Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerfan2012

tigerfan2012 Mouseketeer

So is POR Riverside taking part in Fastpass+ testing in Sept or something? I can now choose fastpass options during my stay Sept 26th-29th. I didnt have this ability before. Does that mean we get magic bands too?

Also I see where my son who is 18 months doesnt have an option for fastpass Im guessing we just bring him with us and he doesnt need a FP right?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WyoMickey

WyoMickey Earning My Ears

Andre, this is excellent. Love your room panoramas and can't wait to see more like these of the resorts. Well done!

4. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Please read back through the last four days of posts on this thread. POR will begin Magic Band / FP+ testing on 3rd Sept. There is some talk about problems with FP+ bookings after 28 Sept - were you able to book any for 29th Sept?

Anyone under three (who does not need a ticket) should be able to accompany their parents into FP+ rides I assume.

Andre

5. DISNEYGAMMIE

DISNEYGAMMIE Mouseketeer

Good morning! Putting in my room request fax this morning for Friday arrival.

We have a Royal room garden view reserved, what would be the best corner room request to be near the pool and the lobby?
    I am looking at the map of rooms and there are so many :confused:

Thanks for your help!

6. TooBoyz4us

TooBoyz4us DIS Veteran

Andre, when you do set up your pin number? When you order the bands or at check-in ?

Thanks!

7. lazer

lazer DIS Veteran

We set ours up when we ordered. I also read you can change the pin at check-in.

8. TooBoyz4us

TooBoyz4us DIS Veteran

I agree!!! :thumbsup2

Great work Andre! Something else wonderful for me to drool over until our vacation time :cool1:

9. andrewilley

Don't overthink it, just ask for any corner room as near as possible to the pool and the lobby. If you start asking for particular room numbers, you might be out of luck and find it's already occupied (or maybe even out of use).

Andre

10. gmi3804

gmi3804 DIS Veteran

Stack the deck in your favor. Do a bit of research about where your "good rooms" are, so you can word the request with the best possibility of getting what you want. Then, if you're assigned something you don't care for, you'll already know what you want, and how to ask for it. Follow the guidelines in Andre's excellent piece: http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

11. andrewilley

I shot a number of panoramas around Riverside while I was there, and also got one of the new POFQ lobby.

Here's one from the Riverside bridge between the main building and Ol' Man Island that I've just finished working on. I've created HQ versions too, plus Quicktime files for the Flash-challenged iPeople:

Flash: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.swf
    Quicktime: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360.mov
    Flash HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.swf
    Quicktime HQ (big file): www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-Main-2013-2752-pano360_HQ.mov

Andre

12. tigerfan2012

tigerfan2012 Mouseketeer

Thanks.

No I am not able to book anything on the day I leave which is the 29th. Which would be nice to have with wanting to go to a park before ME takes us to the airport.

I did do the trick of redoing the check in and I was able to set up the magic bands. Not sure why they are sending my son a magic band but I will see if he will wear it.

13. andrewilley

Maybe you could hold him up against the door lock when he's asleep in your arms to avoid disturbing him when you get back to the room? :)

Andre

14. 4butlers

4butlers DIS Veteran

Great! Thank you!

15. TarrahA

TarrahA Mouseketeer

I was able to do the re-check in trick & then customize my magic bands - my dates are 9/28 - 10/05. I was not able to select any FP+ options.

I did have an issue with the bands when I customized - my DBF & DD were switched. On the first page it would show DBF name, then when I clicked to customize it, that page showed DD name. I customized & saved, then summary page shows DBF name, but under the magic band, shows DD name - wires got crossed somewhere...I'm not going to call IT right now b/c I haven't received an official invite yet & doubt they'd help me at all without that - is that reasoning correct or should I call? I was hoping I could just customize them as is & just have the privileges added/changed when we check in at POR front desk - can this be done or is this an IT issue that should be resolved before they ship...?

FWIW - the site said I had until Aug 28th (30 days out) to customize my bands, but if the invites are going out at 18 days prior, I may not be able to get IT to help before they ship, if I'm correct in thinking they won't help w/o an official invite....

16. Squishyfan

Squishyfan Earning My Ears

Hi all just found this thread today and was ecstatic to find out how to book BOG lunch reservations!!!! Thanks!!!:)

We're at POR from 23rd sept in RR garden view and our only request is a non connecting room!! Does anyone have info on the connecting rooms at POR? We had to move rooms last yr during our honeymoon at AKL due to noise and dont want to make that mistake his year!!! :thumbsup2

Any help appreciated!!! Red MB holder. :cool1:

17. bigmac5

bigmac5 DIS Veteran

absolutely beautiful. I made myself dizzy twirling around. I can hardly wait--2 weeks today I will arrive

18. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

We've stayed in connecting rooms at various resorts, never a problem. Two weeks ago we had one at POFQ, again no problems.

19. HiMagicFan

HiMagicFan DIS Veteran

I would call anyway - cuz if they wanted us to wait until 18 days out when we get the email then they should have locked us out, right?:rotfl2:
    They should know Disney fanatics jump on things as soon as possible....just look at all those people who were up and at'em to get the F&W ressies on the phone and waited 4 hours:rotfl2:

Based on your experience, I just figured out that in order to get my MB I will need to check in online. I was not going to do that since I had two ressies - one after the other and was gonna check in at Front Desk so I could request the same room and not have to move. Buuuttt if I want my MB now rather than later, I guess I am gonna cave and do the online c/i.

20. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

I'm checking in to POR September 5th and just received my 5:15pm by UPS delivery. I also received an email at 2:05pm with the same exact information. I posted pictures of the envelope and flyer on the "Any September Guests received FP+ testing invite?"

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49331786&postcount=1960

21. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

What day did you customize your MBs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.