Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRUAlmn said:
I'm trying to get more info about the room safes. Portorleans.org says:

•Small wall-mounted key-lock safe (useful for money, credit cards, documents, keys, phone, iPod, etc — but not big enough for laptops or larger cameras)

However, I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed them to keypad safes when they renovated? In other WDW resorts, the keypad safes I've seen are the ones that are more like a drawer, not a space in the wall. Which is the case at POR? I'm trying to figure out if we can take the laptop :) Thanks!!

Not sure about renovated rooms, but the wall safes are not large enough for a laptop.

Thanks for sharing, Andre.

Hope it is not too cold for you today and here is hoping for a warm-up soon. It is certainly very chilly here in GA!!!!

I'm trying to get more info about the room safes. Portorleans.org says:

•Small wall-mounted key-lock safe (useful for money, credit cards, documents, keys, phone, iPod, etc — but not big enough for laptops or larger cameras)

However, I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed them to keypad safes when they renovated? In other WDW resorts, the keypad safes I've seen are the ones that are more like a drawer, not a space in the wall. Which is the case at POR? I'm trying to figure out if we can take the laptop :) Thanks!!

We visited Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou section early Feb 2013 and the safe was still a space in the wall. There was insufficient space for a laptop. However, I locked mine and other electronics in our suitcase.

Have a good trip!

I have a question about the condiments at POR food court. Are they free or do you have to pay for them? And do they have jam/peanut butter and cream cheese? At AKL they were free but someone told me you had to pay extra at POP. I'm thinking for the amt my kids would use I'd be better off buying a full jar if I have to pay .50 a packet.

Thanks for the video Andre, makes me look forward for our vacation the end of May.

Hope you are having a good time and the weather is good. We might get snow here later this week.

We visited Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou section early Feb 2013 and the safe was still a space in the wall. There was insufficient space for a laptop. However, I locked mine and other electronics in our suitcase.

Have a good trip!

I do the same in my Hardshell Luggage. Out of site out of mind.

Not sure about renovated rooms, but the wall safes are not large enough for a laptop.

Have a good trip!

I do the same in my Hardshell Luggage. Out of site out of mind.

Thank you! :thumbsup2 We normally lock things in our luggage too. I've only had one bad experience with it (ironically at POFQ,) but it was 15 years ago, ha! I was a teenager and locked my souvenir money in my luggage. When we got back from the parks the suitcase was open and the money was gone. I guess ever since then I've always been hesitant.

Beautiful view Andre! We have a RGR with a river view booked in April. My hope was to have a view of the water tower like you do! Can I ask your location so I can make a request to be in a similar location?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

One quick question that I just thought of. Does POR offer bedrails? If so, is there an extra charge and when do I make the request? I have already booked our reservation.

One quick question that I just thought of. Does POR offer bedrails? If so, is there an extra charge and when do I make the request? I have already booked our reservation.

Forgot to ask this. Good question. We had them at the poly. Do you just call mousekeeping and ask like at the poly?

A couple more questions after watching the resort video on AllEars :)

It looks as though there's a path/sidewalk from the bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre that goes toward the front of the resort. If we're leaving our room (royal room, so we'd be in one of these two buildings) and going to the South Depot busses, can we go this way, or do we have to go all the way around the back by the marina, through the lobby, and out the front?

Also, the buildings are fully connected, right? Every time I see pictures or videos of Oak and Parterre it looks like there's a 'space' bewteen the middle 3 story section and the two-story wings.

Thanks! :goodvibes

You request them from housekeeping when you check-in and there is no charge.

It looks as though there's a path/sidewalk from the bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre that goes toward the front of the resort. If we're leaving our room (royal room, so we'd be in one of these two buildings) and going to the South Depot busses, can we go this way, or do we have to go all the way around the back by the marina, through the lobby, and out the front?

Also, the buildings are fully connected, right? Every time I see pictures or videos of Oak and Parterre it looks like there's a 'space' bewteen the middle 3 story section and the two-story wings.

The bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre Place conveniently takes you to the front of the Main Building. I find it more convenient for myself, since I travel to DTD every night and back and it is easier to get to the marina as well by going that way.

The buildings themselves are "connected" by the wings with covered walkway areas. However, two separate buildings are not connected together.

If you went across the bridge right between Oak and Parterre that does kind of take you right up behind a utility building and ME Check in. Go around the building to the left and around to the front you will cross infront of ME Check in and you can proceed down the front to the South Depot. Go to the right of that utility building and you go down to the Main building, Food Court, boats, etc...

They are technically connected by the roof and hallway supports, but yes there are hall ways between the center three story section and the 2 story wings but they are covered hallways allowing you to cut through the building in certain areas to navigate the grounds better.

Beautiful view Andre! We have a RGR with a river view booked in April. My hope was to have a view of the water tower like you do! Can I ask your location so I can make a request to be in a similar location?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oak Manor; Parterre Place would be too far away to get a view of the tower.

The bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre Place conveniently takes you to the front of the Main Building. I find it more convenient for myself, since I travel to DTD every night and back and it is easier to get to the marina as well by going that way.

The buildings themselves are "connected" by the wings with covered walkway areas. However, two separate buildings are not connected together.

If you went across the bridge right between Oak and Parterre that does kind of take you right up behind a utility building and ME Check in. Go around the building to the left and around to the front you will cross infront of ME Check in and you can proceed down the front to the South Depot. Go to the right of that utility building and you go down to the Main building, Food Court, boats, etc...

They are technically connected by the roof and hallway supports, but yes there are hall ways between the center three story section and the 2 story wings but they are covered hallways allowing you to cut through the building in certain areas to navigate the grounds better.

Thank you both so much! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter