want, I just need it minitaturized since there are only a few of us. I am really nervous about calling as I have read so many negative experiences about people's experiences trying to get cakes made.

Ultimately, any cake request at the Grand will go thru the "cake lady". She is the contact for the bakery when it comes to arranging, quoting price, and follow up. RPC will still go thru her for any cake request. As she has direct contact with the bakery, she is still the best way to go.
If you're planning a memorable event, allow yourself plenty of time to have the proper arrangements made. Waiting until 2 days before your event will only lead to dissappointment.

Here's something to think about.

Lookf for a picture of your parents original wedding cake. Most often the Grand Floridian Wedding team can make a replica of the top tier, or the whole cake!

Just go thru the "cake lady",she will coordinate with the bakery.

That is an awesome idea! I know their wedding cake was simple in design and it had beautiful red roses on the three tiers. I will try to sneak out a picture! Thanks!:goodvibes

weddingcake.jpg

Here is my wedding cake 10 years ago! It was made from scratch by my DH!!:love: He made everything - the cake batter, icing, filling, and he decorated it. It was a white chocolate cake with white chocolate icing, and we had strawberry filling in one tier, and raspberry liquor filling in another.

Here is my wedding cake 10 years ago! It was made from scratch by my DH!!:love: He made everything - the cake batter, icing, filling, and he decorated it. It was a white chocolate cake with white chocolate icing, and we had strawberry filling in one tier, and raspberry liquor filling in another.
Wow that is amazing, my DH only helped with the DIY projects that I forced on to him ;) That is awesome that your husband made the entire cake. It sounds delicious too!

Hopefully, you don't have any problems. I was a little nervous too before I called about a 1st anniversary cake, but I had a great experience. The cake lady was really great and went out of her way to help me out. Don't be too worried because everyone's experience can be different. I don't have any complaints and our cake turned out fantastic!

I never thought the day would come where I could actually post my own!

Our wedding cake
9aaaaa.JPG

Our Bengals are on it... Emily is on the top, Neechee is on top of the rock in the middle.

9aaaaaa.JPG

I also got Rob a grooms cake.
9aaa.JPG

This is his truck, with Neechee driving the truck. There are paper towel rolls all over the truck, because Neechee likes shredding them.

9aaaa.JPG

The truck was so accurate; it even included Rob's license plate!

Those are some of the coolest cakes I have ever seen!

Here's our cake!!!

0830.jpg

And here's the one from the tea party. I gave NO specific requests on this. They did it ALL by themselves just knowing that I was having a Mary Poppins Tea Party! The carousel on top is chocolate!

P1170038-1.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the floral on your cake. It is the most beautiful I have seen disney do ! And the Mary Poppins cake is awesome. You certainly lucked out with your cakes !! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter