Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part One --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke to a CM at POR to put a request in for building 14 and she said it was not refurbished yet. She said it was scheduled for next month. :confused3

I rather doubt you actually spoke to a CM at Port Orleans, but instead to the central WDW call center. Luckily, they are well known for providing highly accurate and up-to-the-minute information - or so they tell all their callers anyway, so it must be true.

Anyway, please believe me when I say that building 14 is refurbished, and they are wrong (mind you, the supplied info they have to work with is wrong too, so I can't wholly blame them on that part).

By the way, do you have a Preferred Location booked, as building 14 is preferred?

Andre

I doubt you spoke to a CM at Port Orleans, but instead to the central WDW call center. Luckily they are well known for providing highly accurate and up-to-the-minute information. Or so they tell their callers, anyway, so it must be right.

Anyway, please believe me when I say that building 14 is refurbished, and they are wrong (mind you, the supplied info they have to work with is wrong too, so I can't wholly blame them on that part).

By the way, do you have a Preferred Location booked, as building 14 is preferred?

Andre

Yes, we booked a Preferred Location for 4 nights after our Poly stay. Thank you for the info!

Again we must thank Andre for all his hard work and for someone just a few paddles off the east (right) coast I believe him to be the best mod on DIS!

THANKS ANDRE!

Yes we must thank Andre for all his work on these DIS boards and on the POR/POFQ website that he maintains.!!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I really need some advice, and I'm hoping that by asking here some of you who have stayed at the same resort can help me out.

This is our first trip to Disney as a family. (I was four years old the last time I was there).

I need some ideas on the convenienve of dining reservations with regard to location from POR. We are a family who likes to take things slow, so I imagine we will be the type of people who go the park early in the morning and head back to the resort by mid-afternoon for a break and then go back to the park after dinner.

Is it a big time waster to travel to other resorts for dinner reservations, then head back to the park? We really want to eat at Ohana and Whispering Canyon. Or should we try to eat at Downtown Disney or the resort every night? OR is it best to just head back to the park for a dinner there?

I would appreciate any advice. This is so new to us, and I'm supposed to make reservations next week. :confused3

It was our first trip last month and we weren't sure about dinner reservations but it worked for us. We went to the parks in the morning, then headed back to the resort around 2pm. Swam and rested. Then headed back to that same park(because we didn't have hoppers) for our dinner reservations. We stayed at Hollywood Studios until our dinner reservations at Sci-Fi. One day we went back to Magic Kingdom, then took the monorail to the Polyanisian resort for reservations at Kona Cafe. That worked good, just plan about an hour from your hotel to dinner. Just to be safe. A few times we did dinner downtown too but it was evenings where we weren't going to the parks. We also did one character breakfast at Crystal Palace and I'd do that again. I wish we would have just planned dinner at our own resort one night. Next time I guess. We also had no dining plan. I think we'll look into that too for the next trip. Happy planning!

Hi! Heavily leaning towards POR for my November trip....can someone tell me the Preferred location sections/building for the AB side. I'd like to request a building as close to them as possible, and in the AB side for sure. The mansion side is a little too "pretty" for my DS's and DH :rolleyes:, log and woodsy-ness is much better for us!!

Also, is there only one place to refill your refillable mug, and if so where is that?

Is the "Main Pool" on the island in the middle of the resort?? I'm looking at a map on portorleans.org

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter