Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

I've really enjoyed this thread. We're going in Feb for two weeks and have got a lot of terrific ideas. I have a couple of questions-

We're staying on the 700 loop- sharing a site (preferred) with my inlaws. They have a huge RV and we will be pitching our 15x10 Cougar Flats tent on the sand pit. Will there be room to pitch a shelter as well? We won't have to have nearly the set up as some as we have the DDP and won't be eating too much at camp. I do want a comfy set up though...

Also- I've noticed some of you have lots of electronic stuff (fridges, microwaves, crockpots, and such) under screened shelters. Is that safe? The rain won't ruin the electronics or cause electrocution? (please excuse me if that is a silly question).

We're planning on doing a lot of camping with our two little boys since we're on a tight budget and that is the most economical way to have family vacations and quality family time. This thread is really helpful for ANY camping trip.. especially with little ones.:)

I've really enjoyed this thread. We're going in Feb for two weeks and have got a lot of terrific ideas. I have a couple of questions-

We're staying on the 700 loop- sharing a site (preferred) with my inlaws. They have a huge RV and we will be pitching our 15x10 Cougar Flats tent on the sand pit. Will there be room to pitch a shelter as well? We won't have to have nearly the set up as some as we have the DDP and won't be eating too much at camp. I do want a comfy set up though...

That is really unpredictable. I've seen preferred sites with large sand areas, and I've seen preferred sites with really tiny sand areas.

Also- I've noticed some of you have lots of electronic stuff (fridges, microwaves, crockpots, and such) under screened shelters. Is that safe? The rain won't ruin the electronics or cause electrocution? (please excuse me if that is a silly question).

I've never had a problem. I make sure I use outdoor rated extension cords and if it is supposed to rain really bad, I actually unplug and cover the electronics with a tarp.

We're planning on doing a lot of camping with our two little boys since we're on a tight budget and that is the most economical way to have family vacations and quality family time. This thread is really helpful for ANY camping trip.. especially with little ones.:)

Camping is really fun!!!!

Y'all have some great setups going on here. I have never seen anything like this. I guess it's doing it up Disney style!! We are going to look like such simpletons when we go! :goodvibes

I became a FTW addict last January when I stopped in for 2 weeks for a solo tent camping trip. As a result, I didn't really need much equipment - this was it. This was loop 1500 - the second site on the right. Looking at this picture, the walk way to the comfort station would be to the left. Also, the bus stop is a little behind and to the right of my site. I had so much fun camping - I can't wait to go again next January. :cool1: Though, I'll be flying down and won't have a car, so I'll probably have trouble fitting my big suitcase in the tent with the air mattress...

An extra tip: For cold weather campers - take electric blankets!

MyhotelroomatDisneysFortWilderness-.jpg

I just returned from 7 nights at the fort and it was amazing. We had three families on our site and erected 4 tents plus three gazebos. We had site 2025 and it was perfect. It's located right along a curve in the road and seemed super spacious. We used the driveway area as well but still had room for one car and the golf cart. I'll see if I have pictures I can post. I didn't think to take any until we were down to just 2 1/2 tents but maybe another family has some. I miss the fort already.

Wow, some of you guys have some seriously "modern" camping set ups, lol. I'm going to feel like a neanderthal when I show up with just a tent and no electronics at all!

My family and I are planning a camping trip to FW in October and were wondering how the weather is that time of year?

I've been in October a few times and have had very pleasant, to hot, to chilly.

Ok, ok, so I contributed to the off topic but it had nothing to do with White Castle or Krystal. ;) I guess I'll rectify it and put it back on topic :)

Here's another angle of site 1501: (notice the screen house is slightly off the pad, not a large area).

Site1501-d.jpg

Hi TCM! My name is Roxy, we got a mickey ears lamp too and i was wondering where or how did ya'll make the mickey hands and shorts? Thank you?

Great pics!!!

DH just told me he would tent camp during our next trip!!! Yeah!!!

Tell me about the comfort stations. Does anyone have pics to post?

Great pics!!!

DH just told me he would tent camp during our next trip!!! Yeah!!!

Tell me about the comfort stations. Does anyone have pics to post?

I can help you with the tell you part ( I don't have any pictures). They are very clean probably the cleanest you will find in a campground. I also can testify the security is really great! There is usually 4 toilets and 4 showers with one of those being a handicapped (one HD toilet and 1 shower stall). each shower has a changing room then the shower so you have complete privacy!

I just returned from 7 nights at the fort and it was amazing. We had three families on our site and erected 4 tents plus three gazebos. We had site 2025 and it was perfect. It's located right along a curve in the road and seemed super spacious. We used the driveway area as well but still had room for one car and the golf cart. I'll see if I have pictures I can post. I didn't think to take any until we were down to just 2 1/2 tents but maybe another family has some. I miss the fort already.

How does it work if you put more than one tent per site? Do they charge per person, per site or per tent? Would love to go camping...:laundy:

How does it work if you put more than one tent per site? Do they charge per person, per site or per tent? Would love to go camping...:laundy:

I want to say you're allowed 3 structures on the site.

They just charge for the site and you're allowed 10 ppl on it.

If you are tent camping I am unaware of any limit to the number of tents per site, but there is an absolute limit of ten people per site. If you are RV camping, you are allowed one sleeping tent in addition to your RV, and may have a dining tent/awning room in addition to that.

HIH
:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter