Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

So glad you did an Indiana Jones night Kari! It's on my post trip theme night list and I'm glad you gave me some ideas to "steal"!

Becc1, glad you can use some of the ideas! That's the only reason I post my movie nights. I LOVE seeing other people's movie nights and getting inspiration. I am very grateful to everyone who posts their pictures and ideas for their movie nights. This is my FAVORITE thread!!!!

To celebrate Cinco de Mayo tonight we had a Three Caballeros theme night! Since it was a school night we began the movie right after homework was done. Snacks for the movie were tortilla chips with salsa and queso dip and I got them a few different flavored sodas in the Mexican food aisle to try. Everyone sat down to watch the movie, DH and DS15 were not crazy about it but the younger ones enjoyed it:) After the movie the kids made tissue paper flowers and did some coloring pages. Dinner was chicken fajitas with onions and peppers, beef tacos, spanish rice, refried beans (for DH, yuck), baked beans (for everyone else, lol), sweet corn cake and for dessert we had red, white and green cupcakes to represent the Mexican flag. I was going to venture out a bit with dessert but Emily asked for cupcakes and I love my daughter:cloud9: so cupcakes it was! After dinner the kids played a few rounds of "Donde Esta Donald?" . They took turns hiding Donald around the house for each other. I was going to get a pinata for the night but at $20, I cheaped out :rotfl: We are supposed to be saving money for Disney remember? :lmao: So I promised the kids that we would make one this weekend!

Movie snacks
003-7.jpg

Craft
006-11.jpg

007-4.jpg

005-9.jpg

008-8.jpg

Our centerpiece
009-7.jpg

Dinner
022-6.jpg

Chciken fajitas
020-4.jpg

Beef tacos
016-8.jpg

Sweet corn cake (this stuff is addictive ;))
015-10.jpg

019-7.jpg

014-6.jpg

My dinner :rotfl:
018-11.jpg

Dessert
004-8.jpg

023-7.jpg

How fun! Can you tell me how you made the tissue paper flowers? I would love to do that with my Daisy Girl Scout Troop to use as centerpieces for our award ceremony.

You are so creative. I think my daugther and I are going to do a mommy/daugther only trip this year in Oct. for a few days and if we do I will start doing these. We did a Chinese New Year one this year and my daugther had a blast and my sons tolerated it. :rotfl: They enjoyed the food at least. So I think I will give it another try and least the boys will get some createive food.

How fun! Can you tell me how you made the tissue paper flowers? I would love to do that with my Daisy Girl Scout Troop to use as centerpieces for our award ceremony.

You are so creative. I think my daugther and I are going to do a mommy/daugther only trip this year in Oct. for a few days and if we do I will start doing these. We did a Chinese New Year one this year and my daugther had a blast and my sons tolerated it. :rotfl: They enjoyed the food at least. So I think I will give it another try and least the boys will get some createive food.

Here's a link to a You Tube video that explains it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6QBG6IhX0

I hadn't made them in forever so I had to google it!

I'm lucky that my little guys enjoy them so much, my oldest like your DSs tolerates them:lmao:

So we have had a blast with this the last couple of weeks. Any ideas for a " POFQ Night"? I'm using our PO glasses to fill with fruity drinks for the kids (and banana cabanas for the adults). Think I'll go pick up beads and coins from the party store, but am needing some food ideas that the kids will enjoy.

Thanks!:)

So we have had a blast with this the last couple of weeks. Any ideas for a " POFQ Night"? I'm using our PO glasses to fill with fruity drinks for the kids (and banana cabanas for the adults). Think I'll go pick up beads and coins from the party store, but am needing some food ideas that the kids will enjoy.

Thanks!:)

I think any kids of New Orleans type food would be good. For our Princess and the Frog night I made gumbo, I found a great Paula Deen recipe for it. For my picky eaters I made crabcakes and got a rotissierre chicken from the store. You could also try jambalaya or crawfish, red beans and rice and beignets for dessert!

We're going to Disney in a couple of months, so I am starting back up with our Disney Movie Nights. First up, Lilo and Stitch this weekend. We are so excited about it...

Now, we saw that next week Disney Channel will be showing Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, so we are thinking of adding that to our list. Does anyone have any ideas for it? So far, I have pink decorations, pink lemonade, and fancy pink cupcakes...

Now, we saw that next week Disney Channel will be showing Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, so we are thinking of adding that to our list. Does anyone have any ideas for it? So far, I have pink decorations, pink lemonade, and fancy pink cupcakes...

Awesome idea! I think that I will DVR this and do it as a movie night. DH has to work quite a few nights right before our trip, so this will be something fun for DD & I to do.

ugh! Why does Disney do this to us. My kids love the new Disney Channel Movie Lemonade Mouth. I think I have seen it 5 times in the past 2 weeks. So I thought if we watch it again maybe I can do something fun with it but I am stumped. I figured we would have lemonade to drink and pizza to eat since they played at a pizza place. Maybe we could do something with a Halloween theme since the first time the band plays is at a school halloween dance. Maybe I could put the kids in detention as that is where the kids met for the first time in the movie. :lmao: I will have to look and see when it is on again. We watched part of it last night as the kids had to go to bed before it was over.

Today we had our final theme night leading up to the big reveal night and our trip! We watched Alice in Wonderland and were going to have an outdoor tea party in the backyard but rain forced us to move it inside :( But we made the best of it and still had fun. Started off with watching the movie, the kids have been enjoying camping out in the family room while we watch movies lately so they brought down their sleeping bags and pillow pets for the show. During the movie Christian helped Ben do an Alice puzzle and the kids ate some special snacks. We then had dinner, we had chicken sandwiches, pb&j's shaped like butterflies and stars, pasta salad and Cheshire cat smiles aka cantalope slices. While I did the dishes and cleaned up the kids did their craft. Since we were supposed the be outside the kids decorated fans shaped like hearts. Of course we had no need for fans since today was chilly and rainy but thats ok, they liked their craft all the same lol. After the craft we had dessert which was, you guessed it cupcakes :rotfl: Dessert was Cheshire Cat cupcakes which we ate with tea (aka chocolate milk).
004-10.jpg

Alice and The White Rabbit had their own tea party
003-9.jpg

Snacks
009-9.jpg

006-13.jpg

Candy teacups
005-11.jpg

008-9.jpg

007-6.jpg

013-12.jpg

016-10.jpg

028-11.jpg

027-6.jpg

Craft Time
038-4.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-4.jpg

043-2.jpg

044-3.jpg

Dessert
024-5.jpg

The Mad Hatter?
048.jpg

045-1.jpg

We have been doing Disney Movie Nights for a few months now to help keep the magic alive between trips. We try to do one every Friday, and the whole family has really come to love them.

I'm going to try to post pictures for all of them because all of the wonderful posts (especially the pictures) on this thread have really helped inspire us.

Here's what we did for Peter Pan Night (technically Return to Neverland):

The Movie:
Return to Neverland

The Food:
Pirate Ship Pizzas
Fruit Swords
Pixie Dusted Cupcakes

The Craft:
Decorated the ship sails for our pizzas
Tinkerbell coloring page

I had the darndest time getting my hands on a copy of Peter Pan. The best I could find was a copy of Return to Neverland at the library. None of us had seen it so it worked out just as well.

The kids love to pull together costumes out of things they find around the house. So, my youngest daughter is Tinkerbell, my middle one is a pirate, and the oldest was Tiger Lily. I whipped up a decent Peter Pan hat out of construction paper and my husband was not given a choice--he was Captain Hook.

The kids all put together their own pizzas and then colored their sails while I got the rest of dinner ready.

Tinkerbell really enjoyed sprinkling her pixie dust on the cupcakes for dessert.

After dinner, we popped the popcorn and settled in for the movie.

Fruit Swords:
BG

Pirate Ship Pizzas:
BG

Tinkerbell sprinkling "Pixie Dust" on the cupcakes:
BG

Tink and a "pirate":
BG

Tiger Lily working on her headdress:
BG

Putting the finishing touch on their sails:
BG

The Movie:
Aladdin

The Food:
Fruit Kebabs
Hummus and Pita Bread
Tabouleh
Falafel
Tzatzaki
Couscous
Chicken Kebabs
Rajah Cookies
Baklava

The Craft:
Magic Carpet Placemats

This movie night was all about the food--we had a feast! The carpets were fun to do and the movie is one of our family's favorites!

Our table:
BG

Decorating cookies:
BG

Jasmine (my oldest disappeared and came back down all dressed up):
BG

Kebabs:
BG

Our carpets:
BG

BG

BG

Agent Wendy-What amazing nights you had! I so enjoy how everyone puts their own spin on the evenings events. Your food looks amazing!

The Movie:
Tangled

The Food:
Hazelnut Soup
Braided Bread
Root Beer in Cuddly Duck Mugs
Pascal Cupcakes

The Crafts:
Rapunzel's Braids (yellow yarn)
Colored Flynn Wanted Posters
Rapunzel's Tower
Made paper lanterns
Painted the walls (taped paper to the doorwall)

Rapunzel's Tower:
BG

Painting the walls:
BG

BG

Hazelnut soup and Braided Bread:
async

Pascal Cupcakes:
BG

Rapunzel (she was really into that frying pan):
BG

More Decorations:
BG

BG

BG

We were so proud of our braided bread:
BG

The Movie:
Toy Story 3

The Food:
Peas (Peas-in-a-Pod)
Octo-dogs (Stretch)
Toy Story Mac 'n Cheese
Rocket Ship Breadsticks

The Craft:
Toy Story Teeter Toys (Disney Family Website)
Toy Story Coloring Pages

Teeter Toys:
BG

BG

BG

Dinner:
BG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter