Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, there are 16 rooms there which are officially classed as River View, 1409-1416 (ground) and 1441-1448 (upstairs).

Booking a "Preferred Location" room category could give you a standard (i.e. parking lot) or a garden outlook in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27. It would not normally give you a King Bed room, nor a water/river view, as even within buildings 14/15/18/27 those room types fall into the King/Water/River booking payment categories. Of course you might get upgraded to what is technically a different category.

Andre

Thanks for that clarification Andre.

I'm not really concerned with any obstacles hindering my view. In fact, at the mods we normallly keep the shades closed when we are in the room because of traffic walk by. I do enjoy the view when we are out on the walkway though!

We took the river view option for the new discount for location, because we have one ressie linked to ours (3 rooms) with a group of 5 so we know we're going to be in AB. Having the river view means we know we'll be in one of 3 buildings (14, 27, and 38). We like the location of all 3, and having a room facing the river makes getting to the pool and main building a breeze!

:woohoo:

I even brought my Keurig coffee maker!

While on the subject of coffee... :coffee:

I know that the rooms have those Cuisinart pod machines now. For anyone who's been there since the change, how does the coffee Disney provides taste? I'm wondering if I need to go buy some pods for us to bring, or if the pods they're putting in the rooms are decent.

Thanks!

Well river view even in preferred is still a slight charge more. But if you were to put it into your request then maybe you might get some magic sprinkled.

Where I agree with you they are classified river view. I when visited as a guest and even now disagree with Disney Classifying them as RV. There is quite a bit of obstruction on the other rooms to see the river. The ones I listed are un-obstructed views.

WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location? I don't think I want a pool view as it may be loud....we prefer somewhat quiet but I just don't want parking lot view......We are booked for April!!!!!My 7year old is going to love the water wheel!!!!

While on the subject of coffee... :coffee:

I know that the rooms have those Cuisinart pod machines now. For anyone who's been there since the change, how does the coffee Disney provides taste? I'm wondering if I need to go buy some pods for us to bring, or if the pods they're putting in the rooms are decent.

Thanks!

To me they taste similar to Folger's Regular Coffee just repackaged. Its ok, but if you like the hazelnut flavored or caramel flavored then you may want to bring some.

I booked standard view, btw

Well this is often a argued point but, IMO Oak building is more beneficial for a Standard Room. Because you can go right out the way towards the parking lot and see a bus stop if you want to head strait to a park. Or you can go towards the river and take the foot bridge over to the main building and enjoy the gift shop, food court, Main Bus Depot, Boat Wrights, Etc...

WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location? I don't think I want a pool view as it may be loud....we prefer somewhat quiet but I just don't want parking lot view......We are booked for April!!!!!My 7year old is going to love the water wheel!!!!

PMed you...

WOuld it be best if I booked a preferred room to then request a top level, non-parking lot view room close to everything? DO I really need to request a certain building or are all the preferred buildings in a good location?

Personally I'd suggest just booking Preferred and requesting upper floor, non parking-lot view. No need to over-complicate things, and that way you'll give them the best chance of trying to match what you actually want, rather than trying to match a building number too.

Andre

To me they taste similar to Folger's Regular Coffee just repackaged. Its ok, but if you like the hazelnut flavored or caramel flavored then you may want to bring some.

Thanks, Venom. We might buy some Wolfgang Puck pods just in case. We aren't too into flavors, but we do like good coffee.

Personally I'd suggest just booking Preferred and requesting upper floor, non parking-lot view. No need to over-complicate things, and that way you'll give them the best chance of trying to match what you actually want, rather than trying to match a building number too.

Andre

Thank you and thanks Venom for your PM. very helpful

We check in on Saturday (tomorrow!!!!) -- but we'll probably arrive at the resort around 11:30. I am hoping and praying that our room is ready by then -- I am trying to "up" our chances of that by NOT making any special room requests. (We are booked in a RR - Standard). Is this a good plan?

We check in on Saturday (tomorrow!!!!) -- but we'll probably arrive at the resort around 11:30. I am hoping and praying that our room is ready by then -- I am trying to "up" our chances of that by NOT making any special room requests. (We are booked in a RR - Standard). Is this a good plan?

It might. We have only had to wait for a room once and we usually get to the resort by noon. The one time we had to wait we had a request.

I don't mind the wait, they gave us room keys and said they would call. We had our bathing suits in our carry on and hung by the pools until they called us. We got a call around 1:30pm but hwere having fun at the pool and didn't get to the room until 3pm. Our bags from ME were already in the room.

We are leaving in 3 weeks. We are a 2 family party of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids 7 and under) travelling together. We booked Royal Guest Rooms and requested adjoining rooms. Any special requests I should make as to location? We only paid for standard view and want to be easily accessible to the main building, Old Man Island and the buses.

Anybody ever use a pack n' play / portable crib @ POR?!

I was wondering what kind they have and what type of condition they are in.

I stayed at Pop Century a few years ago and the pack n play was absolutely disgusting - stains all over it (and I'm not normally a complainer). Of course I'm a little worried about it this time around!

I posted some photos on the POR photo thread from my December 2011 trip. Better late than never:).

I made a reservation for my favorite moderate, POR, for April 14-21. I can't wait to experience this resort as just a couple. It's so romantic:love: We booked a king size bed because it standard wasn't available and king was only $89 more than garden. I requested non-accessible room (I had one on our December trip - I want the split bathroom), riverview (can't hurt to try), upper floor. I may change the upper floor to Magnolia Bend as I don't think I like the AB King bed rooms much.

I posted some photos on the POR photo thread from my December 2011 trip. Better late than never:).

I made a reservation for my favorite moderate, POR, for April 14-21. I can't wait to experience this resort as just a couple. It's so romantic:love: We booked a king size bed because it standard wasn't available and king was only $89 more than garden. I requested non-accessible room (I had one on our December trip - I want the split bathroom), riverview (can't hurt to try), upper floor. I may change the upper floor to Magnolia Bend as I don't think I like the AB King bed rooms much.

I just looked at your photos. Really think we're going to book POR for our next trip...hopefully November.

I think this is where we are going to stay. The only thing that disappoints me is having to stay in AB instead of a RR. I think my 6 year old would of loved that. I don't really like the theme too well in AB, at least from the pictures I have seen. I have read there is a coffee pot in the room. Is it a single cupper or does it brew more cups?

Hopefully Venomhatch can answer this. We have reservations for 2 River view rooms in AB and requested connecting. Do they even have connecting river view in the AB? Also last time we stayed in the Mansions on the top floor and loved the view, because we have five people I know we will be in AB, are the views just as nice. Should I asked for top floor or is there no difference in the view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter