Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Great movie nights, Agent Wendy!!! :thumbsup2 So glad you've decided to post your nights. Can't wait for more.

The Movie:
Double Feature--The Little Mermaid & The Little Mermaid 2

The Food:
Goldfish Crackers
Tuna Melts
Swedish Fish
Cupcakes

I raided my party supply box and found Ariel cups and napkins from 1999:
BG

The Craft:
Paper Plate Fish and Jellyfish

BG

BG

BG

BG

Ariel Crown printable from Disney website:
BG

The Movie:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The Food:
This one was a while ago. For some reason, all I remember is apple pie.

The Craft:
Tissue Tube Dwarfs (Disney Family website)

These were so fun to make:
BG

BG

This tasted way better than it looked:
BG

Snow White enjoying dessert during the movie:
BG

The Movie:
The Princess and the Frog

The Food:
Jambalaya
Red Beans and Rice
Frog Apples
Beignets

The Craft:
Mardi Gras Masks

BG

BG

BG

BG

Our Masks:
BG

I decided to be the villain for the night:
BG

The Movie:
Cars

The Food:
Mack & Cheese (Cars Macaroni & Cheese)
Mater's Taters (Tater Tots)
Traffic Light Brownies
Luigi's Chocolate Tires

The Craft:
Road Signs
Coloring Pages

Everyone pitching in to help with dinner:
BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

BG

Found these glasses in the clearance section:
BG

BG

Agent Wendy....adorable pictures! I especially LOVE the 'painting the wall's, great idea!! Might have to steal that one!!!!

Question for those of you that watch the movie before dinner.....when do you do the craft? During the movie?

My kiddos are almost 4 (in a couple weeks!) and we are going to start doing the movie nuts either once a month or once every other week, but I know they won't be able to stay awake for a whole movie after dinner, so I want to have us watch it before.

Thanks!!

Question for those of you that watch the movie before dinner.....when do you do the craft? During the movie?

My kiddos are almost 4 (in a couple weeks!) and we are going to start doing the movie nuts either once a month or once every other week, but I know they won't be able to stay awake for a whole movie after dinner, so I want to have us watch it before.

Thanks!!

For the most part we watch the movie before dinner. Even though my kids are 8, 7 and 4 they are still usually in bed by 8pm every night so watching a movie after dinner does not always work for us. I usually have the kids either do the craft in between the movie and dinner (in the kitchen while I'm cooking) or between dinner and dessert.

Thanks!!

We like doing ours on the weekend...the weeknights are so rushed and busy most of the time that it is a nice slowing break on Saturday or Sunday...usually we do the activity midafternoon (if we do one, I have 2 older and 1 younger...so I have to have something that will appeal to both ends). Then we fix dinner and as a treat get to eat dinner while watching the movie and then have the grand finale after the movie.

Thanks!!

We watch the movie and eat dinner at the same time. Then we do our crafts and games afterwards. We always do our movie nights on the weekends, so we start usually mid-afternoon.

Here is our latest movie night: Tangled. What an adorable movie! :lovestruc

Tasha5Xavier8TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

TangledMovieNight-Table-April2011.jpg

Rapunzel's Tower
TangledMovieNight-Castle-April2011.jpg

Floating Lanterns
TangledMovieNight-PaperLanterns-April2011.jpg

Rapunzel's Hair (I had actually just made this for my son's class to use in their class play, so it worked out great to use again for our party.)
TangledMovieNight-Hair-April2011.jpg

Food & Sun Flags
TangledMovieNight-Food-April2011.jpg

Rapunzel's Hair (buttered noodles)
TangledMovieNight-Noodles-April2011.jpg

Rapunzel's Braids (canned breadsticks stretched and braided)
TangledMovieNight-Breadsticks-April2011.jpg

Salad (My daughter asked me what this was, I said "salad". She said "I know it's salad, but what is it?" She was disappointed it didn't have a neat name. Oops, I guess I won't make that mistake again.)
TangledMovieNight-Salad-April2011.jpg

Jello Boats
TangledMovieNight-Jello-April2011.jpg

Frying Pan Chocolate Cake
TangledMovieNight-Cake-April2011.jpg

Tasha5Xavier8-eating-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Games/Activities in next post...

Coloring/Activity Booklet (while my husband and I cleaned up dishes the kids did this four page booklet. My daughter is also wearing a crown I made and pulled out during the movie.)
Tasha5picture-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Pin The Nose On Flynn Rider (I printed this coloring sheet onto a transparency and then used my projector to trace it onto a piece of posterboard. I cut out various shaped noses and let the kids choose which nose they used.)
TangledMovieNight-Poster-April2011.jpg

Tasha5PinTheNose-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Xavier8PinTheNose-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Hide And Seek With Pascal (used three different colored paper Pascals and took turns hiding them. It was fun to try and camouflage him around the room.)
Tasha5FindPascal-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Xavier8FindPascal-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Untangle Rapunzel's Hair (I took one roll of yellow crepe paper and made a tangled maze around our house for each of the kids to untangle. At the end they found a small prize.)
Xavier8HairMaze-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Tasha5HairMaze-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Frying Pan Catch (The kids were each armed with a frying pan and tried to catch the colorful pom-poms we threw in the air.)
Tasha5FryPanGame-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Xavier8FryPanGame-TangledMovieNight-April2011.jpg

Dinner & a Movie Night:
Honey, I Shrank the Kids
May 28, 2011

moivetitle.jpg

Boy this movie is a blast from the past to the 80s. I remember seeing this movie at the theater. As we watched, I had to laugh at all the 80s clothes and hairstyles. Remember when Rick Moranis was a HUGE actor…I wonder what has happened to him. The one thing I am getting from all these older movies (dare I say older…cause that makes me old) is that technology has come A LONG way when it comes to making movies!

This was a pretty quiet and easy movie night (making up for not having one last week). Boo went to a boy’s sleepover after school and Jeff (dh) went to out cabin in New Mexico with 2 of his cousins and a friend to open up the cabin for the summer, as well as to celebrate his birthday with a little fishing.

Activity:
We made shrinky-dinks. I outlined a few pages from so of Goo’s favorite coloring books (Pokemon and Lightning McQueen) for him to color. Ab decided to trace the elblems off her favorite books…Hunger Games Series (and was nice enough to let Goo color one of them). The kids decided they were going to hang them off their backpacks and pull tags.

joshrinky.jpg

joanabshrinky.jpg

shirnky.jpg

Dinner:
Mini Cheeseburgers, Mini tortilla chips, Mini Rootbeers, and Mini ice cream cones

dinner.jpg

icecream.jpg

We did a Tangled night a couple of weeks ago. We had fun with this one too!

ry%3D400

Our menu said:
Rapunzel's Angel hair pasta
Mother Gothel's spaghetti sauce
Flynn's chicken strips
Pub Thug's braided bread and cheese
Maximus' apples
Pascal's cupcakes (didn't get to make these)
ry%3D400

Everything was served in frying pans :goodvibes
For our activites, we colored Flynn's Wanted posters and made 3-D Pascals. I can't find my picture of Pascal but here's the kids coloring...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And the center piece I made:
ry%3D400

After the kids were all done, we hung up the pictures. You can also see my Rapunzel hair braid.
ry%3D400

We did our first movie night last night!! It was a HUGE hit, the kids were so excited!!! We started with Peter Pan because that has been my kids favorite for awhile now. We colored pirate ship flags and attempted to make Michael's teddy bears - that turned out to be a 2 day craft we'll have to finish today.
We had a blast. We had pirate ship pizzas, pirate's gold (corn) and fruit swords. For dessert we made pixie dust cookies, with extra sugar (pixie dust) and colored sprinkles the kids put in the batter.

We'll definitely be doing more, it was so fun to do and plan! Here's some pictures :)
The kids helping me decorate.
IMG_0848.jpg

Making pixie dust cookies
IMG_0863.jpg

Coloring pirate ship flags
IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

The completed table
IMG_0884.jpg

Doing ARGGGGGGGGGG with fruit swords :)
IMG_0911.jpg

Eating pixie dust cookies
IMG_0915.jpg

The kids thought the gold pirate coins made 'hidden Mickey's'.....they are Disney kids :)
IMG_0918.jpg

Making Michael's teddy bears.
IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

Dinner & a Movie Night:
The Incredibles
May 22, 2011

IMG_6601.jpg

The kids and I decided to squeeze in another movie while Jeff was away for the weekend fishing for his birthday. We had planned to do a double feature with Spiderman…and do the whole superhero theme, but in the end we just did 1 movie (and that was enough for me).

I like this movie. We all get a kick out of Jack-Jack in the end turning into a little devil…Boo thinks that Jack-Jack is Goo (a hidden little devil). I have to say I love the banter between Mr. Incredible and Elasta-Girl.

Activity: We made ourselves into super hero paper dolls and of course Goo had to have a cape and mask.

IMG_6591.jpg

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Dinner: Super Hero Sandwich, Mr. Incredible Dip & Chips, Very Violet Berry Salad, PowerAde…and for dessert Superhero Bomb Pops

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

So our latest movie night was Dinosaur, I movie I didn't even know existed. After finding out about it I decided it would be a fun one to do since there is the Dinosaur ride at AK. Along with all the other dinosaur theme stuff there as well.

DinosaurMovieNight-Table-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8May2011.jpg

For dinner we had...
Carnivore's Delight (chicken legs)
DinosaurMovieNight-CarnivoresDelight-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Eggs (loaded baked potatoes)
DinosaurMovieNight-DinosaurEggs-May2011.jpg

Herbivore Salad
DinosaurMovieNight-HerbivoreSalad-May2011.jpg

Fossil Bread
DinosaurMovieNight-FossilBread-May2011.jpg

Swamp Goo (pistachio pudding)
DinosaurMovieNight-SwampGoo-May2011.jpg

Prehistoric Blood (fruit punch)
DinosaurMovieNight-PrehistoricBlood-May2011.jpg

Dessert : Lava Cakes (chocolate cake baked in popover pans, frosting)
DinosaurMovieNight-LavaCakes-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Tasha5-LavaCake-May2011.jpg

Drink Charms
DinosaurMovieNight-WineCharms-May2011.jpg

After dinner and the movie we moved onto activities and games. The first was making fossil necklaces.
DinosaurMovieNight-Necklace-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8-Necklace-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Egg Toss
DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8-EggToss-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Fossils (made homemade playdoh brown and used toy dinosaurs to make imprints)
DinosaurMovieNight-Playdough-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Hunt (I made little books with ten different stamps on alternating pages. Then I hid the stamp, ink pad and a dinosaur in each of ten various places around the house. The kids had to find the correct stamp, in order, then stamp it in their book.)
DinosaurMovieNight-DinoHunt-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8-DinoHunt2-May2011.jpg

T-Rex Model (we attempted to put together as a family, although it was more of a one person job.)
DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8-TrexModel-May2011.jpg

It was another fun movie night! Next up, A Bug's Life.

So our latest movie night was Dinosaur, I movie I didn't even know existed. After finding out about it I decided it would be a fun one to do since there is the Dinosaur ride at AK. Along with all the other dinosaur theme stuff there as well.

DinosaurMovieNight-Table-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8May2011.jpg

For dinner we had...
Carnivore's Delight (chicken legs)
DinosaurMovieNight-CarnivoresDelight-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Eggs (loaded baked potatoes)
DinosaurMovieNight-DinosaurEggs-May2011.jpg

Herbivore Salad
DinosaurMovieNight-HerbivoreSalad-May2011.jpg

Fossil Bread
DinosaurMovieNight-FossilBread-May2011.jpg

Swamp Goo (pistachio pudding)
DinosaurMovieNight-SwampGoo-May2011.jpg

Prehistoric Blood (fruit punch)
DinosaurMovieNight-PrehistoricBlood-May2011.jpg

Dessert : Lava Cakes (chocolate cake baked in popover pans, frosting)
DinosaurMovieNight-LavaCakes-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Tasha5-LavaCake-May2011.jpg

Drink Charms
DinosaurMovieNight-WineCharms-May2011.jpg

After dinner and the movie we moved onto activities and games. The first was making fossil necklaces.
DinosaurMovieNight-Necklace-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8-Necklace-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Egg Toss
DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8-EggToss-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Fossils (made homemade playdoh brown and used toy dinosaurs to make imprints)
DinosaurMovieNight-Playdough-May2011.jpg

Dinosaur Hunt (I made little books with ten different stamps on alternating pages. Then I hid the stamp, ink pad and a dinosaur in each of ten various places around the house. The kids had to find the correct stamp, in order, then stamp it in their book.)
DinosaurMovieNight-DinoHunt-May2011.jpg

DinosaurMovieNight-Xavier8-DinoHunt2-May2011.jpg

T-Rex Model (we attempted to put together as a family, although it was more of a one person job.)
DinosaurMovieNight-Natasha5Xavier8-TrexModel-May2011.jpg

It was another fun movie night! Next up, A Bug's Life.

What awesome ideas you have!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter