Post your Eastern Caribbean Excursions here!!!

Has anyone booked a charter boat in St. Thomas? I've found a few online and have asked TA to look into but I'd love some recommendations from this group.

We are a party of 6 which is the max for most of them & perfect for us. Want to do 2 snorkel spots. Thanks

Not sure if this review was posted earlier but...
St Thomas, Adventure Snorkel Tour on Sea Blaster

Description/link from DCL site; http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...enture-snorkel-tour-on-sea-blaster-st-thomas/

Link to review w/pics by biohaz man; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3163797&highlight=sea+blaster

HTH someone :)

We did this excursion two weeks ago and it was amazing! I am working on my trip report but I can say we will go again should we ever be in St Thomas, it was short, so we had half a day to spend shopping - there was a lot to see and rum punch was awesome. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...enture-snorkel-tour-on-sea-blaster-st-thomas/

Has anyone booked a charter boat in St. Thomas? I've found a few online and have asked TA to look into but I'd love some recommendations from this group.

We are a party of 6 which is the max for most of them & perfect for us. Want to do 2 snorkel spots. Thanks

We've gone out with High Pockets twice and can highly recommend them. Cpt Kathleen is wonderful and prepares a fabulous lunch. She'll happily take you to 2 snorkel spots and will make recommendations depending on the weather and what you want to see. Both times my priority was to see some turtles and both times we found them! :goodvibes We had a great time and if we go to St Thomas again we'll book with her again; can't think of a better way to spend the day there. If you want more information you can check out http://www.sailhighpockets.com/

We've gone out with High Pockets twice and can highly recommend them. Cpt Kathleen is wonderful and prepares a fabulous lunch. She'll happily take you to 2 snorkel spots and will make recommendations depending on the weather and what you want to see. Both times my priority was to see some turtles and both times we found them! :goodvibes We had a great time and if we go to St Thomas again we'll book with her again; can't think of a better way to spend the day there. If you want more information you can check out http://www.sailhighpockets.com/

Thank you very much! Repeat customer says a good deal

Do you mind me asking the cost? We are a party of 3 and this looks amazing! Wondering if it's not very cost effective with fewer people.

Has anyone ever done Captain Alan's boats/snorkeling in St. Maarten? It looks good and they guarantee to have you back to your ship in time.

Do you mind me asking the cost? We are a party of 3 and this looks amazing! Wondering if it's not very cost effective with fewer people.

Well, 'cost effective' is relative (just ask my husband!) :goodvibes It's definitely not a cheap excursion, but it is a 6 hour sail with lunch included and we thought it was more than worth it. We paid $130 pp (3 of us) in March 2013, plus the taxi to and from the pier. She won't take more than 6 people and the price per person is the same whether she takes 2 people or 6 people (both times we shared the boat with very nice other parties of 3). Below is the email Kathleen sent me after my most recent inquiry; it has lots of additional info.

Hi there! I recognize your names. We'd love to sail with you again. Thank-you so much for thinking of us. Yes, I will take a reservation this early from repeat guests. We look forward to seeing you, *** and *** again. Let me remind you about our day.

High Pockets will sail with a minimum of two to a maximum of six guests, leaving the crowds behind. Your day includes everything! You just bring towel, sunscreen, swimsuit, identification and cameras (underwater ones too!). That's it, we provide the rest. An open bar with a wide variety of beverages quenches your thirst. The sailing is world class and the sightseeing is spectacular! Our destinations vary day to day, depending on you. wind, current, and sea conditions. I make sure to find a calm cove for all water fun. Most often we find ourselves within St John's National Park. For snorkeling, we provide quality gear (or bring your own) with experienced instruction and swim vests that make snorkeling fun and easy for everyone. The snorkeling is fantastic and often our guests will spot sea turtles among other fascinating sea life (check out the 4th page of our website). Don't wish to snorkel? No worries! You may relax in sun or shade aboard our spacious yacht with a Rum Swizzle in hand, listening to island music while taking in the beautiful sights. Or, perhaps beach comb ..... it's up to you. Of course we offer all amenities, such as a clean bathroom and changing room, for everyone's convenience.

Fine dining afloat. We serve you our specially prepared entree while you relax in our shaded, cushioned cockpit. Lunch is tender medallions of marinated grilled chicken breast served with linguini in a light lemon herb sauce of fresh squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, dusted with herbs from my garden. Our salad of crisp greens is tossed with chunks of fresh apples, pears, sweet dried cranberries and feta cheese with my own vinaigrette. French bread and Irish butter round out the feast. A splash of Chardonnay perhaps? Fresh cut flowers, cloth napkins, and wine goblets complete the perfect picnic. Dessert? My famous homemade rum cake is served during our leisurely sail home.

Our full day sails from 9:30 AM to around 3:30 PM. I will meet you in Red Hook at American Yacht Harbor Marina on 'A' dock, by the tall flag pole. The rate is $140 per person Visa or Master Card. You may wish to participate in our cash discount program of $130 per person. Cash gratuity for mate at your discretion. Should you wish a private sail, we can discuss rates. I am sorry we no longer accept Travelers Checks due to the difficulty of processing them.

To make a reservation, we just need a Master Card or Visa to hold your day. The name as it reads on the card, the number, the expiration date and the last three digits on the back of the card. You can send two or three separate emails for security. Alternatively, I could call you, just provide your phone number or you may call us at your convenience. Our phone numbers are 340-715-2812 direct cell phone 340-690-0587. We do not charge your card, unless you wish to use it, then please bring it with you. I will send you a boarding pass via email. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours to avoid penalty of full payment. Of course we understand emergencies. We do not charge your card if your ship diverts from St Thomas for any reason. Please include the name of the ship in which you are cruising. In addition, I would appreciate a phone number where you can be reached.

Taxi information: We are just a 20-25 minute scenic taxi ride from your ship. Should you wish, I can arrange our taxi group, led by Mrs Hastings, to pick you at your ship in their air conditioned van to bring you to me and then pick you up at the end of our sail. The Hastings will have a sign with 'High Pockets' on it. Their service is excellent. Rates are the mostly the same as all the taxis, but the convenience is great! Taxi fares are set by the island's Taxi Association at about $10 to $12.50 cash per person, each way, depending on where your ship docks. Taxi fares are subject to change without notice.

So much information! Please feel free to print our emails for use on vacation. Thanks again for your inquiry.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Thank you for sharing all this info. I agree husbands often have differing opinion of 'reasonable':)

I will definitely check her out - I think was in my initial findings.

Going on our first Eastern after 5 Western & Bahamas. Great reading through these. Lots of choices!

Has anyone done the "Caribbean sea safari, snorkeling & beach tour" in St Thomas?! We are going in Fantasy in May for first time!

There was a local pub, Delly Deck at St. Marteen and got some great food and beer. Kid friendly as well. Just walked from the ship a bit. Locals eat here FYI. The OX Tail stew was delicious!

Glad I found this thread. I'll be crusing on the Disney Fantasy (eastern) in May 2015. This info will help in choosing excursions.

Has anyone taken the "St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour".

Wonder if you have to do the "Snorkel" portion of the tour. I'm looking for an excrusion which would include some beach time on St. John. It doesn't appear that there are many options offered by DCL.

Has anyone taken the "St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour". Wonder if you have to do the "Snorkel" portion of the tour. I'm looking for an excrusion which would include some beach time on St. John. It doesn't appear that there are many options offered by DCL.

You can swim instead and it's only 90 min of beach time so be aware in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can swim instead and it's only 90 min of beach time so be aware in advance.

Thanks, I noticed that on the excursion description. I liked this excursion becasue it was only 1/2 a day, about 4 hours. Decisions, Decisions! At least I have about 12 months to plan!

We decided to just walk a short ways down the beach at St. Marteen to save money. LOTS of umbrellas and people wanting you to stay in their spot so you can buy their drinks. We didn't of course...brought our own. But, if you need a restroom, some have availability if you ask before you buy and take a seat. We had a great time and were the only ones from the ship that went here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter