• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys.

I have 2 questions regarding the transportation options at POR.

1.) I wanted to schedule a 7:30 breakfast at Boma at AKL. Anyone have an idea how much a taxi would be to AKL?

2.) We have a dinner at Olivia's at OKW resort. Does the DTD boat stop at these other resorts? Or do we go to DTD first, then get on another boat to go back to OKW?

Thanks so much for your help. :)

I have taken the bus over to Olivia's and taken the water taxi back. You take the water taxi from POR to Marketplace. You switch to a water taxi that goes to Pleasure Island stop; then you switch to the water taxi that goes to OKW. It is a nice leisurely ride on the way back, but if you are trying to make a ressie, I would take a taxi on the way and do the boat on the way back.

The Preferred rooms are supposedly AB 14, 15, 18, and 27. The Princess rooms are in the Mansions (90 Oak Manor and 95 Parterre Place). They also now have both water and river views. All of these cost more.

Preferred locations are Alligator Bayou lodges 14, 15, 18 and 27.

Usually South Depot (main building) is first stop then, if the bus is doing the other stops, they will be West, North, East (ie. clockwise) - but there have been reports of some variations (e.g. buses doing the outer depots first, then South).

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!

New AP rates are out for late Aug to Oct 1 and nothing for POR or FQ!
I'm good with free Dining I booked early in the year, and will keep the 2 day park tickets for AP renewal, but still...... Disappointed with new AP rates, much lower then past ones :sad2: and very limited availability.

Really? In B.C.? No, I am from the far east.....or at least as far east as you can get in Canada......NL;). They say misery loves company; welcome to my misery. I don't think we've seen weather this bad in almost 30 years!:eek: I heard someone mention the other day that this has been our coldest June since 1982! We haven't even broken through 20 degrees yet, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully we will see some sun before long. It would be nice to be at least a little used to the sun before we get to Florida.

it's 14 here this morning :sad2: cold, damp & cloudy. bleck. We've had the coldest, wettest spring in recorded history too.

Yes, would be nice to climatize before we get to Florida and die of the heat!!
We've gotten a day or 2 of warmth & sun here & there. Just a tease.

It is the wet coast, but come on!!:eek:

OMG - Sue, I will gladly switch places with you. This the earliest we have had summer (90's every day) in years. I cannot remember a summer when I have had to turn on my air early (before Memorial Day) and cannot leave my windows open at night. This is normally July/August weather.

The global weather is crazy. Roasting in some areas, and drought, and cold, rain & floods in other areas. This has been the coldest, wettest spring in recorded history here. I know the pacific northwest is rainy in spring but this is ridiculous :scared1: Can't believe it's almost July.

Alright guys, although I don't have pics (I know, I know, I'm a terrible Diser!), I got back from a 2 night stay at POR June 22-24. We were in building 82, in the Acadian House area. Half of the parking lot was already closed off in preparation for the refurb and there were already parts of our building that were "closed off" for the refurb. However, I did not hear or see any actual action while we were there, but I'm sure it's underway by now!

Thanks. Here's closer shot of Boatwright's. Love the detail work.
IMG_1313.jpg

Loving the Pics! Getting me excited for our trip. 85 days left to wait.

Now if we can only decide on if we want to be in AB or a refurbished room.... tough one!!

They also added a garden view category next year as well.

Garden view has been used for at least 5 years now. We were given a "garden view" room at Magnolia Terrace/Place in 2006 on our first trip with our DD's, and in 2007,2008 a "garden view" room in Building 16. Although there was no additional charge ( an I don't think an official category, unless internal). Of course, the definition of "garden view" may have changed.

Rekenna! We'll be there at the same time and I'm gonna book my kids on a cruise too. What date is your son going? (My kids are gonna be 6 and 9).

Gabe (DS5) will be setting sail on 10/27 for the Pirate Cruise. I haven't told him yet! pirate:

The title asks it all.

We are family of 5 so I checked it out and for Oct 2012 it let me input a family of 5 to POR and my options were either a Garden View or a Preferred View. So that makes me think they are keeping the trundle beds.

Hoping so or else I don't think we will be able to stay on WDW property after this trip when we all go...keeping my fingers crossed!

Garden view has been used for at least 5 years now. We were given a "garden view" room at Magnolia Terrace/Place in 2006 on our first trip with our DD's, and in 2007,2008 a "garden view" room in Building 16. Although there was no additional charge ( an I don't think an official category, unless internal). Of course, the definition of "garden view" may have changed.

It wasn't an official category, more in lines of a room request. Now it's a bookable category, and of course you pay extra for it :rolleyes:

Alright guys, although I don't have pics (I know, I know, I'm a terrible Diser!), I got back from a 2 night stay at POR June 22-24. We were in building 82, in the Acadian House area. Half of the parking lot was already closed off in preparation for the refurb and there were already parts of our building that were "closed off" for the refurb. However, I did not hear or see any actual action while we were there, but I'm sure it's underway by now!

At last, some news!! :thumbsup2 Did you like Acadian? We have it requested for August. Hope to get a new room :goodvibes I've been in Magnolia Terrace (fav. location so far) and Parterre Pl. at the very end of the building :laughing: Was o.k., but wouldn't be my pic. Nice & close to FQ though!!

We love POR! We honeymooned there in 2000 when it was Dixie Landings and returned with our 3 small boys in 2010 for our 10 year anniversary! It's tough as a family of 5 to find some place to stay, hoping they keep the trundle beds! And I hope to get to stay in the new Royal room someday!! :wizard:

KCmike great pics! Love the details you get. POR is really a beautiful resort, can't wait to return.

it's 14 here this morning :sad2: cold, damp & cloudy. bleck. We've had the coldest, wettest spring in recorded history too.

Yes, would be nice to climatize before we get to Florida and die of the heat!!
We've gotten a day or 2 of warmth & sun here & there. Just a tease.

It is the wet coast, but come on!!:eek:

Lucky you! We've been in triple digits almost all week (100-102 degrees). They're warning everyone to 'stay in out of the heat during the heat of the day'. I walked out to water some flowers the other night and the thermometer I have on a post in my back yard was showing 98 degrees at 7:00pm.:rotfl: We're roasting down here in the south. My air conditioning has been on since April.

We are family of 5 so I checked it out and for Oct 2012 it let me input a family of 5 to POR and my options were either a Garden View or a Preferred View. So that makes me think they are keeping the trundle beds.

Hoping so or else I don't think we will be able to stay on WDW property after this trip when we all go...keeping my fingers crossed!

If you look at the descriptions on the Disney's site, it does list the trundle beds. Where it denotes trundles, it states it is double beds.

If it does not denote the trundle beds, then it says it is queen sized beds.

Time will tell as they start opening up the refurbed rooms.

Lucky you! We've been in triple digits almost all week (100-102 degrees). They're warning everyone to 'stay in out of the heat during the heat of the day'. I walked out to water some flowers the other night and the thermometer I have on a post in my back yard was showing 98 degrees at 7:00pm.:rotfl: We're roasting down here in the south. My air conditioning has been on since April.

Me too - down here just west of New Orleans... High nineties every day.

"The grass is always greener......" or so they say (whoever they are). I am in the same boat as Sue M except I am from waaaay eastern Canada. I think that a happy medium would be nice.....somewhere between what you have and what we have.

50 days until Disney and POR!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter