Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

I would put Oak Building into the requests it is a little closer to Old man Island. I don't know what view or type room you have so cant make too much of a suggestion. But That is my favorite building.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Venomhatch

Replying back to you...

4. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yup, no problems. :thumbsup2

Andre

5. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

Is it intuitive that you can keep the fan on (Royal Room, BTW), or is it something like at CSR where you have to hold some buttons at the same time, etc. to override the thermostat? We like it cool when we sleep. Should I just buy a balloon to keep the motion detector going?

Wow! Last time I was at Disney (a couple of years ago), there weren't any coffee makers in the rooms! I'm so excited because it's a short trip so I didn't want to buy a refillable mug, and being able to have a cup of coffee while getting ready in the morning anyway is great!

6. Venomhatch

No the fan will remain running. If you want the AC to keep going you may want to use the balloon idea.

7. iwannago2disney

iwannago2disney Earning My Ears

Hubby and I are traveling with our two daughters, ages 6-8. It is our first time to Disney and would probably like convenience to the main building and bus stop. Thanks!

8. iwannago2disney

iwannago2disney Earning My Ears

Thank you. Oak building wast guess but it's our first time and I wasn't sure.

9. HLAuburn

HLAuburn DIS Veteran

The "problem" with the Royal Rooms is that the buildings they are in are both across the river from the main building and the bus stop is in the building next door. But compared to many other buildings, especially some in Alligator Bayou, the walk isn't really that far. Oak Manor is closer to the bridge and the East Depot bus stop, so that might be your best option for a request.

And personally, I think it's easier to have a room on the first floor so you don't have to worry about finding an elevator to move your bags or sleepy kids up. :)

10. Venomhatch

Well the elevators are all in the middle of the mansions so you won't have to find them. But it is up to you!

11. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that this thread is AWESOME and I'm so indebted to the multiple knowledgeable people who continuously provide answers to all our questions. You guys are amazing, truly.

12. Caseystigger

Caseystigger Pirate Princess

If you want to be able to go from room to room internally I would request connecting rooms. Adjoinging rooms will only get you rooms next to one another as I understand it. :)

13. Go Ask Alice

Go Ask Alice Earning My Ears

Thanks Venomhatch! You'll get a lot of UK guests in May, school holidays and fantastic deals right now for us! I have a Q, when we check in to the resort can we ask for a room near a Designated smoking Area or will a room be already allocated to us? Me and my DH are in the process of quitting but its not going so well :rotfl: Oops I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread, I'm actually staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, Newbie mistake is my excuse lol xx

14. mum2four

mum2four DIS Veteran

Just booked our first stay at POR for May 2013! :yay:

Had debated back and forth forever on going with POR or AOA suite. Sat down last night to book AOA, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't swallow the cost! Decided to go with POR instead, and I'm very happy with that now.

I see so many posts about people requesting rooms close to the main building/transportation, etc. I just have to ask - am I the only one that wants to be out in the boonies? Just looking at the pics, I think it would be great to be "lost" somewhere out in the back of the bayou, lol! We have small children, but the walking doesn't deter me at all. Just curious if I'm the only oddball. :)

15. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

We were in Parterre Place in August. We had an upper floor room next to the elevator and it was a fantastic location IMO. Beautiful walk by the gardens, fountain, and along the river to cross the bridge to the main building and South depot. Not far at all.

16. Distopia

Distopia Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We need a little help from the experts for our upcoming trip. We're returning to POR for 2 weeks, but booked only 6 weeks ago. We always book preferred and usually way in advance, but there were none available this time. Garden view was what we chose. We will be in AB because we are a party of 5.

Now, my mother will be joining us the second week and has also booked a garden room. She linked our bookings when she booked and requested building 16. Do I also need to call and request that building on my booking with Disney and link the booking from my reservation, or should I send a fax? We are just over a week from departure. I almost always do online check-in, but I held off this time. What to do! Any info would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

17. RunRosemary

RunRosemary Earning My Ears

So excited! After reading all these posts, it's finally my turn. Just checked us in for our Marathon Weekend trip! I was hoping to submit a few requests but it only seemed to allow me to request a crib. Weird. No worries, I'll try to submit those in my fax. Thanks for everyone's advice, suggestions, tips, etc. it's going to be a once in a lifetime trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. Canooknic

Canooknic Mouseketeer

We haven't made a request, I don't really want to be too far away from the main building etc but I don't understand how it works if everyone is requesting the same area then clearly everyone isn't going to get what they want!
    My thinking is that if I haven't put in a request then it can't be denied so I can't be disappointed and if we get a little bit of pixie dust then I'll be extra happy!

19. Venomhatch

If everyone isnt going to be there at the same time it is possible.

20. Venomhatch

Congrats on your booking your visit at POR!

Most families I have spoken with have had children with some sort of medical situation, or elder parents along with them. But POR is huge, so it can be quite accommodating.

21. jcbinette

jcbinette Earning My Ears

We have three kids (8,5 and 2) and are currently booked in a preferred room which means an AB room with a murphy bed. I like that all five of us will be able to sleep on a regular mattress but I am concerned that we will have no room for storing clothes and suitcases. I am wondering if I should change to one of the new royal rooms (which I prefer the decor of) and use a pack n play for our 2 year old. Can you fit a pack n play in the royal rooms? They seem like they have more space for storage. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.