Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

What a wonderful location!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. Forgive me if this is in the incorrect spot! We are going to be at POR July 13-19. We are driving, but will also be using the buses for some days. Does anyone know of a good location to request that is:

Close to main building, close to parking, AND close to buses? We have 3 children and two of them have congenital heart defects (one had open heart surgery last year which is why we are taking this trip! A celebration!). Neither of them require special services and are not restricted in any way, thankfully! However, they do tend to tire a bit easier than other kids. Not enough for require wheel chairs, etc., but just enough to make it difficult for my husband and I. They are 5 and 7, and though on the small side, carrying for a long period of time just isn't doable for us. We will have one umbrella stroller with us as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you Venom for the fax template! I changed up the wording a little bit but the information was most helpful. We faxed in our requests yesterday which was the 5 day mark to our arrival at POR! We have a preferred room booked and hoping for building 18 on the 2nd floor! Fingers crossed!

Yeah no problem, just your friendly CM helping out.

The day we arrived in Florida on our way to visit family for a week in Melbourne, we stopped at POFQ to get an idea of what rooms we would like. We already knew we preferred something in Bldgs 4,5, or 6, with the help of the room maps on the portorleans.org site.

We walked around with our maps and made a list of about 10 specific rooms either on the 2nd or 3rd floor, corner rooms. Before I left the resort, I asked a staff member how I could fax my room request, she happily wrote down the fax number for me.
I faxed our list from a local library only 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival and nicely typed up the room numbers for each building. It was something I just forgot to do at home before leaving for the first leg of our vacation. I also mentioned that we were arriving around 8 am.
When we arrived.......room ready, and it was one we asked for on the 3rd floor, corner, right by the courtyard where the movies are played at night. It was such a happy way to start our vacation.

Now, I'm sure all guests do not make room requests so for the small percentage that does, maybe it is feasible for PO resort to accommodate. Hopefully all vacationers won't start requesting specific rooms or that could change. I always debate whether to tell my friends and coworkers about requesting rooms.. don't want this information spread too much :rolleyes1

Hopefully all vacationers won't start requesting specific rooms or that could change. I always debate whether to tell my friends and coworkers about requesting rooms.. don't want this information spread too much :rolleyes1

The problem with requesting specific room numbers is that if they're not available, the room assigner isn't going to know why you wanted that particular room and therefore won't know what a good substitute would be. In your case, you could've just indicated building 4, 5, or 6, upper floor, corner room.

What a wonderful location!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. Forgive me if this is in the incorrect spot! We are going to be at POR July 13-19. We are driving, but will also be using the buses for some days. Does anyone know of a good location to request that is:

Close to main building, close to parking, AND close to buses? We have 3 children and two of them have congenital heart defects (one had open heart surgery last year which is why we are taking this trip! A celebration!). Neither of them require special services and are not restricted in any way, thankfully! However, they do tend to tire a bit easier than other kids. Not enough for require wheel chairs, etc., but just enough to make it difficult for my husband and I. They are 5 and 7, and though on the small side, carrying for a long period of time just isn't doable for us. We will have one umbrella stroller with us as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

What room cat did you book? That would help narrow down a request area...

Just the standard. No upgrades. We are a family of 5, though, so it's Alligator Bayou, correct?

Yes, you'll definitely be in Alligator Bayou (unless one of the kids is under 3 anyway, but even then still probably AB).

For a Standard View room, building 16 would best fit your needs. I'd suggest send a fax requesting something like "close to main building, parking and buses - building 16 would be perfect for us, and ground floor if possible".

Go on to explain why you'd like this (i.e. to help make things easier for your children's conditions). I added ground floor at the end as I would have thought that might be easier for you, but if you don't mind which level then leave that out, as allowing them to pick from twice as many room numbers in that building would obviously help your chances.

Andre

Yes, you'll definitely be in Alligator Bayou (unless one of the kids is under 3 anyway, but even then still probably AB).

For a Standard View room, building 16 would best fit your needs. I'd suggest send a fax requesting something like "close to main building, parking and buses - building 16 would be perfect for us, and ground floor if possible".

Go on to explain why you'd like this (i.e. to help make things easier for your children's conditions). I added ground floor at the end as I would have thought that might be easier for you, but if you don't mind which level then leave that out, as allowing them to pick from twice as many room numbers in that building would obviously help your chances.

Andre

Thank you SO much. This is so helpful!

I would first like to thank everyone who has taken the time to share in this thread and all threads designed to making all of our trips extra magical.

My family and I are visiting POR for 9 nights in August. Since our initial booking we have been blessed to have my Mom and two cousins decide to join us. We have 3 total rooms booked.

When I send my fax, I would like to request that my Mom's room be "connecting" with ours as my sons will probably bounce back and forth between the two rooms each night. I would also like my cousins to be in the same building, same floor if possible.

Is all of this too much to request in a fax? It may be the only time we all ever go together and it would be so wonderful to be able to be so close to each other at the resort. Thanks again!

I would make sure when you send your fax you have the confirmation #'s for all 3 rooms so you can reference them, unless you did them all yourself. I don't see that is an "unreasonable" request to have connecting for you and your mother with your cousin on the same floor. What category did you book? They may help with the wording some...Have fun!

My family and I are visiting POR for 9 nights in August. Since our initial booking we have been blessed to have my Mom and two cousins decide to join us. We have 3 total rooms booked.

Also, make sure you have all three bookings set as "linked" on the central reservations system. Three rooms for one party will automatically raise your booking to the attention of the room assignment team anyway, regardless of whether you send a fax or not.

Andre

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread. DH and I go to Disney at least once a year, sometimes twice. We love POFQ! The CMs there are THE BEST! We usually request a building when we book, but have never gotten our request. I never minded because there is no bad area to stay at FQ in my opinion. I just have a soft spot for building 5 since that's where our first FQ stay was. Now I will send a fax before our trip in September and, hopefully will be in building 5 once again. Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to inform us of the best chance to get our requests.

Love this thread so many great responses, but just to be clear.

My family and I will be staying at Riverside for the Christmas holidays. We have booked a Royal Guest Room with a Garden View. Not sure which building would be the best for us.???

When should I be sending a fax or call about a specific room request.

Is faxing the best way to do this? Email or phone better?

My family and I will be staying at Riverside for the Christmas holidays. We have booked a Royal Guest Room with a Garden View. Not sure which building would be the best for us.???

When should I be sending a fax or call about a specific room request.

Is faxing the best way to do this? Email or phone better?

No one can tell you which building would be best for you without knowing what you want, what your family preferences are. Better to request what features you want rather than a specific building to be honest, as different parts of each of the buildings have different pros and cons.

But for all the rest of your questions, see the first post in the FAQ thread and also www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php should help you a lot with choosing a location and faxing your request.

Andre

We are a couple visiting August 9-13th, Paid for King bed, and would love a quiet room with a nice river view ( we don't mind upper level if we get a better view). At night, we like our room the darkest possible. We really love the layout of the mansion rooms.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I should ask in my room request?

thank you very much!

We are a couple visiting August 9-13th, Paid for King bed, and would love a quiet room with a nice river view ( we don't mind upper level if we get a better view). At night, we like our room the darkest possible. We really love the layout of the mansion rooms.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I should ask in my room request?

thank you very much!

From the site it says: King BedL Views of Landscaping, Courtyard, Garden, Bayou, Riverfront or Courtyard Pool, which could be anywhere, nearly.

I guess I'd simply request what you mention. You have a reservation for a King room which you'd like to request be located quietly with a river view.

From the site it says: King BedL Views of Landscaping, Courtyard, Garden, Bayou, Riverfront or Courtyard Pool, which could be anywhere, nearly.

I guess I'd simply request what you mention. You have a reservation for a King room which you'd like to request be located quietly with a river view.

Does anybosy have any room number to suggest? The focal point for me is the view.

No one can tell you which building would be best for you without knowing what you want, what your family preferences are. Better to request what features you want rather than a specific building to be honest, as different parts of each of the buildings have different pros and cons.

Andre
:thumbsup2

Thanks so much this was just what I needed to hear and I found the post and called to make sure I had my request in my reservation. the CM on the phone was so great when I asked for it and said they really try hard to accommodate them when possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter