Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott MC said:
Hey all...
I'm hours away from booking a 9-night stay at POR in a Royal Guest Room, and I think we're going to go for a garden view. Can anyone give me some ideas of where these rooms may be located within the 2 royal mansions? Any requests we should make? I think the only thing we'd really be adamant about is not being on the 1st floor.

TIA!

Garden views will be facing the landscaped gardens.

You can request floor other than first floor.

Missytara said:
It does not matter what floor. Disney uses similar toilets to cruise ships. They are very high capacity flush toilets that cause less issues with toilet back-ups. Thus less interruption to the guests. All you have to do is close the bathroom door and you will not hear it.

Problem solved.

Not true! We heard it through the ceiling and not just the flushing.

RubySlippers said:
My friend just got back from POR. She said they had a FANTASTIC time!:thumbsup2 Crowds were crazy but that was expected.

Buses were great.... wait times were reasonable. Boatwrights and counter service food was good.

Their only minor complaint was that they booked a preferred room and none were available and she does not think the beds in the AB section were true queens. She said they seemed small but comfy.

They were true queens. The headboards were for the old doubles and made them appear to look smaller but once in them dh and I had plenty of room. W sleep in a queen at home and took our usual spots with the same amount of room. I only say that because dh asked me when we first got in the room because they didn't look add big as they were. The Murphy bed was a hit.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends by the way. (If anyone who is at POR at the moment has a chance to check to see if Boatwright's is doing any special meal options today, and maybe grab a photo of the menu, that'd be really useful!)

Andre

We just got back from POR last night. We had a fantastic time! Sorry, didn't gets pics of the menu, but the first evening we were there my (grown) kids came back to the room talking about the person taking pictures of the food in the restaurant. :rotfl: They didn't believe me when I told them it was probably a DISer taking pics to put on here. :rotfl2:

Just wanted to share...80 more days for us!!! :yay::banana:
Cannot wait to get back home to POR. Plane tickets bought, room and dining almost paid for. Now to save up some spending money. This will be tough with Christmas in the way. :rotfl:
Have a great week everyone! :goodvibes

jessic2422 said:
If I order from amazon how far out should I order? What address do I put for delivery? We are in the royal rooms. Thanks!

See the sticky regarding shipping to your resort; definitely follow the instructions, especially the address and carrier.

BOOKED! We will be staying in a Royal Room for 9 nights! We've requested Oak Manor, since we will be travelling with family, who have booked a standard room at the resort. They are going to request Magnolia Terrace, so we can be as close to each other as possible. We did go for the garden view, and my question is this.... Is there any chance we'll be on the side of the buildings facing the main building/river? I know that we've not booked a river view, and I'm not expecting one, but I guess what I'm asking is if all the rooms on the side of the buildings facing the river are considered river view.

TIA!

We did go for the garden view, and my question is this.... Is there any chance we'll be on the side of the buildings facing the main building/river?

Yes, you could well be on the river side of the buildings, not directly overlooking it but to the side for example. Standard view is more likely to be the parking lot side.

Andre

Missytara said:
See the sticky regarding shipping to your resort; definitely follow the instructions, especially the address and carrier.

I am really ignorant, how do I see a sticky. Sorry

I am currently at POR. This is our first time staying at this resort and so far we are very happy with our choice. Check in yesterday was a breeze and we were very surprised when the CM told us our room was ready as we checked in at around 11 am.

Ate dinner last night at Boatwrights and it was fantastic. Everyone of us enjoyed our meals and have now put it on the list of must do's for us.

We had booked a standard room and requested Magnolia. We got our request. Our location is perfect. We drive to the parks so were very happy to see that our room was just a few steps away from our parking spot and we got a coroner room with the two windows looking out at the quiet pool. After staying at CBR last year and experiencing the painfully long walk to the main pool a food court I can't tell how ecstatic we were when on our walk over to Boatwrights we realized we just passed the main pool and had only been walking for a couple of minutes then got to the main building about 2 minutes latter. Hard to believe the preferred rooms are any closer?

The only "cons" to our fabulous first night at POR. We were given an accessible room. I am not 100% sure on this but it seems like we sacrificed some nice features by having this room such as the double vanity and the separate sink and toilet areas. We also do not have the bench and coat rack but a armoire instead. Not sure yet if I like it better or wish I had a typical room. Our corner room right in front of our door is a large green electrical transformer that gives off a large hum noise very noticeable outside but do not notice it here in the room. The one window looks out at a trellises so nice to have the two windows but neither of them really have a view. One other concern so far has proven to be a non issue is that right beside our room is a mouse keeping room. I was worried about hearing carts banging around early in the morning but as of 8am this morning I have not heard a thing.

The pros to this resort far outweigh the minor cons of my room.

Looking forward to a great week. Got to go kids want to go to the pool. You know we are from Canada when it is only 10 degrees Celsius outside and they want to swim.

Hello all! :wave2:

I'm looking for some advice from POR experts. I have made a Chef Mickey reservation for our upcoming May trip for the morning of our departure. Currently I have an 8:30am reservation. Factoring time to get from POR to Chef Mickey. But I'm not sure just how much time we will actually need. I know we will need to first catch a bus from POR to the transportation center then we can either walk or hop a monorail to CR. But what time would we want to try to catch the bus? If we caught a 7am bus would we have enough time? :confused3 Also our return flight leaves MCO at 2:45. I'm under the impression that DME picks up 3 hours before flight, correct? So if we have an 8:30am ressie at Mickey's will we be able to make it back to POR in enough time to get on ME? Or should I have made an earlier ressie?

Thanks!

mommy2jack said:

I'm looking for some advice from POR experts. I have made a Chef Mickey reservation for our upcoming May trip for the morning of our departure. Currently I have an 8:30am reservation. Factoring time to get from POR to Chef Mickey. But I'm not sure just how much time we will actually need. I know we will need to first catch a bus from POR to the transportation center then we can either walk or hop a monorail to CR. But what time would we want to try to catch the bus? If we caught a 7am bus would we have enough time? :confused3 Also our return flight leaves MCO at 2:45. I'm under the impression that DME picks up 3 hours before flight, correct? So if we have an 8:30am ressie at Mickey's will we be able to make it back to POR in enough time to get on ME? Or should I have made an earlier ressie?

Thanks!

Always plan on an hour travel time to be safe. Buses start running at 6:30 am for early adr's, so you will not have a problem.

For a 2:45 pm flight, your bus will leave any time from 11:30 to 11:45 am, so you should leave by 10:45 am, so you have plenty of time.

I am currently at POR. This is our first time staying at this resort and so far we are very happy with our choice. Check in yesterday was a breeze and we were very surprised when the CM told us our room was ready as we checked in at around 11 am.

Ate dinner last night at Boatwrights and it was fantastic. Everyone of us enjoyed our meals and have now put it on the list of must do's for us.

We had booked a standard room and requested Magnolia. We got our request. Our location is perfect. We drive to the parks so were very happy to see that our room was just a few steps away from our parking spot and we got a coroner room with the two windows looking out at the quiet pool. After staying at CBR last year and experiencing the painfully long walk to the main pool a food court I can't tell how ecstatic we were when on our walk over to Boatwrights we realized we just passed the main pool and had only been walking for a couple of minutes then got to the main building about 2 minutes latter. Hard to believe the preferred rooms are any closer?

The only "cons" to our fabulous first night at POR. We were given an accessible room. I am not 100% sure on this but it seems like we sacrificed some nice features by having this room such as the double vanity and the separate sink and toilet areas. We also do not have the bench and coat rack but a armoire instead. Not sure yet if I like it better or wish I had a typical room. Our corner room right in front of our door is a large green electrical transformer that gives off a large hum noise very noticeable outside but do not notice it here in the room. The one window looks out at a trellises so nice to have the two windows but neither of them really have a view. One other concern so far has proven to be a non issue is that right beside our room is a mouse keeping room. I was worried about hearing carts banging around early in the morning but as of 8am this morning I have not heard a thing.

The pros to this resort far outweigh the minor cons of my room.

Looking forward to a great week. Got to go kids want to go to the pool. You know we are from Canada when it is only 10 degrees Celsius outside and they want to swim.

Wow thank you on such a nice review of the resort. Yeah you had an Handicap Accessible room as far as what you have described. Glad you had an great trip overall!

Morning everyone & happy Monday. TWO weeks from today we'll be at the world. :banana: :cool1: I'm nervous to send the email, fax, LOL!!!!

Should the email have any particular title/header? I'll be requesting something probably in bldg 14, on the 1st floor due to our 3 kids and huge double stroller. Any other thoughts? :D

mommycal said:
Morning everyone & happy Monday. TWO weeks from today we'll be at the world. :banana: :cool1: I'm nervous to send the email, fax, LOL!!!!

Should the email have any particular title/header? I'll be requesting something probably in bldg 14, on the 1st floor due to our 3 kids and huge double stroller. Any other thoughts? :D

Did you pay extra for any special room views? I would include that in the fax, too. We arrive in 12 days so we'll be there around the same time. Building 14 is a preferred view...but we did pay for a King room so I'm hoping that gets us in one of those buildings as well!

Thanks!

I think the bus you will need to take to Chef Mickeys is the one to the MK, not transportation center. Then walk or monorail from there. Have fun!

I think the bus you will need to take to Chef Mickeys is the one to the MK, not transportation center. Then walk or monorail from there. Have fun!

Correct. There aren't any buses going from the resorts to the TTC. And you would really have to stretch out your meal or get seated extremely late to have to worry about making it back to POR in time to catch the DME bus for a 2:45 flight. (And yes, the pick-up time is about 3 hours before the flight.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter