Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you pay extra for any special room views? I would include that in the fax, too. We arrive in 12 days so we'll be there around the same time. Building 14 is a preferred view...but we did pay for a King room so I'm hoping that gets us in one of those buildings as well!

Hi Kathy! :goodvibes we paid for preferred which w/a family of 5 and hopefully some pixie dust I'm not sure if it was worth spending the $ on preferred. Is there such a bad spot/room in AB? have not heard back from Mr. Elg pixiedust:

Hello all! :wave2:

I'm looking for some advice from POR experts. I have made a Chef Mickey reservation for our upcoming May trip for the morning of our departure. Currently I have an 8:30am reservation. Factoring time to get from POR to Chef Mickey. But I'm not sure just how much time we will actually need. I know we will need to first catch a bus from POR to the transportation center then we can either walk or hop a monorail to CR. But what time would we want to try to catch the bus? If we caught a 7am bus would we have enough time? :confused3 Also our return flight leaves MCO at 2:45. I'm under the impression that DME picks up 3 hours before flight, correct? So if we have an 8:30am ressie at Mickey's will we be able to make it back to POR in enough time to get on ME? Or should I have made an earlier ressie?

Thanks!

During our trip last month we did the same thing. Our reservation was at 8:45 and we left our room at POR at 7:45. Took the bus to MK and then took the Monorail. I believe our total travel time was 45 minutes.

Hi Kathy! :goodvibes we paid for preferred which w/a family of 5 and hopefully some pixie dust I'm not sure if it was worth spending the $ on preferred. Is there such a bad spot/room in AB? have not heard back from Mr. Elg pixiedust:

I think a preferred room is well worth the cost. Some of the standard rooms are a bit of a hike from the main building. The preferred location wasn't yet an option for our last trip, but I would be all about paying for it if we stay there again.

We are going for a stay in feb. yeah!!! We would love to go take a looking some photos at the AOA resort. Our boys love cars. Was just not in our budget this time around. I wondering what would be the best way to get there

disneygirl2012 said:
We are going for a stay in feb. yeah!!! We would love to go take a looking some photos at the AOA resort. Our boys love cars. Was just not in our budget this time around. I wondering what would be the best way to get there

You can go to any park to transfer to another resort.

Sounds like your having a great time despite the accessible room. I would have asked to be moved. I actually switched our booking from Coronado because we need the double vanity. It's hard for us to get ready with just one sink although we did try it once. Lol, it was crazy.

I quoted someone but my its not there....hmmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I can't tell you how happy reading this thread has made me. I've been going to the World since I was a kid, and am now taking my kids for the second time. This will be my first time EVER staying on site and I can't wait. I did lots of reading and ended up deciding on POR. Then I found this lovely site after, and reading this makes me think I made an awesome decision.

This will be my husband's first Disney trip. Sounds like while having lots of charm POR won't be over the top, or in the face "Disney", which could be a good thing.

Thanks again for all the great information you all have provided for those of us who are first timers!!

Can't wait...POR May 15th-22nd!!!

We checked in on Saturday and we love it here! There are zero complaints about my experience so far. The room was spotless and has been well maintained, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and the overall atmosphere surrounding the resort is something else! I don't know how we will justify staying anywhere else on our future trips. Thanks for all the tips from the board and thanks again for the extra help from Venom. This has been a great vacation so far!

ajordan79 said:
We checked in on Saturday and we love it here! There are zero complaints about my experience so far. The room was spotless and has been well maintained, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and the overall atmosphere surrounding the resort is something else! I don't know how we will justify staying anywhere else on our future trips. Thanks for all the tips from the board and thanks again for the extra help from Venom. This has been a great vacation so far!

I am so jealous. I would normally be there this week, but my mom and I went on a cruise this year.

Saturday, I missed the first night of Yee-hah Bob's Christmas show, and Todd, Holly, and John in the lounge. I wondered what room I would be in. Acadian House. I wondered where did the year go; has it really been one year already? Then I saw the weather all week compared to here.

Luckily, I am going twice next year.

Glad the CMs over at POR are able to make your stay as magical as possible!

Sending my fax in tomorrow morning!!! Hoping for some pixie dust on getting the 3rd floor at Oak Manor!!!!!! We leave a week from Saturday! Cannot.Wait.To.Go!!!!!!!!

Not in the accessible rooms; not enough room with the water closet and roll-in shower configuration.

POR-Room-MBrefurb-85xxA-2011-3540_forum.jpg

Andre

I just got the ok from DH for a trip in 2014 (we just went this Oct).
Now to decided if we do POR again or try something new?!?!
It's a long way off, but he totally just made my day!!!!

So yesterday I sent my email and fax for our room request. What do I do next. Hate to be pushy but do I call? Patiently wait? Give it a few more days? TIA :confused3

So yesterday I sent my email and fax for our room request.

Well two weeks before your arrival is a bit early for all that to be honest (I'd suggest 3-5 days normally) but I guess next you make yourself a nice relaxing drink and look forward to checking in at the hotel soon!

Andre

Well two weeks before your arrival is a bit early for all that to be honest (I'd suggest 3-5 days normally) but I guess next you make yourself a nice relaxing drink and look forward to checking in at the hotel soon!

Andre

LOL. Opppps!! I thought I was told to do the fax 2 weeks before our trip. Oh oh. so am I not suppose to do early/10 day check in? What are the pros/cons to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter