1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

According to this post from Easywdw, POR does have a dispenser, but as far as I can tell from this post, POFQ doesn't.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 4disneygenerations

4disneygenerations Mouseketeer

Thanks siskaren, I just don't understand why:confused3

4. gr8tdame

gr8tdame Enchanted

We were there in January and was told they got rid of the half and half dispensers as they were having problems keeping them filled. They were constantly being emptied by people filling cups for the cereal they brought from home or drinking it like milk.
    I guess they will soon be keeping the creamers at the cashier like they do the tea bags.
    I wouldn't mind paying for half and half but I hate those mini creamers...... All that extra plastic.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Oh I think it'll be done by October - it should be complete before the summer in fact. I'd guess it will be finished by around the start of July, but we'll have to wait and see.

Darn, I guess it's my fault then. I really do object to having to buy a whole carton of milk just to put a few drops onto a bowl of cereal I buy at the food court. We usually have a gallon of milk in the fridge back at the room, but I don't want to drag it all the way to the food court for breakfast. The creamer dispenser was just perfect for the job, but a couple of the little cartons will do fine too. They really should supply free milk for the cereal boxes though.

Andre

6. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Good! That'll make the stay better. :)

7. Hallowishes

Hallowishes DIS Veteran

i love reading this thread so much... just about 200 days till i stay at POFQ once again. :cool1:

8. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

We have 216 days....I cannot wait! We've never stayed on property before, so I'm looking forward to all the perks.

9. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Three weeks from now we should be headed south. :)

10. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Lucky! :)

11. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Where is the courtyard with the rectangular "pool" bordered by frog fountains? I can see the parking lot behind it, but I was wondering what buildings it was near. Does anyone have pictures of the other neat courtyards and where they are located? Are there other locations that have views of the narrow "streets" between buildings?

Trying to figure out building/view requests. :-)

Thanks!

12. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran

Thank you for asking this! I was going to ask the same question. I'm guessing the frog fountain must be somewhere between 4-6-7 because I never ventured over there.

I don't have a pic handy to post, but I did wander over to the fountain courtyard surrounded by bldgs 1-2-3 and found it very pretty; it's the large tiered fountain with flower beds and benches around it.

13. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

It would be in the courtyard between building 4 and the parking lot:

[​IMG]

I guess the most 'street-like' section is the roadway between buildings 4, 6 and 7:

[​IMG]

Andre

14. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran

Ah! Thanks, Andre. I can see the frog pond on aerial photos now that I know where to look. Looks like it's on the north side of bldg 4 near the drive/parking lot.

15. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

Warning about the frog fountain. When we stayed at POFQ in Nov. 2011, it was a major smoking area, everyone seemed to congregate there to smoke and chat. DH and I were smokers back then (we quit YAY!) and it was our go-to place from building 7. Both the trash cans on either side of the fountain were ashtrays.

16. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Ooh...thanks for the warning!!

17. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

See in your signature that you Will be staying at POFQ next month...can you report back as to whether this is still a smoking area? Looks pretty but will avoid it if that is the case. Congrats in quitting smoking!

18. LilBlackSheep

LilBlackSheep Mouseketeer

Are the pods re-useable? Will bring coffee from home if they are.

19. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

20. LilBlackSheep

LilBlackSheep Mouseketeer

21. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

Yes, I will. :) And thanks, it's certainly freeing not to always be on the look out for a smoking area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.