Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supergirljennie

supergirljennie Earning My Ears

We arrive on Sunday. Eek!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

I rather doubt you actually spoke to a CM at Port Orleans, but instead to the central WDW call center. Luckily, they are well known for providing highly accurate and up-to-the-minute information - or so they tell all their callers anyway, so it must be true.

Anyway, please believe me when I say that building 14 is refurbished, and they are wrong (mind you, the supplied info they have to work with is wrong too, so I can't wholly blame them on that part).

By the way, do you have a Preferred Location booked, as building 14 is preferred?

Andre

4. mrs06chris

mrs06chris Mouseketeer

Yes, we booked a Preferred Location for 4 nights after our Poly stay. Thank you for the info!

5. HiHoOffWeGo

HiHoOffWeGo Mouseketeer

Again we must thank Andre for all his hard work and for someone just a few paddles off the east (right) coast I believe him to be the best mod on DIS!

THANKS ANDRE!

6. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

Yes we must thank Andre for all his work on these DIS boards and on the POR/POFQ website that he maintains.!!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

7. kristie73

kristie73 Mouseketeer

It was our first trip last month and we weren't sure about dinner reservations but it worked for us. We went to the parks in the morning, then headed back to the resort around 2pm. Swam and rested. Then headed back to that same park(because we didn't have hoppers) for our dinner reservations. We stayed at Hollywood Studios until our dinner reservations at Sci-Fi. One day we went back to Magic Kingdom, then took the monorail to the Polyanisian resort for reservations at Kona Cafe. That worked good, just plan about an hour from your hotel to dinner. Just to be safe. A few times we did dinner downtown too but it was evenings where we weren't going to the parks. We also did one character breakfast at Crystal Palace and I'd do that again. I wish we would have just planned dinner at our own resort one night. Next time I guess. We also had no dining plan. I think we'll look into that too for the next trip. Happy planning!

8. andrewilley

Well folks, many thanks for all those lovely kind words about this thread, which is now at the 250 page limit... phew!

So, please could we now move along in an orderly fashion to the new updated version located at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904701

See you there!

Andre

9. marshallandcartersmo

marshallandcartersmo DIS Veteran

Hi! Heavily leaning towards POR for my November trip....can someone tell me the Preferred location sections/building for the AB side. I'd like to request a building as close to them as possible, and in the AB side for sure. The mansion side is a little too "pretty" for my DS's and DH :rolleyes:, log and woodsy-ness is much better for us!!

Also, is there only one place to refill your refillable mug, and if so where is that?

Is the "Main Pool" on the island in the middle of the resort?? I'm looking at a map on portorleans.org

thanks!!

10. andrewilley

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit and is closed.
    Please see the new updated version located at showthread.php?t=2904701.

See you over there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.