Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year Everyone!!! ... and to celebrate, the January 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules are now available. The outdoor movies will start at 7pm and the daily campfires commence at 5:30pm this month.

See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for more details and larger/printable versions.

I've been a busy bunny over the Christmas break, and have finally managed to complete all of the remaining room layout plans for Port Orleans for my site. This has been a very regularly requested resource, and I hope people will find it useful.

So as a New Year's present :) here's building one of POFQ as an example...

Layout-FQ1.png

I won't paste them all in here (as some are quite wide) but the rest of POFQ can be found via hotlinks on the map at www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php

Andre

:thumbsup2. Thanks Andre! 21 more days till we check into our 1st stay at FQ! POR mansion section has been a fav when doing moderate stay, but looking forward to trying FQ, and still be a comfortable walk away from POR in case we get homesick, :goodvibes.

I've requested an outside corner room. Fingers crossed.

And only 17 more days till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale. Going to start packing. Hoping for some :beach:

Wow, Andre! I am impressed! You did a lot of work to accomplish this. Maybe other resort threads will follow your lead. I've tried to find exactly this kind of information for friends and always came up empty. Thank you!

pwdebbie said:
The new discount is out for Disney VISA card holders but once again POFQ is not included.
:confused3 Dh doesn't want to stay anywhere else.

I got a Disney visa discount for our April trip. We only saved $200 but better than no discount at all.

Wow, Andre! I am impressed! You did a lot of work to accomplish this. Maybe other resort threads will follow your lead.

I know the Unofficial Polynesian site has full building layout maps (which I think the DIS does not like links to... it's the one run by 'Tikiman' Steve anyway) but I don't know about the others.

Yes, it did take quite a while (the Christmas break helped) and involved cross-referencing quite a lot of photos and other stuff. I think it's now fully accurate, but if anyone spots any errors please let me know. Hopefully it'll help answer more of those room locations questions which keep popping up here anyway.

Andre

We had our first POFQ visit in November '12, and we fell in love! Can't wait to go back!

Andre, that is awesome! Good work!

I have a friend there now and she says that the buses have been shared with POR for every single one of their trips since arriving Thursday except for this afternoon -- and that bus they had all to themselves. I really thought that with the crowds there now that the POFQ bus would be a dedicated, not shared, bus.

I would be surprised if your friend was going to Rope Drop/Park Open and still sharing that many bus rides with POR. Perhaps they sleep in??

Sydnerella's Mama

Sydnerella said:
I would be surprised if your friend was going to Rope Drop/Park Open and still sharing that many bus rides with POR. Perhaps they sleep in??

Sydnerella's Mama

That's what I was wondering too. We were there early December and the only bus we shared was one afternoon bus we took to DHS

We got our Mickey Mail today!!! 30 days from today and I will be checking in!

Thanks Andre for the room maps! That will help for any possible room requests.

Sydnerella's Mama

Oh, they definitely slept in. They are late night people even though the husband is disabled by a traumatic brain injury. In fact, he fell out of his wheelchair there at POFQ because he went over a curb and tumbled.

Getting really excited. Only 21 days left to go! :cool1: This will be our first trip with my two kids. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter January 24th-29th.

What does everyone think the weather will be like? I hope in the lower to mid 70s during the day!

Oh, they definitely slept in. They are late night people even though the husband is disabled by a traumatic brain injury. In fact, he fell out of his wheelchair there at POFQ because he went over a curb and tumbled.

That's no good! Hope he's ok!!

My bus experience and disboard findings are that the resort shares most often only after the AM departure rush and before the PM return rush.

Sydnerella's Mama

Sydnerella said:
That's no good! Hope he's ok!!

My bus experience and disboard findings are that the resort shares most often only after the AM departure rush and before the PM return rush.

Sydnerella's Mama

We spent 12/24-12/31 at POFQ and loved it! Had an outside corner second floor room in building three. Very peaceful resort! The only time shared a bus was 2x middle of the day, to DHS and ak. The rest were all direct. Enjoyed our stay a lot!

33 days to go, Dessert Party booked. I'm all set now and I patiently wait for the day I leave for this amazing resort!

I got a Disney visa discount for our April trip. We only saved $200 but better than no discount at all.

I used the visa discount too (code was Z81). I have a vacation package with dining plan & tickets for easter week. When i first called my price went down $257 on a 7 night stay. The I called back and added an 8th night with another day of dining for $169 more than my credit. Not as big of a discount if I switched to Riverside, but wanted the smaller resort since I will have 2 small kids with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter