Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groomer Gal

Groomer Gal Mouseketeer

That reminds me!

One afternoon we went back to the resort for some down time and our daughters did a craft activity and went to a campfire.

The CM's were awesome! One of them, Shawn, came from a town not that far from where we live and we chatted with him for quite a while.

It's really great for the kids and adults! If you get a chance please have your kids join in the activities. Our girls really loved them!

After a while at the campfire we took a nice stroll (maybe 10 minutes) over to POR to check out their gift shop and see that resort.
    It's a quick , easy, pretty walk. : )

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

I have a friend there now and she says that the buses have been shared with POR for every single one of their trips since arriving Thursday except for this afternoon -- and that bus they had all to themselves. I really thought that with the crowds there now that the POFQ bus would be a dedicated, not shared, bus.

4. bauer1168

bauer1168 DIS Veteran

I noticed that from recent visit too. I've never stayed at POR only POFQ. I knew POR is much bigger but was surprised that is has 4 stops!
    You really do learn something new everyday...

5. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

45 days till I check in at POFQ!

This thread has been so helpful and informative and I want to take the time and thank Andre for all the time and input he has given us, you truly made the decision to go with POFQ a easy one.

I now can't wait to see the gardens, the fountains and experience the food court. Just a little while longer and I will!

6. bauer1168

bauer1168 DIS Veteran

It's a fantastic resort and I'm sure you'll love it, I would recommend this resort to everyone.
    Ahhh and I'm very jealous of you! I stayed there recently and am missing it. Hope you enjoy it!

7. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

In my past 2 stays at POFQ, we only shared the bus with POR one time each trip. One was coming back from EPCOT and the other time was going to AK in the morning.

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

28 days to go :banana::banana:

9. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

The new discount is out for Disney VISA card holders but once again POFQ is not included.
    :confused3 Dh doesn't want to stay anywhere else.

10. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

I think it's such a small resort that it doesn't need special offers to fill it...

11. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

This was what I was afraid of. We are going to switch to POR for now and *hope* that AP rates will include POFQ :wizard:

12. BridgetR3

BridgetR3 Dreaming of Home

I'm confused. :confused3 I can't find the new discount anywhere. Could you put a link here? Thanks!!

13. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

I feel the same way as your DH. We stayed at POR last October and beautiful as it was, it just wasn't "home" for us. We spent the entire week wishing we were at POFQ. Just hoping for a PIN or another kind of discount that includes POFQ for next fall.

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

That's so fustrating, the constant exclusion of FQ for discounts. Lucky for us, FQ was included in the Stay/Play & Dine promo. I was able to get a 20% AAA room only discount for FQ, but switched when the S/P & D promo came out.

For those asking, the current Visa offer comes out for everyone Jan 3.

15. princess-rn

princess-rn <font color=magenta>"Why, it's like a dream. A won

Boo! My husband is the same way. :( I'm on hold with Disney now to see if I can get the promo special...I guess I can hang up now. :headache:

16. princess-rn

princess-rn <font color=magenta>"Why, it's like a dream. A won

I'm going to hang on...maybe we could change to a deluxe if the discount is good enough??

17. BridgetR3

BridgetR3 Dreaming of Home

I was asking because I have a Disney Visa but didn't get any e-mail or snail mail. I was able to find it on the internet though.

Here's a link - Disney Visa Offer

18. pbruce706

pbruce706 Mouseketeer

We're going to POFQ for the first time in February, can't wait! We'll actually be there during Mardi Gras. Does this Mardi Gras themed resort do anything special for Mardi Gras?

19. TravelAgentJen

TravelAgentJen Thats what my fam calls me

This is making me excited! Lots of good feedback on this resort!

20. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Of course! There are Mardi Gras events and activities for the kids, and the cast members have an annual pargo decoration competition between the different departments, and then there's a little pargo parade around the streets of the resort.

Andre

21. pbruce706

pbruce706 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick reply, I figured there had to be something, but searcing Mardi Gras for POFQ yields up endless results since it's Mardi Gras all the time there, heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.