Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone happen to have the food court song on video? You know the one the staff sings and dances to every hour... the song drove Dh batty and now he is singing it all the time to drive me batty. I looked on youtube but did not find it.

snubie said:
Does anyone happen to have the food court song on video? You know the one the staff sings and dances to every hour... the song drove Dh batty and now he is singing it all the time to drive me batty. I looked on youtube but did not find it.

Lol... I have been singing it periodically since we got back too! I had no luck on YouTube either...

Hi,
I am very new to posting on here. I've been reading posts for over a year when we planned our first trip a year ago. We stayed at All Stars last year and are staying this year at Port Orleans! :cool1:

My question is this, my family of four are traveling with my parents. We have reserved a Royal Room for us and my parents are staying in a regular room. We have not made any request because I don't know anything about doing that. Will we be in separate buildings or is that something I should be requesting that we be put in buildings at least near each other? I think from what I've read the Royal Rooms are in two of the buildings and the other buildings are just the regular rooms. I would like to be somewhat near them if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me! We are so excited to be staying here on our next trip! :)

Hi,
I am very new to posting on here. I've been reading posts for over a year when we planned our first trip a year ago. We stayed at All Stars last year and are staying this year at Port Orleans! :cool1:

My question is this, my family of four are traveling with my parents. We have reserved a Royal Room for us and my parents are staying in a regular room. We have not made any request because I don't know anything about doing that. Will we be in separate buildings or is that something I should be requesting that we be put in buildings at least near each other? I think from what I've read the Royal Rooms are in two of the buildings and the other buildings are just the regular rooms. I would like to be somewhat near them if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me! We are so excited to be staying here on our next trip! :)

Welcome from another Michigander! Link your two reservations and ask for your parents to be placed in the Magnoila Building and for your Royal Room to be in the Oak building. (Some people have even received some pixie dust when requesting this with the second room being upgraded to a Royal Room also.)

One more sleep! We arrive tomorrow, can not wait!! I want to say thanks again to Venom and Andre for all your help! I want to say this before the thread was closed, before 250 pages and I was worried it would close before my trip but it looks like I made it! Reading this thread became a part of my nightly routine before bed over the last few months and it really helped to keep me excited about our trip!

Last question, what is a good time to check in? We are driving and I am just curious if there is a particular busy time to avoid?

Last question, what is a good time to check in? We are driving and I am just curious if there is a particular busy time to avoid?

Mid-morning to mid-afternoon can be a bit busy, but there can be sudden blips when ME drops off a load of guests at one time. Basically just check in whenever you arrive. If you've done Online Checkin that should help as even when there's a line it should move fairly quickly.

Andre

So sad :(

We loved our stay @ POR and have 2 nights left in Orlando (we are staying offsite right now) so i called Disney to see if we can get back in for the rest of our stay and NO ROOMS available :(. Nothing at all. Not even at any other resort.

I was not expecting that. I figured we probably wouldn't get a Royal Room again but never thought it would be 100% full at this point in the year :(

I was not expecting that. I figured we probably wouldn't get a Royal Room again but never thought it would be 100% full at this point in the year :(

Sorry about that, I'm guessing it's being caused by the bad weather in the north-east stopping people from getting home. They must be getting a lot of no-shows too, but they can't cancel those unless the guests tell them to. Plus it's the start of Valentine's Week, and maybe even of people coming early for President's Day breaks. It is very rare for WDW to really be at 100% though, they have a LOT of rooms!

Might be worth popping along to the POR front desk in person on your way to/from the parks and asking if there's anything they can do for you with any cancellations?

Andre

We're here!! They'd run out of Pixie dust by the time we arrived, so we are out in Building 28 but it is wonderful and pretty and quiet.....AND DISNEY!!
Having such a wonderful time, great food, slightly busier parks than we'd hoped for but everything is amazing!

andrewilley said:
Sorry about that, I'm guessing it's being caused by the bad weather in the north-east stopping people from getting home. They must be getting a lot of no-shows too, but they can't cancel those unless the guests tell them to.

Andre

I figured as much. But was assuming that by Sunday things would be ok. Figures - we fall in love with staying on site @ POR and now we can't get back in there LOL

DH does not like to spend $$ so the fact that it took zero convincing to get him to cancel our current rez at another hotel & switch back to POR for the last 2 nights......well even he is disappointed.

Good morning! Only 13 days until we check in, and I am so excited! Usually a lurker, but can't contain my excitement any longer. Hope everyone in the NE is ok after Nemo.

Anyone else see the irony of a storm named NEMO causing people to have to stay in WDW longer? :rotfl::rotfl:

On that note, we were there in September of 2004 when like 4 hurricanes went through central FL back to back. We were worried about driving home in the middle of it, so we went to see if we could stay another 2 nights and just "ride it out." There was NOTHING available in all of WDW because everyone else was doing the same thing. Even though it wasn't a busy time of year, they were booked solid...everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter