Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at Yacht Club July 25th & 26th then on to POR for
July 27th- August 5th. We LOVE POR and have stayed there numerous times over the last 9 years. We stayed at AB one time and I did not care for it. I did not like the location or the room decorations, but that is just me they weren't horrible. If you experience a dirty room you should always let them know. When we stayed last year I noticed some grime under the handle on the tub in the bathroom, only saw it because I was completely submerged in tub and noticed it as I sat up. SO it wasn't something easy to see. I called the front desk to tell them and head of house keeping arrived and took notes from us, apologized all over the place, and it was cleaned immediately and she sent my son a gift before we checked out. Disney usually takes care of any problems. One time I checked into a room only to find the room had not been cleaned (beds unmade etc) We were given a new room and a that night was no charge for the room!

Thanks for the info about the new rooms at PO Riverside. I really love this resort and think that the refurbishment will make this resort even better. I can't wait to tryout the new Royal rooms! :yay:

So, today's the day! If my sources are correct, today should see Acadian House pretty much emptied of guests and the start of bringing in equipment for the POR refit.

At POFQ, work started in earnest on the Monday mornings rather than the Sunday, so we need our "agents in the field" to report in... :)

Still no one visiting POR at the moment who can confirm if they've started work? Anyone going very soon?

Andre

Is anyone else going towards the end of Aug? We'll be there Aug 20-27.

We'll be there August 21 - September 4th. :banana: I love this thread. It reassures me we are going to enjoy our stay. We were originally booked at POFQ but we switched to POR.

Still no one visiting POR at the moment who can confirm if they've started work? Anyone going very soon?

Andre

Andre-If you are willing to pay my way ;) or if I win the lottery this week I will personally go to POR and report on the refurbs. If I win the lottery I may just live at POR until they are all completed. :earsboy:

We'll be there August 21 - September 4th. :banana: I love this thread. It reassures me we are going to enjoy our stay. We were originally booked at POFQ but we switched to POR.

Us too! We originally booked our stay back in Dec for POFQ but we changed to POR in March sometime. We stayed at POFQ last year and really enjoyed it but we found that we spent a fair bit of time up at POR taking advantage of the extra activities there. Because of this we decided to make the switch and stay there instead this time around.

The pool seems more themed toward older kids than POFQ, they have the surrey bikes, boat rentals, horsedrawn carriage rides, fishing, hair wrapping, the Bayou Pirate Adventure (which our kids really loved), a larger food court, a larger store, and the table service restaurant. I hope that I enjoy POR as much as I enjoyed POFQ!:goodvibes

Andre

Hi Andre,
First off I wanted to say thank you very much for the valuable information you provide on your website and also here on the DIS. :worship: Because of your website we changed our resort reservations (originally booked Pop) last August and stayed at POR for the first time. We have been back twice since then (Oct 2010 and Jan 2011), and are booked again for Sept 29-Oct 9; needless to say we loved the resort.

Secondly to answer your question - In 32 days :yay: we are going to stay at FQ (July 30-Aug 6) as we would like to see first-hand the refursbished rooms. I know my DD will want to swim at the POR pool so I will be sure to check out if the refurb work has started. I will also be curious to explore as I have requested a refurbed room (if availalbe at) at POR for our upcoming trip in the fall. I will report back here and post pictures as well of any goings-on at POR. :)

Wow! So many of us will be there around the same time! Maybe we should try to meet by the pool or something one day. I know my kids would LOVE to meet other kids as well!

They will be a mix; therefore, you can book a royal room and they can book a standard room; then you can link the ressies together and ask to be in the same building. Don't give a preference of one building over another and you will have a better shot at getting your request.

:worship: thank you! This is great news (for us) that all the rooms won't be princess rooms. We love Oak Manor, (and Magnolia Terrace) and thought all the rooms in the selected buildings were going to be Princess rooms, which we have no interest in. My opinion- if I'm going to pay that price, I'll stay at WL! And my dds are adults now, so the Princess theme doesn't excite us. If my dds were young, that would be different.

Andre-If you are willing to pay my way ;) or if I win the lottery this week I will personally go to POR and report on the refurbs. If I win the lottery I may just live at POR until they are all completed. :earsboy:

Sign me up too. i can leave today :laughing: Can't wait to hear about the new rooms. Wish they had pics like the did for the Princess rooms. I sure hope to get a new room in Aug :goodvibes

They will be a mix; therefore, you can book a royal room and they can book a standard room; then you can link the ressies together and ask to be in the same building. Don't give a preference of one building over another and you will have a better shot at getting your request.

Hi I looked back at an earlier post on this thread and looked up on another site and it says that all of Oak Manor and Parterre Place will be Royal Theme Rooms and Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House will be regular refurn. If people want different style rooms in the mansions they will have to be in dfferent ones.:goodvibes

Bobbie, where did you read that? I've been trying to get clarification on this. We will have fellow travelers with us who will NOT want to pay extra for princess rooms and we'd like our rooms to be as close as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter