Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't overthink it, just ask for any corner room as near as possible to the pool and the lobby. If you start asking for particular room numbers, you might be out of luck and find it's already occupied (or maybe even out of use).

Andre

Thank you Andre, I faxed using the GotFreeFax website and am now wondering if anyone got it at the resort. I've never used that service before.
Is that the one everyone was using successfully?

I did as you said and kindly requested early check in to get the most of the day for my Granddaughter's 10th birthday trip on the first floor, corner room with 2 windows, close to pool and lobby if possible. And that I paid for a Royal room, garden view.
I just hope they do get the fax as you have noted they don't always confirm by e-mail.

Thanks again for your help

1. Rooms close by (not necessary to be connecting or adjoining; same bld, same floor, same general area)
2. Mansion building
3. 1st floor (due to mobility issues; may have a scooter)
Possibly a 4th, but this may not make sense if requesting the mansions
4. Close to food court (again due to mobility issues)

Sounds fine to me, send your request about 5 days before the start of the first booking (which should already be linked anyway). "Same floor/general nearby area" is what Disney regards as "adjoining" anyway.

I did as you said and kindly requested early check in to get the most of the day for my Granddaughter's 10th birthday trip on the first floor, corner room with 2 windows, close to pool and lobby if possible.

Asking for particular features and then asking for early check-in are not always very compatible concepts - early check-in tends to mean getting any room that has been vacated early and is clean and ready for you (unless they can find one that was empty the day before, anyway) which may limit the available feature choices. You are more likely to get location requests if you don't particularly mind when you get access to the room.

You should have received a confirmation report that the fax has been delivered I would have thought?

Andre

During online check in, is there an option to select or a way to note you'll be arriving early (day of check in)?

We leave POR tomorrow and I just wanted to check in and say how much I have fallen in love with this resort. It is so beautiful. Our room is in Magnolia Terrace and it is so convenient to everything. Busses have been touch and go but I really think it has just been bad luck. It seems everywhere we are headed, several other buses from all three other parks come and go before ours shows up. But again, just bad luck because there is a constant stream of busses. Spending the morning at the pool and then hoop de doo and Magic Kingdom tonight.

Not arriving until Nov. -- but reading through the last few days activity in this thread leaves me w/ a few questions.

It seems that we'll likely have the bands -- so I'm guessing that I should call Disney and see if they can fix our MyDisneyExperience since it has members of our party having multiple 10 day PH/WP tickets and still has our oldest ds that isn't going listed. Do we then get an e-mail to do the MagicBands closer to our leave date?

What if we had wanted to pick up tickets a day early since we'll be at AOA our first day - can we still use the MagicBands or will that not be an option?

With the new RFID cups -- can you mix drinks at one time or am I understanding that once you stop filling it you can't get more for 3 minutes? My youngest ds normally puts every single type in his cup at once -- I know gross and disgusting but he's ADHD/OCD/SPD and it's his routine --- so I need to begin now preparing him if that won't be an option.

We have two royal rooms at POR, my TA requested one refrigerator for medical needs, do I need to note that as well when I do on-line check-in?

How is the food-court at POR w/ noting allergy info? In particular nuts.

Thanks in advance.

During online check in, is there an option to select or a way to note you'll be arriving early (day of check in)?

Yes! I just did our online checkin today, and it asked for the times we would be arriving and departing.

Yes, you enter your estimated arrival time as part of the online checkin process.

Well that seems like a great place for a room! :scratchin

It was, did you watch the webcam I streamed of the view?

Not arriving until Nov. -- but reading through the last few days activity in this thread leaves me w/ a few questions.

I wouldn't worry too much about your MDX account as yet, there's a lot of testing between now and November. But if it's still an issue closer to the time, get in touch with them.

I doubt you'll be able to get a Magic Band set up for early ticket-only use, but you never know.

You can mix drinks with the Rapid Fill system, it knows if you've stopped the flow and thus only used half of your fill capacity in the first go.

In Nov, hopefully fridges will no longer be an issue.

The food court should indeed be able to help you with alergy-related issues. Best to contact them a few days in advance with your needs though.

Andre

I did online check in Wednesday, FP+'s completed on Thursday and did the Magic Bands on Friday. I expected Mickey mail today (and it was right on time, so to speak), since today is 17 days prior to check in Sept 5th.

As of right now my magic bands say they are shipping soon. I have heard that they may arrive about the same time that changes! I should get them in one or two days. I will report immediately!

Tick, tick, tick...:coffee:

5:15am this morning received the shipping email! (I was not sitting up all night waiting for it, honest!) When I checked, MDE in the Magic Bands area says simply, "Shipped to TIMOTHY WILLIAMS."

Now I'll see how long it takes. (Yawn)

9:14am delivered by UPS!
MagicBandsDelivery_zps5b1f1274.jpg

9:14am delivered by UPS!

How exciting! :banana: Did the Magic Band box arrive in plain brown package, or was your address slapped on the side? :scratchin My MBs haven't shipped yet, but I am curious as our kiddos still don't know about our trip next month :cool1: and that fancy-pants box right there might be a dead give-away! ::yes::

How exciting! :banana: Did the Magic Band box arrive in plain brown package, or was your address slapped on the side? :scratchin My MBs haven't shipped yet, but I am curious as our kiddos still don't know about our trip next month :cool1: and that fancy-pants box right there might be a dead give-away! ::yes::

Brown box, totally non-descript. The incredibles box is inside.

Yay! We were able to switch last night from POFQ back to POR and keep our free dining. We were already able to customize the magic bands and they say it is ready for shipping.

Stacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter