Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Does anybosy have any room number to suggest? The focal point for me is the view.

You can pay extra for the river view you want and that way be assured of getting it. I'm wondering if you can get a river view just by requesting it if it's a category you can purchase? I hope you get want you want. We've had a river view and it was lovely! And very quiet. Never met another person going to or from our room.

You can pay extra for the river view you want and that way be assured of getting it. I'm wondering if you can get a river view just by requesting it if it's a category you can purchase?

The OP has already booked a King Bed room, and that category does happen to include some rooms which overlook the river. You can't book River View and request a king bed though, as it doesn't work that way round. See my building floorplans, linked from my maps page.

My general suggestion, as always, is to fax with details of what you'd like from your room, rather than asking for specific room numbers (except by way of example to illustrate your point). For example, ask for "river view, preferably mansion building, fairly close to the main building if possible (for example, something like rooms 80xx or 85xx)".

Andre

The OP has already booked a King Bed room, and that category does happen to include some rooms which overlook the river. You can't book River View and request a king bed though, as it doesn't work that way round. See my building floorplans, linked from my maps page.

My general suggestion, as always, is to fax with details of what you'd like from your room, rather than asking for specific room numbers (except by way of example to illustrate your point). For example, ask for "river view, preferably mansion building, fairly close to the main building if possible (for example, something like rooms 80xx or 85xx)".

Andre

Thank you Andre that is very helpful!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And most of all relax, your at Disney World![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]​

Can you suggest some room numbers for my family? We've booked a Royal Garden view...if you know of any good rooms, I'd appreciate your input - we're first timers!! I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor.

I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?

PS: what was crawling in the drawers?

I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor. I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?

Then you probably should request a quiet room on an upper floor, rather than a specific room number which might well already be occupied. This may mean a room a little further away from the main buildings, but the resort is so small that no room is more than about a five minute walk from the facilities anyway.

Corner rooms are very popular because as they have two exterior walls, giving them a second window which makes the room lighter and feel more airy.

See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for lots more thoughts on room locations and requests.

Andre

Can you suggest some room numbers for my family? We've booked a Royal Garden view...if you know of any good rooms, I'd appreciate your input - we're first timers!! I think more than anything is a room that is quiet and preferably not the first floor - I always get a little paranoid in hotels on the first floor.

I see a lot of folks asking for corner rooms...is there a reason?

PS: what was crawling in the drawers?

Yeah Ill send you a PM here in a few minutes. I am just getting up now.

Hi Yall,

We have a trip coming up on Sept 20-29 at POR. We will be 4 adults, 1 child and 1 Infant there. We paid for preferred room because of the girls, stroller and bags. We always use Disney transportation to go anywhere (Parks, resorts and DD). My question is if its possible to have a preferred room close to the pool, transportation and food court all at once. I know we are going to stay at Alligator Bayou because the occupancy (they have the fold-down ‘Murphy’ style bed). It's true that the corner rooms are bigger than the others?
I just want to have the best room possible for my family!!!:goodvibes:thumbsup2:wizard:

Thank you so much!!!:worship::worship:

My question is if its possible to have a preferred room close to the pool, transportation and food court all at once. It's true that the corner rooms are bigger than the others?

All of the preferred rooms are close to everything, that's the whole point of them. Some are a little closer than others of course - 14 gives you about the best access for food court, bus stop and main pool. 18 is better for the quiet pool. But you won't go far wrong in any of them. See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for maps are more ideas.

Corner rooms are exactly the same size as non-corner ones, they just tend to feel a bit more airy due to the extra window.

Andre

In the fax, is it better to ask for a building # and say why, or just say what you want to be closest to? For us, the view is not important, we just want to be as close to the lobby/buses as possible. And I know it's just a request, no guarantees, but do most people end up getting what they asked for?

In the fax, is it better to ask for a building # and say why, or just say what you want to be closest to? For us, the view is not important, we just want to be as close to the lobby/buses as possible. And I know it's just a request, no guarantees, but do most people end up getting what they asked for?

By all means ask for a building number if you wish, but do make sure you tell them why you want it. I'd suggest doing reason first, and then a building number as an example. That way if there's a better option in another building you might get it.

Andre

By all means ask for a building number if you wish, but do make sure you tell them why you want it. I'd suggest doing reason first, and then a building number as an example. That way if there's a better option in another building you might get it.

Andre

Yeah what he said lol. If it ends up being a reason of closeness to something or a view of something you hope to be able to see, then that should be listed first. Then state the building that you would hope for then it is always good to have a back up building or room choices to show them you aren't too picky lol.

I would like to first say thank you to all who contribute to these threads and make things so much easier for the rest of us. Venom and Andre, thanks just don't seem to be enough...

I sent my fax in on Monday to POR. We arrive on 8/8. I received a confirmation fax back from my fax service stating it was sent successfully. Should I be looking for something from the resort as well or will we just see if we receive a little extra pixie dust when we arrive? We are so blessed that our family of 4 trip has turned into an extended family of 8 trip that we are determined that if we are not sprinkled with the extra magic, it will not hamper our vacation in any way.

Thank you all again. I am hoping to be able to pay this kindness forward once we return from our trip!

Have a great day!
Laurie

I sent my fax in on Monday to POR. We arrive on 8/8. I received a confirmation fax back from my fax service stating it was sent successfully. Should I be looking for something from the resort as well

Not necessarily, no. Sometimes people get email replies, but I guess it depends on how busy things are.

Andre

We're coming up on our first stay at POFQ in about two weeks and I can't wait!!! We did book a garden view room because we had the Free Dining PIN and couldn't use it with a standard room. Honestly, view isn't that important to us, but I'm sure it will be nice. Since we're used to values and schlepping to our room, the small size of POFQ is really appealing. We decided not to put in any requests because all the buildings seem to have advantages--closer to bus/food, closer to POR for a walk there, closer to water, closer to pool, etc. We decided to leave it to the room assignment powers-that-be and be happy wherever we end up! We did ask for an upper floor, just to avoid foot traffic outside our room.

But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge. Our previous stays were at values before they had fridges, so I know the cooler/ice thing all too well! Having a fridge was a luxury we were looking forward to (Yes, we're easy to please!). Is sending a fax for this request reasonable? Since we're not making any other requests, and I'd even give up the upper floor preference, do you think faxing a request for a fridge would help our chances?

I see so many people asking for a specific location, even specific rooms, and getting them. We're being wide open as to where we end up--just want the fridge! That should be easy enough, right? Please tell me I'm right! :rolleyes1

We're coming up on our first stay at POFQ in about two weeks and I can't wait!!! We did book a garden view room because we had the Free Dining PIN and couldn't use it with a standard room. Honestly, view isn't that important to us, but I'm sure it will be nice. Since we're used to values and schlepping to our room, the small size of POFQ is really appealing. We decided not to put in any requests because all the buildings seem to have advantages--closer to bus/food, closer to POR for a walk there, closer to water, closer to pool, etc. We decided to leave it to the room assignment powers-that-be and be happy wherever we end up! We did ask for an upper floor, just to avoid foot traffic outside our room.

But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge. Our previous stays were at values before they had fridges, so I know the cooler/ice thing all too well! Having a fridge was a luxury we were looking forward to (Yes, we're easy to please!). Is sending a fax for this request reasonable? Since we're not making any other requests, and I'd even give up the upper floor preference, do you think faxing a request for a fridge would help our chances?

I see so many people asking for a specific location, even specific rooms, and getting them. We're being wide open as to where we end up--just want the fridge! That should be easy enough, right? Please tell me I'm right! :rolleyes1

(Wrong Thread Posting on my behalf)

But here's my question now. We really, really, really want to have a fridge in our room! No medical needs, but just nice to have the cold drinks and a snack or two in the fridge.

Yes, send a fax requesting a fridge if possible. POFQ is currently up to around 50% of rooms having working fridges, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to accommodate your request if they know it's a priority for you.

Andre

Sorry your right. I just woke up and had emails to this one and POR Q&A threads and thought I was in the other one. My bad, so what can I help you with on your fax?

No worries--I know what it's like to try to do anything pre-coffee!!!

I'm just wondering if it's appropriate, given the current situation, to send a fax request for a room with a fridge. As I mentioned, we're not at all picky otherwise and will be happy anywhere we end up. But would really, really like a fridge in the room. I know it's a little different than the usual room request things about location or view, but thought it might be a step toward getting a room with a working fridge. What do you think?

Thanks! And Good Morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter