Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and did on-line check in and just faxed my request for one of the mansion buildings, preferably Magnolia Terrace. Here's to hoping!

Thanks again for the wealth of information!

Good luck! I've had rooms both in Magnolia Terrace and in Acadian House on either side of the quiet pool. Our last stay in Acadian, we could see our prev. Magnolia Terrace room. Great locations!

I want to give a huge thanks to Venomhatch! We arrived on Sunday and with his advice and information we have a wonderful room. We also received some major pixie dust and were upgraded to preferred building 14. With has been wonderful so far. Thanks again!

How far is the walk from the Royal rooms to POFQ? I'm considering a standard view Royal room. Thanks.

I want to give a huge thanks to Venomhatch! We arrived on Sunday and with his advice and information we have a wonderful room. We also received some major pixie dust and were upgraded to preferred building 14. With has been wonderful so far. Thanks again!

Glad to hear!!! I am please you got that soo much.

I'm 8 days away from our trip and can hardly wait! This will be our first time staying at POR. we're booked for a Royal room - the main attraction for me is the headboards. :rotfl: I don't know where to request, so will probably not make any special requests.

Bee2u said:
I'm 8 days away from our trip and can hardly wait! This will be our first time staying at POR. we're booked for a Royal room - the main attraction for me is the headboards. :rotfl: I don't know where to request, so will probably not make any special requests.

I don't know what room category you booked, but center of the building was very convenient for us when we stayed in a RR in Parterre Place in August. We loved the proximity to the elevator, parking lot ( we had a rental), walking by the garden and fountain going from/ to our room, and quick walk to the bridge to south depot and main buildings.

I don't know what room category you booked, but center of the building was very convenient for us when we stayed in a RR in Parterre Place in August. We loved the proximity to the elevator, parking lot ( we had a rental), walking by the garden and fountain going from/ to our room, and quick walk to the bridge to south depot and main buildings.

O.k. you've got me now:) You helped me out the other day and now I see this post and it helped me again :goodvibes I didn't want to give up the garden view but at the same time we are also renting a car and I didn't want to be too far away from the parking lot:upsidedow You mentioned proximity to the elevators, which floor were you on? We usually request ground level but DH was wondering if we should get an upper floor due to the noise factor. Anyhow, sorry for rambling :blush: I guess I'm just getting so excited and I don't really have anyone to talk to since DH doesn't really get into the planning portion :(

Hi, we just booked a very last second trip to Disney for this upcoming weekend. We booked a garden view room and the CM I worked with, noted on our reservation that we would like to be in bldg 85 and close to buses. Just checking to make sure this was a good request. After reading through this thread I am wondering if the experts here may have more specifics for me. Our main priority is to be as close as possible to the pool and food court without paying extra for preferred. Is there anything more or less that I should request. I see that sending a fax a few days before may help, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I just wanted to jump in to say I am so excited to stay at POR in less than 2 weeks!!!! Tomorrow is online check-in day! :cheer2: My DH and I stayed here on our adults only 10th anniversary trip 3 years ago, and are really looking forward to experiencing the resort with our 2 kiddos this time. :)

We booked a garden view room and the CM I worked with, noted on our reservation that we would like to be in bldg 85 and close to buses. Just checking to make sure this was a good request.

Sounds good to me. Alligator Bayou 16 or 17 would also be good choices, but 85 (Magnolia Terrace) is good for access to the pool, especially if you get the northern wing area. 80 (Acadian House) wouldn't be a bad choice either, but you'd need to ask for the southern end closest to the Ol Man Island bridge. See the map in the first post for more details.

Andre

Hey guys- I've gone back and haven't found anything definitive, so wonder if you can answer something for me.

We aren't "sit down and eat" breakfast people, instead, choosing to have a quick eat in the room and then make it to the park well before rope drop. I'm curious to see if the food selection on site is comparable to what we found @ CBR 2 years ago.

Specifically-
1) Gallon of Milk
2) Gallon of OJ
3) Box of donuts (full size) or muffins.

Are any/all of these available and if so, are the prices that much higher than what you'd find with Garden Grocer? I'm figuring out that everything else we need, i.e. water, juice boxes, snacks can be purchased and delivered by Walmart, so it's only the items listed above that really need to be addressed.

Thanks so much!

I'm curious to see if the food selection on site is comparable to what we found @ CBR 2 years ago.

Very similar, yes. Not sure about gallons of OJ, but you can get lots of other things - see the gallery pictures at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POR-Main.php for some ideas of what the shop sells.

Do remember that this is a hotel rather than a campsite or vacation property though, so they probably aren't expecting people to be stocking up on groceries for a home-away-from-home situation. And yes, anything you buy in the hotel shop will be a bit more expensive than from a supermarket.

Andre

Is steak one of the items available for the POR CS make your own salad? At home I use leftover flank steak in our salads quite often. Could you tell me some of the other items available. I'd be especially interested in spinach, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, cheese and hard boiled eggs. I can't eat cucumbers, peppers, raw onions or tomatoes.

Today is our 90 day mark so I'm cheering :cheer2:
I believe all the items you mentioned are at the salad area. It seems familiar, but maybe one of our friends from the thread here can take a pic for you. ;)

Wonderful!!!! :goodvibes

Are any/all of these available and if so, are the prices that much higher than what you'd find with Garden Grocer? I'm figuring out that everything else we need, i.e. water, juice boxes, snacks can be purchased and delivered by Walmart, so it's only the items listed above that really need to be addressed.

Thanks so much!

I've heard of Garden Grocer and thought about using them when we go in May for ordering diapers and snacks. But I never thought to order from walmart... how do you do that? Just order from their website and put in the POR address? How do you estimate shippping time? We have never stayed on WDW property with kids before and we are not planning to have a rental car so I'm considering all options for delivering some of the basics for our trip to us. Thanks! :yay:

Very similar, yes. Not sure about gallons of OJ, but you can get lots of other things - see the gallery pictures at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POR-Main.php for some ideas of what the shop sells.

Do remember that this is a hotel rather than a campsite or vacation property though, so they probably aren't expecting people to be stocking up on groceries for a home-away-from-home situation. And yes, anything you buy in the hotel shop will be a bit more expensive than from a supermarket.

Andre

Thanks Andre- those are exactly the photos I was looking for.

I've heard of Garden Grocer and thought about using them when we go in May for ordering diapers and snacks. But I never thought to order from walmart... how do you do that? Just order from their website and put in the POR address? How do you estimate shippping time? We have never stayed on WDW property with kids before and we are not planning to have a rental car so I'm considering all options for delivering some of the basics for our trip to us. Thanks! :yay:

I've used Garden Grocer a few times and had great luck with them.

I haven't used walmart before, but have heard from others on here who have, that you simply need to give yourself enough time to order and that the hotel will hold whatever is delivered until you check in. The only bummer is that for things like Milk, OJ, fresh food etc, you can't order it online. Now seeing as how these items may be purchased at the hotel, it's a win-win to get Walmart to deliver the snacks, water, juice boxes etc. The delivery charge is very reasonable, and free if you're over $50-$75.

hollygolitely93 said:
Ha! 7am the restaurant opens or I have to catch a 7 am bus to get to parks at 8am. So...if the latter my next question...how often do buses run...every 20 minutes? If I catch a 7:20-7:30 bus what time will I get to MK... 8:30?

Not sure what time the restaurant opens, but you want to be at the bus stop by 7am. :-) We did this in Oct and it was perfect timing for us.

Looking to try a Royal Guest Room...is there any special requests or anything I should ask for?

Also, are the boats to DtD pretty efficient? We will have a rental car, but was thinking of trying this as the boat ride just sounds so nice- sometimes we just enjoy riding around property. And did I read that the boat dock for POR is near Rainforest cafe?

We visit frequently to Disney but are new to the POR resort. Thanks in advance for any and help and advice!

Not sure what time the restaurant opens, but you want to be at the bus stop by 7am. :-) We did this in Oct and it was perfect timing for us.

The food court opens at 7, but the bakery opens at 6. They have cappuccino, espresso, cinnamon rolls, bagels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter