Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If depends if POFQ is one of the mods at which they are staying.

We went during Pop Warner week, but stayed at the Poly. So we didn't really notice them.

That was what I was wondering. I didn't know if they normally stay at POFQ or not. How were the crowds during Pop Warner week?

Quick question. We have only been to WDW once and stayed at CSR. Had we know parking was so easy, we probably would have rented a car.

We want to rent a car this time around, but we're ready for a change. How is the parking at POFQ? Can I expect to park close to our room, and expect finding a spot not being an issue?

We are going in the middle of January. I searched this thread but had a hard time sorting through the hits. Thanks.

Quick question. We have only been to WDW once and stayed at CSR. Had we know parking was so easy, we probably would have rented a car.

We want to rent a car this time around, but we're ready for a change. How is the parking at POFQ? Can I expect to park close to our room, and expect finding a spot not being an issue?

We are going in the middle of January. I searched this thread but had a hard time sorting through the hits. Thanks.

I guess it would depend upon which building you were in as to how close you are to your car. If it is important to you, then you might want to add a request of a building that has a back to a parking lot. We stayed in Building 4. Although we were facing into the resort and a courtyard, the back of the building faced a parking lot where we parked our van. It was so easy. There were plenty of spaces and this was in June.

The map at the beginning of this thread should give you an idea of what buildings to request.

That was what I was wondering. I didn't know if they normally stay at POFQ or not. How were the crowds during Pop Warner week?

Crowds weren't bad at all. Our longest wait was 20 minutes. The Pop Warner kids tend to go the parks in the evenings and when they have been eliminated.

Are there any printers available for use at POFQ? (Just if I needed to print a document - nothing very lengthy)

There are no user-accessible printers, you'd need a resort with a business center for that. However if you ask nicely at the front desk they may be able to print out airline boarding pass, etc for you. They are not really meant to load guest documents (e.g. from memory sticks) though, but I guess they could print an email if you forwarded it to them.

Andre

I like the previous question! It reminded me that I was wondering if any of the resorts had any on-line pc's available.

I guess I am more concerned about the horror stories I've heard from other hotels where people come back at night and can't find a spot etc.

Is there plenty of parking to the point where I wouldn't have to worry about being stuck without a spot?

I guess it would depend upon which building you were in as to how close you are to your car. If it is important to you, then you might want to add a request of a building that has a back to a parking lot. We stayed in Building 4. Although we were facing into the resort and a courtyard, the back of the building faced a parking lot where we parked our van. It was so easy. There were plenty of spaces and this was in June.

The map at the beginning of this thread should give you an idea of what buildings to request.

So excited to be staying at POFQ for my first solo trip! It seems like a great choice because of its size so I feel like it'll be less intimidating. I loved POR but it was huge and I really didn't like POP (way too many people). Looking forward to being able to use the boat to get to DTD again!

I guess I am more concerned about the horror stories I've heard from other hotels where people come back at night and can't find a spot etc.

Is there plenty of parking to the point where I wouldn't have to worry about being stuck without a spot?

Maybe someone else who drives more often to the parks can answer this. We tend to use WDW transportation when we know we are staying until closing. However, we did not have any trouble finding a spot in the lot right behind building 4 when we did venture out with the van.

Hello All!

Booked an impromptu trip to POFQ August 9th-18th in 2 garden view rooms.
Looking forward to returning as this is our favorite moderate resort!

We haven't had a car on our last few trips but never had any problem with parking before. Based on the cars in the lots our last few trips I don't think parking will be an issue in January.Plus it is such a compact resort that if there is no parking near your building it isn't a big deal if you park a lot or 2 away.

every trip and have never had an issue with finding a parking space at any time. We usually go in June which is a heavier time. We usually drive to the water parks, Epcot, DHS and DAK unless we are pairing them up with the MK. Since we usually take midday breaks we're in and out of the parking lot 10-20 times a trip - easily - with no problems.

Crowds weren't bad at all. Our longest wait was 20 minutes. The Pop Warner kids tend to go the parks in the evenings and when they have been eliminated.

Thanks for the info! We've never gone to the world at that time of year so I wasn't sure what to expect. Twenty minute waits so fantastic! :banana:

I'm wondering where the dividing line comes between "Standard View" and "Garden View".

If it's a nice view of trees and courtyard, but with a little bit of parking lot off to the left, for example, does that typically get classed as "Standard" or "Garden"?

In other words, sometimes it's an obvious parking lot view, sometimes there's obviously no parking lot in sight, but how do they classify the rooms that might be one or the other?

I'm wondering where the dividing line comes between "Standard View" and "Garden View".

If it's a nice view of trees and courtyard, but with a little bit of parking lot off to the left, for example, does that typically get classed as "Standard" or "Garden"?

In other words, sometimes it's an obvious parking lot view, sometimes there's obviously no parking lot in sight, but how do they classify the rooms that might be one or the other?

Not sure where the dividing line would be but we have a standard view just last month and it was a corner room on building 4. We were on the opposite side of the parking lot so we could not see the cars at all. We did have a view of the ferns beside the stairwell/elevator shaft on one side and the cobblestone path with a grassy area behind it for the other side. It wasn't a garden but it was very nice!

POFQ - online check is tomorrow. Single digits after the 4th of July. WDW here we come......:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter