Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

14a5.jpg

Tuffcookie, what a great set-up! It's so "home-y!" It really makes me wish our airmattress was a double-high! (I still can't imagine my DH and I not rolling to the middle.)

WOW! Jeannie, your site looks huge! (Is the blue tent that we can see in one of the pictures yours too?) And your daughter is adorable!

Love these pics! :thumbsup2

looks like I need to try for 2026. That is one huge site! We leave in 2 days and finally I'll have a tent camping picture of my own to post.:cool1:
Linda:banana: :dance3:

looks like I need to try for 2026. That is one huge site! We leave in 2 days and finally I'll have a tent camping picture of my own to post.:cool1:
Linda:banana: :dance3:

I'm thinking that they may be in 2028 or 2024. Correct me if I'm wrong. The picture looks like it was taken in front of site 2026.

My family is looking for a tent to go on our Smoky Mt. camping trip in June. There are 5 of us DH, Me, DS15, DD12 & DD10. I'm thinking about the Columbia Cougar Flats does anyone have this tent and if so how do you like it. I would also like to hear about other good family tents. TIA :goodvibes

I think we're going to get a raised air mattress this next time.:lovestruc We need another one anyway, especially if the step-kids come. Right now we have just a regular queen & a twin. Raised one is next on the list. I'm thinking the coleman one from Target. Anyone have any suggestions??

Oh, and we're getting a new screen house too!!:cool1: :banana: I hate the one we have now, but it's also about 4 years old & needs replacing.:rotfl:

My family is looking for a tent to go on our Smoky Mt. camping trip in June. There are 5 of us DH, Me, DS15, DD12 & DD10. I'm thinking about the Columbia Cougar Flats does anyone have this tent and if so how do you like it. I would also like to hear about other good family tents. TIA :goodvibes

We have a Jeep 10-person tent from Sam's Club & love it.:lovestruc :love: :cloud9: Has all kinds of cool stuff to hang from little hooks in the ceiling & sky lights. :thumbsup2 Of course, we bought it about 4 years ago, but you might still be able to find one. I think I saw one on Amazon about a month ago. Try eBay too. They hold up really well & lots of room!!:woohoo:

We have a Jeep 10-person tent from Sam's Club & love it.:lovestruc :love: :cloud9: Has all kinds of cool stuff to hang from little hooks in the ceiling & sky lights. :thumbsup2 Of course, we bought it about 4 years ago, but you might still be able to find one. I think I saw one on Amazon about a month ago. Try eBay too. They hold up really well & lots of room!!:woohoo:

I don't know if you will be able to find another Jeep stand-alone. I searched high and low for one right before we purchased our Eureka. The last we heard was a few years ago Jeep dealers were giving them away as a promotion. Maybe you can find one on Ebay. I'm still looking and I haven't seen one in a while....well, not the one I wanted (the stand-alone one).

You may want to take a look at the tents with the polyethylene bathtub style floor. I miss that in our Coleman. We now have a Copper Canyon 1512 by Eureka. I'm still leery of the floor. It's not the polyethylene. We've only used our Eureka last October and no rain so I can't attest to it's dryness. Everything else about the Copper Canyon, I love. Large airy windows and skylights makes it worth it...so far.

I believe the site is 2024~ But 2026 and and 2028 were Huge as well.

I have also searched for another Jeep Tent with no luck:confused3 That tent was aweome! The closets helped keep things tidy!

I believe the site is 2024~ But 2026 and and 2028 were Huge as well.

I have also searched for another Jeep Tent with no luck:confused3 That tent was aweome! The closets helped keep things tidy!

The closets are what I really admired with the Jeep tent and the large windows, it looks well made and sturdy. Are the closets big enough for a port-a-potty?

I think we're going to get a raised air mattress this next time.:lovestruc We need another one anyway, especially if the step-kids come. Right now we have just a regular queen & a twin. Raised one is next on the list. I'm thinking the coleman one from Target. Anyone have any suggestions??

Oh, and we're getting a new screen house too!!:cool1: :banana: I hate the one we have now, but it's also about 4 years old & needs replacing.:rotfl:

We have this one and have used it a lot - it's very comfortable, and is holding up beautifully:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6486521

I have to say I really have enjoyed this thread.

My family and I are taking our first tent camping trip ever next month (not at WDW, but up in Mirror Lake Wisconsin near the dells)

I am beyond excited, kids are too excited, and my DH says, well I will try it.. (he has never been camping before, but will be our main cook, since he is a grill master!)

I have really enjoyed seeing people's set ups. We are only going for 2 nights so I dont think our set up will be as kewl all of yours, but it helps to see how ya'll have done it.

The closets are what I really admired with the Jeep tent and the large windows, it looks well made and sturdy. Are the closets big enough for a port-a-potty?

I am not sure about a port a potty ?? Ithink my kids would probably fit in there but i don't have one so I am not sure ??

Tuffcookie, what a great set-up! It's so "home-y!" It really makes me wish our airmattress was a double-high! (I still can't imagine my DH and I not rolling to the middle.)

WOW! Jeannie, your site looks huge! (Is the blue tent that we can see in one of the pictures yours too?) And your daughter is adorable!

Love these pics! :thumbsup2

I wish !!!! If it was it would be the best site there the 2 together would be awesome!!!

I wish I had pictures of tent camping at FtW...
Wait, I do, but they're from when I was 4.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter