Post your Eastern Caribbean Excursions here!!!

We decided to just walk a short ways down the beach at St. Marteen to save money. LOTS of umbrellas and people wanting you to stay in their spot so you can buy their drinks. We didn't of course...brought our own. But, if you need a restroom, some have availability if you ask before you buy and take a seat. We had a great time and were the only ones from the ship that went here.
Thanks you so much for your post! This is probably what we'll be doing too as our budget is super-tight. Did you take a taxi and if so did you ask to go to a particular beach or could you just walk there right from the port? My kids will be 15, 12 and 7 and just want to swim and snorkel. ;)

There was a local pub, Delly Deck at St. Marteen and got some great food and beer. Kid friendly as well. Just walked from the ship a bit. Locals eat here FYI. The OX Tail stew was delicious!
Thanks for sharing! We're hoping to try some local cuisine that is not too pricey!

Has anyone done the Seaworld Explorer tour on St. Maarten? If so, does the tour start in the morning? Was hoping to possibly do the tour in the morning and then have time to go to Great Bay beach afterwards, if time. I think my 2 kids (7 and 3) would like this tour and it doesn't seem to take up a ton of the day (if it leaves in the a.m.).

For those that did the 12m Regatta in St. Martin - when you get back, is there time to see the rest of the island? Mainly would like to go to the border as well as Maho Beach to see the planes.

Also at Castaway Cay - does anyone have a review of the Watercraft Ski Adventure – Single Rider excursion? Is it worth it? We've never done jet skis before.

We have some time as we're not going till Xmas, but will be on a budget.

Looking at how to get to the beach next to the airport to hang there for a little bit while the planes land or depart, and looking at getting our passports stamped. Bus or cab? (It's 4 of us) and anyone knows where we can get the stamps?

Knowing my boys, they'll want to just do this during the morning and go back to the ship for lunch. DW and I will probably stay ashore shopping a little bit - mostly postcards and she's a big postcrosser.

TIA.

We have some time as we're not going till Xmas, but will be on a budget. Looking at how to get to the beach next to the airport to hang there for a little bit while the planes land or depart, and looking at getting our passports stamped. Bus or cab? (It's 4 of us) and anyone knows where we can get the stamps? Knowing my boys, they'll want to just do this during the morning and go back to the ship for lunch. DW and I will probably stay ashore shopping a little bit - mostly postcards and she's a big postcrosser. TIA.

We just grabbed a cab to Maho beach. Your boys will love it...mine sure did. I think you need to give your passports to Guest Services the night before a port, and they get them stamped for you. You see, we did not know this at all, and now we have no stamps in our passports!

We just grabbed a cab to Maho beach. Your boys will love it...mine sure did. I think you need to give your passports to Guest Services the night before a port, and they get them stamped for you. You see, we did not know this at all, and now we have no stamps in our passports!

Thanks! Any ideas on the cost of a cab?

Regarding passport stamps, the only one that DCL would do was for CC - I thought it would actually say something like it, but it's just a Bahamas stamp similar to the one we got at Nassau.

On Grand Cayman, the office was right next to the place where you board. On Cozumel, we could not find where to go do it.

Our cruise is Itinerary C - stops at CC, San Juan and St. Maarten.

Thanks! Any ideas on the cost of a cab? Regarding passport stamps, the only one that DCL would do was for CC - I thought it would actually say something like it, but it's just a Bahamas stamp similar to the one we got at Nassau. On Grand Cayman, the office was right next to the place where you board. On Cozumel, we could not find where to go do it. Our cruise is Itinerary C - stops at CC, San Juan and St. Maarten.

We paid the driver for a tour around the island that lasted about 4 hours, so I have no idea how much it would be just to the beach. We paid $25 per person. The driver was amazing, because she knew the history of just about everything and showed us some interesting places.

We're planning a eastern Caribbean cruise for next spring. In Puerto Rico, has anyone done the Castillo-san-cristobal-featuring-youth-activity excursion? Is it worth the cost vs. just touring on own? Also, we have a DS4 who would love to do this with his older siblings. Are they at all flexible on ages?

For those that did the 12m Regatta in St. Martin - when you get back, is there time to see the rest of the island? Mainly would like to go to the border as well as Maho Beach to see the planes.

Also at Castaway Cay - does anyone have a review of the Watercraft Ski Adventure – Single Rider excursion? Is it worth it? We've never done jet skis before.

My husband has done this a couple of times and enjoyed it. It wasn't a crazy ride or anything. For him, it was about the same as riding the jet ski on our local pond. They take you out in a line to a sandbar area. You go right past the ship, which is an interesting view!

We are going on the Fantasy in Jan. 2015 so this is a very helpful thread!!

I'm looking at doing the Caribbean Sea Safari and beach tour in St. Thomas. Has anyone done that one? It takes you to snorkel Buck Island and Honeymoon Beach (Water Island) I believe. I'm wondering if Honeymoon Beach gets crowded when there are several ships in port.

There are going to be 6 ships in port that day so I'm wondering how crowded all the beaches will be. I was thinking about doing the Trunk Bay excursion, but I figured with that many ships in port it would be really crowded. Does anyone know? I have no idea how many Trunk Bay can handle.

In San Juan I think we are just going to explore on our own. If anyone has any tips for that I'd love to hear them! I'm not sure if we need to get a taxi or if we can walk. I've heard the forts are a must see. I'm just not sure how to get to them.

How did you find out how many ships would be in port? Did you just go to each company's website or is there a website for that?

While docked at St. Martin, we took a taxi to Le Galion beach. It is absolutely beautiful. It is on the French side and most people spoke French. It is quiet. The water is shallow. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy food and drinks. They accept American dollars and convert them into Euros. I would for sure recommend this beach to families with small children.

Has anyone done the Seaworld Explorer tour on St. Maarten? If so, does the tour start in the morning? Was hoping to possibly do the tour in the morning and then have time to go to Great Bay beach afterwards, if time. I think my 2 kids (7 and 3) would like this tour and it doesn't seem to take up a ton of the day (if it leaves in the a.m.).

We did this tour a few weeks ago. Ours didn't leave until 11:45 so it took up most of the afternoon (the bus that was supposed to pick us up was late so that set our tour back even later). I assume that there is a morning cruise offered as we had to wait for the boat to get back to the dock and unload before our tour could start. The bus ride takes awhile but you can get off in town on the way back and go to Great Bay beach. We had enough time to grab a bite before catching a water taxi back to the boat. We were going to walk the boardwalk or hang out on the beach but it was really hot and the kids were cranky. The tour was okay but not one of my favorites. I think we would have had a better time just going to the beach, but it was nice to play on the ship in the a.m. while everyone else was ashore.

I'm also following as we will also be there in Jan but have young children under 5 so can not do any of the disney beach excursions to St John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter