Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

I cannot believe we will be at POR in 28 hours! I will post a full trip report upon return! I feel like jumping for joy!!!!!:hyper: I know I will not sleep tonight!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. momofboyz3

momofboyz3 DIS Veteran

ThankYou! It really did help and I will just wait to see what the POR pixies have in store for us!!!! I enjoyed reading your trip report as well :)

4. luvmylatte

luvmylatte Mouseketeer

We will be heading down in 100+ days, but......taking advantage of FD. We are planning on upgrading to POR Rvrsd. From POP. I am going to request Prefered bldg. 18. I have been there a few years ago prior to the refurb. Looking at the new room layout I did not see a dresser. Is there ony an open closet for hanging clothes....no drawers? Or am I missing something?

Even though we are many days out I am sooooooo excited to be going back again. I have had the good fortune of being able to go 3x in 3 years and it really helps me recharge my batteries. Just what the dr. ordered!:banana::banana:

5. emlibs1mom

emlibs1mom Earning My Ears

There is no dresser per se just three small drawers under the Murphy bed. There is an open closet on the vanity area. Check out allears.net for more info and videos of the room.

6. Mom2Cody06

Mom2Cody06 DIS Veteran

There is a few drawers under the tv. If you check you tube I'm sure there is a room tour or two.

We are going in Sept too for FD, I can not wait!

7. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

I got mine yesterday too!

8. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Hey all, we got here on Sunday, and it is AWESOME !!!

Venom, thank you for the fax template and answering many questions, we got the room we wanted. Magnolia Terrace, King, Water view, it is fantastic.

Andre, Thank you for everything you do, for answering questions here and for portorleans.org. Wouldn't have picked this resort without it and we are completely in love !!!

Here is the view from our room !!!

[​IMG]

9. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

WOW....that is an AWESOME view.....we miss POR! We just returned home on Sat and it's an adjustment! Looks like you have SUN too.....LUCKY! Have fun

10. zabache

zabache DIS Veteran

Very pretty view!

11. emlibs1mom

Beautiful pic. Can't wait! What is this fax template you mention? I don't remember reading about it?

12. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

It is on the first page, with all the info about the resort.

13. emlibs1mom

I see it thanks!

14. lillykat

lillykat DIS Veteran

I just want to send a huge thank you to our two resident experts, Andrewilley and venomhatch. I can't say enough andre's site, and comments have made for fun planning. I can't wait 6 days until check in!! Now just to get my two girls over strep.

Venomhatch I faxed the request today and got a very nice email from Mr. Elg, saying we got a second floor connecting room relatively near the footbridge and main building. Thank you so very much for all your help! We got exactly what we requested! Now even more excited. We so need this trip. Between a neverending sick child, and a husband who works very long hours I so need a magical trip.

15. just teachin

just teachin Earning My Ears

I searched the thread for "outlets", and didn't find anything, so here goes:

How many outlets are available in a Royal Guest Room? We're going to have a myriad of things to charge... wondering if we should pack a power strip...?

Thanks!!

16. LovingDisny

LovingDisny I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Received my Mickey mail yesterday! 32 days to go :cool1:

17. emlibs1mom

I'm bringing a small power strip that also has USB ports. There are 3 iPods, 2 iPhones, 1 camera, a battery charger, and 3 DS games for us to plug in. Better be safe.

18. Mom2Cody06

Mom2Cody06 DIS Veteran

Question .... Are the doors at POR metal? Thinking of decorating our room for my son's bday on our next trip. Thanks!

19. JVig

JVig Mouseketeer

I've tried searching around and can't find an answer to this. Does anyone know what time the first buses leave from POR to the theme parks?

Thanks!:cool2:

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Buses start rolling at 6:30am.

21. JVig

JVig Mouseketeer

Phew. OK. I read somewhere that they left one hour before the theme parks opened and started worrying about my early breakfast reservations!!!

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.