1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubySlippers

RubySlippers DIS Veteran

Looks like POR is completely booked next weekend. We are coming in on the 18th and our friends called to book a last minute trip to join us at POR. They were told that there are no rooms available . They booked Saratoga Springs instead. 1 week.... WE CAN NOT WAIT!!!!:cool1:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kevin1281

Kevin1281 Earning My Ears

That's what I was thinking.

4. Kevin1281

5. Kevin1281

Is EVERY standard view a view of the parking lot, or just the majority?

6. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

7. samgminov

samgminov Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your response! You all must be sick to death of all the posts regarding room locations, but the size of POR was my one big hesitation in booking it and it has really helped me so much to know that we won't be hiking a mile each morning to the nearest bus stop. Now I'm off to PM the witch doctor :rotfl:

8. BrandiB

BrandiB Earning My Ears

This thread is filled with so much useful information that it is definitely going to make my decision to stay here an easy one. Thanks! :)

9. Caseystigger

Caseystigger Pirate Princess

We're coming in on the 18th too! :banana:

I was checking the availability the other night for that weekend for some friends and noticed the POR was booked. There were some rooms at POFQ though. They just can't make up their mind if they want to come or not. :confused3

Enjoy your trip!!

10. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

The vast majority, yes. A few others are categorised as Standard because their view cannot really be classed as Garden - e.g. they mostly look out onto a stairway or wall.

[​IMG]
    An example of Standard View - still quite nice though, hardly a city-scape expanse of concrete.

[​IMG]
    Garden View in Alligator Bayou (the mansions tend to be more of courtyards/fountains/etc, plus some woodsy areas)

[​IMG]
    Water View (again, Alligator Bayou).

[​IMG]
    A Direct River View from a Royal Room.

[​IMG]

A 'set back' River View from Acadian House (gardeners optional! :) )

Quite. Personally I feel the same. But then we do tend to leave our blinds open a lot of the time during the day (as there are so many routes to get to rooms, the foot traffic on walkways outside any given block of rooms tends to be very low).

Also, if we're in a River View room we never walk to the elevators anyway, unless we're pulling cases, we just use the nearby stairs for quicker access (it's only one flight). That would be different for people with multiple strollers or mobility issues of course. And the AB buildings have no elevators to worry about anyway.

But each to their own, if you don't mind keeping your blinds shut, or seeing a few cars from your window (or you just don't spend much time in your room) then you can save a whole heap of money!

Andre

11. andrewilley

No problems, glad to be able to help make a little extra magic for people. It does help to read through the thread as a lot of things have been answered already of course, but there are so many messages! And also each person's question might be a little different - and let's face it if you're spending thousands of dollars on a Disney vacation it's not a bad idea to do your research places like this where you can get first-hand info.

Grrrr, now I've got the words "PM the Witch Doctor" spinning round my head to the tune of that old Witch Doctor song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A :)

Andre

12. tink68

tink68 Mouseketeer

Received our Mickey mail yesterday! :banana: 33 more days until we arrive and can start having some fun. I need to get away. :laughing:

13. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

We're on magical express!!!!!!!!!!!

14. danicaca

danicaca Mouseketeer

I can't wait to post that here! 137 days to go! Have a great trip!:banana:

15. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Hey who is the witch doctor? Watch that tone... I like Magic Mouse or Donald Duck etc... LOL

Congrats doing the happy dance for you!:banana::banana::banana:

Sweet!!! Your finally there!!! :wizard:

16. andrewilley

I did manage to get as far as the new online checkin system just now, and the options are as follows (still no proper free-format text entry, but at least it no longer asks if you want a fridge):

[​IMG]

Andre

17. andrewilley

Sorry, you'll have to blame samgminov [​IMG] :stir:

Still can't get that flippin' song out of my head. :)

Andre

18. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

I am very surprised that they don't ask which section (Mansions or Bayou). Or are they using a general request form that each resort will use.

19. samgminov

samgminov Earning My Ears

That's a much jazzier version of that song than I remember growing up! Makes me want to :banana: I do apologize, however. Sometimes I get a song stuck in my head at the end of the night and can't sleep for hours, so I feel your pain.

20. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
    Walla walla, bing bang

:stir:
    :rotfl2:

21. tink68

tink68 Mouseketeer

Lucky! Have fun! :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.