Post Your Wedding Cake

We took ideas from all the mad hatters to get it to look like this...I probably could have done without all the roses (and i didn't ask for them, either), but overall it was beautiful and we loved it and everyone raved about it...

mycake.jpg

LOVE IT!!! I think I just found my inspiration! :goodvibes

We took ideas from all the mad hatters to get it to look like this...I probably could have done without all the roses (and i didn't ask for them, either), but overall it was beautiful and we loved it and everyone raved about it...

mycake.jpg

where is this reception at?

Does this cake belong to anyone here?

ChampagneCelebration.jpg

My cake decorator here in Richmond is trying to make this cake for me, and she is stumped as to what the "separators" are between the layers. If anyone has any more pictures of this cake (especially one looking "through" the cake) I would love to see them! Thanks!!!

p.s. can I also add that I am super excited for my cake. The background is going to be ivory colored, as in the picture, but the circles are going to kiwi green and indigo blue to go with my peacock theme :cool1:

I only had an escape wedding but I loved my cake so I thought I would post. Yellow cake with chocolate mousse. Yummy!

23011.jpg

23028.jpg

Does this cake belong to anyone here?

ChampagneCelebration.jpg

My cake decorator here in Richmond is trying to make this cake for me, and she is stumped as to what the "separators" are between the layers. If anyone has any more pictures of this cake (especially one looking "through" the cake) I would love to see them! Thanks!!!

p.s. can I also add that I am super excited for my cake. The background is going to be ivory colored, as in the picture, but the circles are going to kiwi green and indigo blue to go with my peacock theme :cool1:

When we were looking for ideas we came across the cake separators that had the half rounds underneath that look very similar to the half circles on this cake.

Globe Pillar and Base Sets

It sounds like you are going to have some awesome colors on your cake!

When we were looking for ideas we came across the cake separators that had the half rounds underneath that look very similar to the half circles on this cake.

Globe Pillar and Base Sets

It sounds like you are going to have some awesome colors on your cake!

The pillars were Wilton clear "twist" or crystal pillars, 5". These are the ones that fit onto a socket under the plastic plate. Some of the pillars had to be cut down for the thinner tiers. It was given about 1 1/2" above the top of each tier.
To cover the pillars, a fondant bubble was hollowed out, and the pillar was placed in the center. This gives it the appearance that the cake is floating on top of the bubbles. Smaller bubbles were formed and placed randomly to blend with the large bubble.
The topper was made by piping royal icing balls on a floral wire. One side was piped first, let to dry, and flipped over to repeat the process. This method proved to be only marginal, as the bubbles would crack and fall off if the under wire flexed. The current method is to use a thin floral wire, and wrap it around irredescent pearl strings. Then this can be bent to shape.

PM me if you need more info.

Here is our cake. It is not from Disney, but it is Disney-themed. My DH's cousin made the cake for us. Yummy is all I have to say!

3507162949_8643c40778.jpg

I showed her a photo on this thread, and she went off of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter