• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I looked back at an earlier post on this thread and looked up on another site and it says that all of Oak Manor and Parterre Place will be Royal Theme Rooms and Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House will be regular refurn. If people want different style rooms in the mansions they will have to be in dfferent ones.:goodvibes

I will have to check that out; if you divide 512 in half, that is 206 rooms per building. I will have to check to see how many rooms are in those two buildings and see if it adds up.

Between the new categories and the cost of the royal rooms, I cannot see them using up an entire building; people won't be able to afford it.

They will be a mix; therefore, you can book a royal room and they can book a standard room; then you can link the ressies together and ask to be in the same building.

Hmm, are you sure about that? Everything I've heard so far points to all of the 512 new Royal Rooms being located in Oak Manor and Parterre Place, which would mean that all of the 256 rooms in each of those buildings will need to be converted...

Edit:

if you divide 512 in half, that is 206 rooms per building.

Ah, mathematics was not your strong point at school then...? :) :) :)

Andre

IMG_1302.jpg

KC Mike is teasing us with his pics again.....

Ah, you caught my math error.

Which proves why I became an architect.... and not an engineer, which is what my dad wanted me to be.....:lmao:

What a peaceful picture..... Is it August yet? We haven't had any summer here at all so far; just rain, drizzle, and fog which I am truly getting tired of!:headache:

You must be living in my part of the world :laughing: I'm sick of it too. Can't believe it's almost July. Waiting for summer to arrive :rolleyes1

KC Mike is teasing us with his pics again.....

Ah, you caught my math error.

Which proves why I became an architect.... and not an engineer, which is what my dad wanted me to be.....:lmao:

:teacher: math was never my strong point either :sad2: I love staying in the mansions and wonder how this will affect room availibility now if you don't want a princess room. Cuts the room availability by half.

Wow! Still no talk of refurb or any sightings? I was sure we'd see a picture on the sly by now............:lmao:

You must be living in my part of the world :laughing: I'm sick of it too. Can't believe it's almost July. Waiting for summer to arrive :rolleyes1

OMG - Sue, I will gladly switch places with you. This the earliest we have had summer (90's every day) in years. I cannot remember a summer when I have had to turn on my air early (before Memorial Day) and cannot leave my windows open at night. This is normally July/August weather.

:teacher: math was never my strong point either :sad2: I love staying in the mansions and wonder how this will affect room availibility now if you don't want a princess room. Cuts the room availability by half.

I know; I think it is kinda nuts. I can see where people would want several different levels of Royal rooms; standard, garden, water, river, etc.

But to fill two entire buildings is just crazy. I mean I think AB is nice, but I just love the mansions. I am a southern girl and I just love, love, love the feel of that side of the resort.

I just made a reservation for DS5 for the POR Pirate Cruise in October. I love that POR has a marina and he can leave straight from the resort for his adventure. He hasn't done this yet, he will be super excited! pirate:

Really? In B.C.? No, I am from the far east.....or at least as far east as you can get in Canada......NL;). They say misery loves company; welcome to my misery. I don't think we've seen weather this bad in almost 30 years!:eek: I heard someone mention the other day that this has been our coldest June since 1982! We haven't even broken through 20 degrees yet, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully we will see some sun before long. It would be nice to be at least a little used to the sun before we get to Florida.

Im from Toronto....the weather has been nuts lately! Today is FREEZING and windy! Yesterday was ok i suppose, but certainly not 'summer' weather.

I just made a reservation for DS5 for the POR Pirate Cruise in October. I love that POR has a marina and he can leave straight from the resort for his adventure. He hasn't done this yet, he will be super excited!

Rekenna! We'll be there at the same time and I'm gonna book my kids on a cruise too. What date is your son going? (My kids are gonna be 6 and 9).

Okay, I know this information is somewhere in one of these threads, but I just don't have the energy to go hunting for it. (Lazy, much??)

Can anyone tell me where the "preferred" rooms are? I don't want to pay the "preferred" rate but I'd like to, at least, request a good location. In my experience, "good location" is more or less defined by proximity to the bus stop that is typically first on the bus route.

I understand there could be a fair amount of fluctuation but, generally speaking, can any one tell me in which order the bus stops are picked-up/dropped-off??

TIA!

Hey Guys.

I have 2 questions regarding the transportation options at POR.

1.) I wanted to schedule a 7:30 breakfast at Boma at AKL. Anyone have an idea how much a taxi would be to AKL?

2.) We have a dinner at Olivia's at OKW resort. Does the DTD boat stop at these other resorts? Or do we go to DTD first, then get on another boat to go back to OKW?

Thanks so much for your help. :)

Okay, I know this information is somewhere in one of these threads, but I just don't have the energy to go hunting for it. (Lazy, much??)

Can anyone tell me where the "preferred" rooms are? I don't want to pay the "preferred" rate but I'd like to, at least, request a good location. In my experience, "good location" is more or less defined by proximity to the bus stop that is typically first on the bus route.
TIA!

The Preferred rooms are supposedly AB 14, 15, 18, and 27. The Princess rooms are in the Mansions (90 Oak Manor and 95 Parterre Place). They also now have both water and river views. All of these cost more.

Can anyone tell me where the "preferred" rooms are? I don't want to pay the "preferred" rate but I'd like to, at least, request a good location.
I understand there could be a fair amount of fluctuation but, generally speaking, can any one tell me in which order the bus stops are picked-up/dropped-off??

Preferred locations are Alligator Bayou lodges 14, 15, 18 and 27.

Usually South Depot (main building) is first stop then, if the bus is doing the other stops, they will be West, North, East (ie. clockwise) - but there have been reports of some variations (e.g. buses doing the outer depots first, then South).

1.) I wanted to schedule a 7:30 breakfast at Boma at AKL. Anyone have an idea how much a taxi would be to AKL?

2.) We have a dinner at Olivia's at OKW resort. Does the DTD boat stop at these other resorts? Or do we go to DTD first, then get on another boat to go back to OKW?

1. Taxi would be around $15-$20 I think.

2. There are two separate ferry routes, so you can't go direct from POR to OKW. You'll need to get the boat or bus to Downtown Disney first, and then get a different boat or bus back over to OKW.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter