• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Couldn't find out what they looked like.

The coffee I drink sells these as "travel packs" so we're good to go. :banana:

Make sure its the single serve ones. I've seen this same method used for a four cup pod. They look exactly the same just one is small like a facial cotton and the other is closer in size to a 45rpm.

Opinions, please. I have stayed at All Stars Music, Pop and CB. Thinking of trying POR for a stay this fall, and just want to know if those of you who have stayed there prefer Riverside or the French Quarter, and why you prefer it. This will be great help! This will be a trip without children.Thanks!

Opinions, please. I have stayed at All Stars Music, Pop and CB. Thinking of trying POR for a stay this fall, and just want to know if those of you who have stayed there prefer Riverside or the French Quarter, and why you prefer it. This will be great help! This will be a trip without children.Thanks!

Since you posted this on the French Quarter thread, you're probably going to get some biased answers... :-)

Biased is fine. I am pretty sure I want to stay at Port Orleans, just not sure if I want Riverside or FQ. Leaning towards FQ.

I haven't stayed at POR(iverside), just POFQ, but I studied up on both before making a decision for my trip this year. My #1 reason for choosing POFQ was the small, compact size. #2 reason was that looking at pics & video, I found POFQ more appealing; it is Pretty and Charming, two traits that go a long way with me. I really enjoyed my stay at POFQ and will definitely stay there again.

Now, as a disclaimer: I'm not a pool person; a lot of people prefer the main pool at POR, plus there are quiet pools there (POFQ just has the one pool). I only used the food court for breakfast; a lot of people prefer the food court at POR. POR also has a table service restaurant, while POFQ does not.

My advice is to check out all the info here and on Andre's great portorleans.org site, look at pics and videos and consider your needs and preferences. There's not a bad choice here, it just comes down to your personal druthers.

Here now--staying in building 1. Don't know about the frog fountain, but every tine I walk past the courtyard in the morning to the food court for breakfast, I hurry past the fountain here because it is surrounded by smokers. Too bad, because otherwise, I'd stop and sip for a few minutes and enjoy the view. The walk by the river is lovely too though.

FYI--if you ask for milk for coffee you will get a little open container with about 1/3 cup milk.

Does the smokers area effect any of the rooms? Can you smell the smoke in your room from the smokers if you are nearby?:crazy2:

I haven't stayed at POR(iverside), just POFQ, but I studied up on both before making a decision for my trip this year. My #1 reason for choosing POFQ was the small, compact size. #2 reason was that looking at pics & video, I found POFQ more appealing; it is Pretty and Charming, two traits that go a long way with me. I really enjoyed my stay at POFQ and will definitely stay there again.

Now, as a disclaimer: I'm not a pool person; a lot of people prefer the main pool at POR, plus there are quiet pools there (POFQ just has the one pool). I only used the food court for breakfast; a lot of people prefer the food court at POR. POR also has a table service restaurant, while POFQ does not.

My advice is to check out all the info here and on Andre's great portorleans.org site, look at pics and videos and consider your needs and preferences. There's not a bad choice here, it just comes down to your personal druthers.

We have stayed at both, POR back when it was Dixie Landings....we weren't impressed with our building location, had issues with the room and they moved us to the Yacht Club....

POFQ, visited many a trip to used the food court ( had some good sandwiches and dinner meals there) and like boating to DTD from there... Finally made a stay there and like the compactness of the resort... Prefer POFQ over POR in size alone... Visited POR Boatwrights and was not impressed with the service or food...

After a day of walking at the parks, don't want to traipse around the resort to get to anywhere... But others love it.... Not us !

I wonder if anyone has info on how many POFQ rooms are connecting. I am just trying to average my chances of this request being met.
Thank you and have a magical day:wizard:

Does the smokers area effect any of the rooms? Can you smell the smoke in your room from the smokers if you are nearby?:crazy2:

The only time we had a problem was when two teens ditched their chaperones and sat right in front of our intake to smoke. So, unless someone sits right outside your room, you should be ok. The smoking areas are not right next to the rooms. Of course, there will always be people who will only step outside their rooms to smoke instead of going to the DSAs. You can't control that other than to talk to them and hope they will respect you enough to not smoke there.

It would be in the courtyard between building 4 and the parking lot:

POFQ-Grounds-2007-4442_forum.jpg

Andre

Warning about the frog fountain. When we stayed at POFQ in Nov. 2011, it was a major smoking area, everyone seemed to congregate there to smoke and chat. DH and I were smokers back then (we quit YAY!) and it was our go-to place from building 7. Both the trash cans on either side of the fountain were ashtrays.

We had building 7, ground floor, corner king room and never had problems with smelling smoke. The room is just out of view on the left side of the frog pond picture. The pathway on the left leads almost directly to it, 7126?

Help - just booked POFQ for October and my inlaws, who are joining us, said they wanted to try Riverside!

Riverside is nice enough - a good 2nd - but I prefer the old time urban feel of POFQ. The POR mansions are pretty and AB is well-themed though too rustic for me. The FEEEEEEEEELLLL of POFQ is just more to my taste.

And the size and bus service with one stop are deal makers IMO.

Anyone able to help with POR experience's that were less than desirable? LOL

I just imagine being stuck in Parterre or Acadian Place and hiking to the pool/play area or for evening bevies and AM coffee.... or being at AB far away AND in the dark depressing rustic rooms that dont appeal to me... And the buses...

Thanks - or convince me it is great :)

Sydnerella's Mama

Kat016 said:
We'll get the place ready for ya!!! Are you from down there?

Well, in a roundabout way...my grandma was from New Orleans, we used to visit just about every year. And my wife and I honeymooned there, and went to POFQ for our 10th anniversary. POFQ just feels like home to us...

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter