Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booking for Feb 2013. Royal Room Never stayed at POR which view? Does it really matter since there is no balcony?

Our count down is down to the teen's!!! Question what is everyone's thoughts on online check in? We land at MCO at 11:30am I figure we should be at POR by 1 o clock. Should we check early online or at the resort?

Wow I can't believe I didn't catch that sooner. We love the idea of a ceiling fan for night time. Does the room get hotter since their is no help of circulation from the fan? Or does it make a difference at all with them not there?

I have never stayed in the rooms before so I can't compare to what it was like with the ceiling fan but I can say that the room definitely never got hot. If anything it got chilly during the night but nothing that was uncomfortable. I honestly can't think of one thing I could complain about with the new rooms. They are perfect! Well maybe one thing. I wish the fireworks on the headboard stayed on for more than 30 seconds so my kids didn't have to press that button a million times! LOL

There is way too much confusion going on with this resort. I was told by my TA today that a family of 4 (which we are) wouldn't get a room with a Murphy bed because those are only for families of 5. Do not all rooms in AB have a trundle or (soon to be) a Murphy bed? I guess I assumed they all did?

There is way too much confusion going on with this resort. I was told by my TA today that a family of 4 (which we are) wouldn't get a room with a Murphy bed because those are only for families of 5. Do not all rooms in AB have a trundle or (soon to be) a Murphy bed? I guess I assumed they all did?

Yes all of the rooms in AB have murphy beds. But the mansions do not. So if u are a family of 4 they will most likely place u in a mansion buildings. 2 out of the 4 mansion building have regular rooms. The other 2 are royal rooms which u have to pay extra for. Hope this helps. Check out andre's website it has the best POR info around.

I found this very detailed YouTube video from Mousesteps.com about all the refurbished rooms at POR. It covers AB, the regular mansions and the RGR rooms. Warning, it runs about 15 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYZbeS_23wk&feature=relmfu

Thank you so much for posting this video. What an excellent job:wizard::wizard: I'm so excited--more than the kids?? It is all in the details--just remarkable. DH & DS17 will love it! Love the water faucets!!

Do not all rooms in AB have a trundle or (soon to be) a Murphy bed? I guess I assumed they all did?

Yes they do. In fact, even the refurbished King Bed rooms in AB have a murphy bed - but there's no way to book one of those rooms for three people as yet.

Since the AB section is the only area at POR that can sleep five, parties of that size have to be prioritised into the Bayou rooms first. However unless there are a heck of a lot of 5-people groups there at any one time, there are bound to be smaller families allocated there too. There are 1,024 AB rooms compared to 512 regular mansion building rooms, so otherwise you stand about a 2:1 chance of getting Alligator Bayou anyway - and if you're really determined, just book a Preferred Location room and you'll definitely be in AB even if there's only one of you.

Andre

We are home! I cant believe I got everything unpacked and put away and even doing a load of laundry lol

We tried booking a bounceback but wasnt eligible for Feb. 2013. We booked a RGR Riverview for 2/14 for 10 days....once the rates for 2013 come out we will book the package deal.

I love love love POR. It was one of the most peaceful resorts I've been to in a while. I will be honest...I wasnt a fan of the food court but I did love their coffee. There are those new coffee makers in the room and I did try to get one of the old ones but they said they dont have them anymore. The coffee pods are kinda gross in my opinion which is why the food court coffee was much better in my opinion. The pool is awesome and so are the quiet pools. I didnt get a chance to walk around AB but Magnolia Bend is sooo pretty. The walk wasnt bad at all no matter which mansion you are in.

I know there are somethings I will definitely do differently. I got a notebook with all kinds of different ideas already lol I'm rambling and probably not making much sense because I'm so darn tired lol

Hi again Andre!

We're considering booking our Sept/Oct 2012 trip at the POR (we've done POFQ three times).

Do any of the buildings have elevators?

I have MS and would prefer not to have to walk far to get to the food court and bus stop. Ideally I'd like a room with an elevator, that is relatively close to the main building. Do I just do a regular room request with a note that it's for medical reasons, or do I have to go through a separate booking process?

Also, I really dislike the AB rooms, so much so that I am hesitating to stay at the POR on the off chance we are assigned to one. What are my options in this regard?

We love POFQ but after three stays it's time for something different. The amenities of these resorts are so good, it doesn't look like we'll go very far!

We checked out yesterday and I am having POR withdrawals. This was our first on-site stay out of 15 plus trips, and POR did not disappoint.

We were in Oak Manor building 90 with a beautiful view of our courtyard and the water, boat dock, etc. Short walks to everything, although we never did make it over to AB. Main pool and quiet pool were both great.

Food court was crowded in the mornings as I expected. I will say the food court was better than I anticipated.....not great, but definitely better than I imagined!

I have to say that Disney really did an awesome job on the Royal Rooms! We were very impressed with all the details. And POR is just really a beautiful and peaceful resort. My only complaint is very minor--we hated walking through all the smoking areas, they were all on the main paths and very annoying to have to walk through 2-3 areas of smokers just to get to the food court area. Just seems like they could move those somewhere more out of the way.

We had no problems with the bus service, even made it to our 7:20 a.m. Chef Mickey ADR on time :)

On a side note, if the new part of Fantasyland is a good indication of what the rest will be like.....AWESOME!! It was beautiful.

Can't post any pics yet, as we are driving home after a quick visit with the in-laws and won't be home until midnight. I will post some tomorrow if I can.

So thankful for this thread and all the tips it gave us to have a magical vacation:worship:

Do any of the buildings have elevators?

Yes, all of the mansion buildings have elevators (in the central section). None of the Alligator Bayou ones do, so that works out just fine for you. Or just get a ground floor room of course.

Somewhere in the central block of Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace should be good for you (close to the elevators). Acadian probably has a slightly shorter walk from the rooms which are nearest to the elevator, and you can also use the North Depot bus stop quite easily from there.

Sounds like you don't need to book a specific Accessible room type, so just book the normal way and then contact the Special Needs phone line to request a specifc location on medical grounds.

Andre

We checked out yesterday and I am having POR withdrawals. This was our first on-site stay out of 15 plus trips, and POR did not disappoint.

We were in Oak Manor building 90 with a beautiful view of our courtyard and the water, boat dock, etc. Short walks to everything, although we never did make it over to AB. Main pool and quiet pool were both great.

Food court was crowded in the mornings as I expected. I will say the food court was better than I anticipated.....not great, but definitely better than I imagined!

I have to say that Disney really did an awesome job on the Royal Rooms! We were very impressed with all the details. And POR is just really a beautiful and peaceful resort. My only complaint is very minor--we hated walking through all the smoking areas, they were all on the main paths and very annoying to have to walk through 2-3 areas of smokers just to get to the food court area. Just seems like they could move those somewhere more out of the way.

We had no problems with the bus service, even made it to our 7:20 a.m. Chef Mickey ADR on time :)

On a side note, if the new part of Fantasyland is a good indication of what the rest will be like.....AWESOME!! It was beautiful.

Can't post any pics yet, as we are driving home after a quick visit with the in-laws and won't be home until midnight. I will post some tomorrow if I can.

So thankful for this thread and all the tips it gave us to have a magical vacation:worship:

We checked out Thurs...I agree with you about the smokers ugh! I was in the food court most mornings by 6:30 just to get coffee and it was very quiet. The crowds actually start getting big around 8am...its crazy insane in there. This was our first stay at POR it didnt disappoint us either!

Would love to see pics of all the quiet pools and where they are located. Can anyone direct to where these may be located if there is such a thing? Thanks!:worship::worship:

Would love to see pics of all the quiet pools and where they are located. Can anyone direct to where these may be located if there is such a thing? Thanks!:worship::worship:

I dont have pictures but they are your basic rectangle shaped pool with stairs at one end. There are chairs and a several tables with umbrellas. The laundry room is right there...perfect for doing laundry while taking a quick quiet swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter