Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2: so true! We had no intention of renting a car but family decided last minute they didn't want to do buses all week, and didn't want us lugging the stroller on the plane so now we have a rental stroller and car...:rotfl2:I think part of it is they want to be more flexible so they can do their own thing. Now we have the car DH is not thrilled taking the stroller on bus, which I never heard boo about until we reserved the car:sad2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

I have to look the number up on allearsnet but there is a number you can call and describe the item and they can help you find it.

4. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Contact the WDW mail order/guest services email address that's printed on all your receipts, they will be able to arrange it for you.

Andre

5. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

The phone number is 877-560-6477 (toll Free), or you can e-mail at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

6. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

We always try to make it at the bus stop between 7 & 7:15 am for 8 am ADRs. Haven't been late yet....

7. mcever4

mcever4 DIS Veteran

I think I might have asked this before, I can't remember...does the food court have a toaster and microwave you can use even if you don't purchase anything? We are 19 days out :cool1: and I am trying to finish my shopping list. DS wants me to bring biscuits and bagels for him on our non-breakfast days. I don't want to pack all of that if I can't toast or microwave anything!

Thanks so much for any help!
    Robin

8. Backstage_Gal

Backstage_Gal <font color=darkorchid>Let me rephrase the dog ste

Yes they do

9. mcever4

mcever4 DIS Veteran

Thank you!!!

10. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Back with the program here lol... I had to take some time off from a few things.

11. dutchdisneyfamily

dutchdisneyfamily Mouseketeer

Welcome back Venomhatch!

12. SkywayGuy

SkywayGuy Earning My Ears

We're diving this year, and from all I've heard, you'll want the bus for MK. This rings true from our last visit when we stayed off-site. It took an hour to get to our car, having to wade through crowds leaving after the fireworks, wait in line for a ferry, and again for a tram. It was exhausting going home. When you take a bus, you walk over to the bus area and just ride back to POR - much less time. We're planning on driving to Epcot and DHS (if we're in the mood) because it's only a 9 minute or less drive to each, and you can park your car very close to your room at POR. Parking is free at the parks for resort guests.

13. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

Just got back yesterday from an amazing stay at POR! We had paid for a garden view and were unexpectedly upgraded to a Royal Room, which was unbelievable. Really gorgeous decor and a great location in Parterre Place. The buses were very reliable and always showed up within 10 minutes. We made it to rope drop with plenty of time to spare each day. The resort was really beautiful. My mom and I hadn't been to POR since it was still Dixie Landings back in 2000, so a lot has changed, but the feeling the resort gives you is still the same. I feel right at home there.

14. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Thanks

15. Indy Denise

Indy Denise Mouseketeer

My name is Denise and I am a add-onholic.

My "Disney" vacation has grown and grown and grown.

What was supposed to be one night at Universal then 6 nights at POR..has became....( drum roll, please! )

Two nights Universal at Royal Pacific

One night at Residence Inn LBV ( free )

Six nights POR ( package ) Originally 2 rooms ( 4 people in one room, 5 in another...after the sale it became 3 rooms for well, more room! :rotfl2: )

One night at Residence Inn LBV ( free )

Now, I am looking to expand again and moving the Residence Inn for the last night to pre-Universal and making the last night another POR room only booking..or booking a hotel for my pre-Universal stay. I haven't decided yet!

The only thing that did NOT change was the fact it we wanted to stay in POR, we made that decision ( all 9 of us ) jointly. We love the look, the reviews, everything about POR..I stayed in POFQ years ago so I am looking forward to seeing the "other" side. Oh yeah..my ADR's haven't changed ( much ) other than some revamping because I got Wishes Dessert Party ressies the first night and moved my Boatwright's reservation to an earlier time. I am really looking forward to Boatwright's, it seems to be under the rader so to speak.

Online check in in 4 days!!

I sure hope the beer is cold and the hot tub hot at POR because I am going to need it after all of this planning.

16. zabache

zabache DIS Veteran

Glad you had a nice time!

17. zabache

zabache DIS Veteran

Too funny! I've changed some stuff too. Even my DH said to stop.

18. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

Welcome back Venom!!!!
    :yay:

19. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

Everyone has to take off time here and there. Glad to have you back!

Counting the days until check in (hopefully they won't get my reservation mixed up with the other person with the same name as me :)

20. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

does anyone else feel this way, as the date gets closer, you live on Disboards anticipating your arrival?:debwalk::coffee:

21. freckles04

freckles04 DIS Veteran

Yes and I'm five months out... I'm frightened that I will replace sleeping with browsing these boards soon... :guilty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.