Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't visited in a few days... Surprised to see a new thread already! :)

D~

How is the hot water lately? During our December 2011 trip the water never got hot enough for me. I always had to rush through the shower with goosebumps the whole time. It wasn't frigid, but not hot. I kept meaning to call maint. but it was always so late. We were in an accessible room (I don't know if that makes a difference).

We have a reservation on Feb 22 for 10 days for a River view Royal Room. Many are requesting Oak manor but I was thinking requesting the North section of Parterre (River view) Am I right that I will be close to the bridge and close to the quiet pool ? Should i request first floor or second floor. I have no strollers and we will be up super early.

Yes, the river view rooms in the northern 'wing' section of Parterre Place are the closest to the bridge for the main building area. However Oak Manor gives slightly better distances for walking to the Ol Man Island pool. Upper floor is fine, it's only two stories and the stairs are conveniently located at the end of the building.

I'm trying to get more info about the room safes.

Just measured it for you. Front doorway gap is 21cm x 30cm, and the size of interior space is 35cm x 24.5cm x 9cm deep. They are manual key safes.

the feed is coming from the Oak Building second floor north river view wing.

Spot on. That row of four rooms all give the same sort of view. Slightly longer walks to other parts of the resort though, as you're half-way between the two river bridges (it took 5 mins from room to the food court this morning for example).

How is the hot water lately?

Perfectly hot enough for us (even when it was very chilly outside yesterday, I didn't have to set the shower up to anywhere near the max).

Andre

I have been watching all day on my 26" led second computer screen.

Buahaha, I am tempted to throw this on to my 46" just to top you ... but I wont :) My trip in May is supposed to be my reward for getting through this semester, and my student's first assignments just came in so marking season has started (it will end late april) ... it was very nice to mark while having the cam playing in the background.

Buahaha, I am tempted to throw this on to my 46" just to top you ... but I wont :) My trip in May is supposed to be my reward for getting through this semester, and my student's first assignments just came in so marking season has started (it will end late april) ... it was very nice to mark while having the cam playing in the background.

Well it is my work screens lol.

Would anyone happen to know a decent grocery store near POR that is open later? The plan right now is for dh to pick up the rental car when we get to MCO and for the kids and I to take Magical Express (they love it!).

We're planning for dh to get the car, and then make a grocery stop for breakfast items, water and snacks on his way to the resort. We land at 8pm so he'll be stopping somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00. We'd like to do it this way so he doesn't have to leave Disney property until it's time to go home. We like staying in the Disney bubble until it's time to go. So the first night would work best if there is something close by or easy to get to on the way:)

Huge shot in the dark here...we just got back from our Port Orleans Riverside vacation. It was a fantastic trip except for a temporary set back in the middle. Our two year old son developed a nasty ear infection and needed antibiotic ear drops. Our pediatrician was willing to call in a script to whatever pharmacy we wanted. The problem was trying to find a pharmacy that had the drops in stock. I spent two days practically crying on the shoulder of the world's most helpful concierge worker because I was so frustrated trying to find this medication. This woman from concierge went far out of her way to help me. I don't know what we would have done without her help.

I'd love to send feedback to Disney about her, because I know how important that is, but in my frazzled state I completely forgot about writing her name down. And, of course, now I can't remember it. All I remember is that she was from New York, she was an older lady-not someone from the college program, her name was short, and she seemed to work the night shift (during the two days, I only saw her there after 5pm.)

I know this a huge long shot, but does anyone know who I am talking about? Anyone there now that would go on a name finding mission? :thumbsup2 It's not the end of the world if I never find her name, but I would love to give her the company recognition that she deserves. :flower3:

Thanks all!

Would anyone happen to know a decent grocery store near POR that is open later? The plan right now is for dh to pick up the rental car when we get to MCO and for the kids and I to take Magical Express (they love it!).

We're planning for dh to get the car, and then make a grocery stop for breakfast items, water and snacks on his way to the resort. We land at 8pm so he'll be stopping somewhere between 8:30 and 9:00. We'd like to do it this way so he doesn't have to leave Disney property until it's time to go home. We like staying in the Disney bubble until it's time to go. So the first night would work best if there is something close by or easy to get to on the way:)

Answered my own question. Andre's site recommends the Walmart on Vineland Road so I've downloaded the maps and will set the GPS in the morning:)

Huge shot in the dark here...we just got back from our Port Orleans Riverside vacation. It was a fantastic trip except for a temporary set back in the middle. Our two year old son developed a nasty ear infection and needed antibiotic ear drops. Our pediatrician was willing to call in a script to whatever pharmacy we wanted. The problem was trying to find a pharmacy that had the drops in stock. I spent two days practically crying on the shoulder of the world's most helpful concierge worker because I was so frustrated trying to find this medication. This woman from concierge went far out of her way to help me. I don't know what we would have done without her help.

I'd love to send feedback to Disney about her, because I know how important that is, but in my frazzled state I completely forgot about writing her name down. And, of course, now I can't remember it. All I remember is that she was from New York, she was an older lady-not someone from the college program, her name was short, and she seemed to work the night shift (during the two days, I only saw her there after 5pm.)

I know this a huge long shot, but does anyone know who I am talking about? Anyone there now that would go on a name finding mission? :thumbsup2 It's not the end of the world if I never find her name, but I would love to give her the company recognition that she deserves. :flower3:

Thanks all!
If nobody is able to help you before I get there I can take a look when we check in on Friday:thumbsup2

My son got very very sick the last time we were at POR and I know what a huge difference it makes to have someone be so kind to you when you are so terribly worried.:)

Thanks all!

I would bet that if you called the resort and gave a description of the person, the times you spoke with her and the station she was at (front desk, concierge, came out of the back office, etc), saying that you want to send a recognition letter, they would be able to look through the past week's records and see who was on the clock at that time.

I would bet that if you called the resort and gave a description of the person, the times you spoke with her and the station she was at (front desk, concierge, came out of the back office, etc), saying that you want to send a recognition letter, they would be able to look through the past week's records and see who was on the clock at that time.

Unfortunately, you cannot call the resort directly. You will be sent to a call center that answers as if they are in the resort. It is all about the illusion that you are speaking to the resort.

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago, when I was at SSR. Two experiences as a matter of fact. One I knew the name, the other I didn't. I sent an e-mail to them from the e-mail address on the Disney website.

They were able to figure out who it was based on the day and time of day I told them; the circumstances, etc. - they have records of who was working - and they were able to pass along my e-mail to her personnel file. Fortunately, the Central Call Center transferred me to the resort, once they realized how sick I was and needed medical attention for severe bronchitis, so they were able to track down who it was I spoke to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter