Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The walk to the bus was short. We only shared the bus with Riverside during the afternoon bus to and from Epcot and Downtown Disney. But we were the last ones to get on and the first to get off for EPCOT.

How long do you think the bus rides were to each park? We are looking at staying here or an offsite resort right outside the park. Convenience is going to be a major factor on where we end up. We usually stay at deluxe resorts where the park access is easy and usually quick, but can't justify paying that much on this trip.

Can't do any harm to fax, but multiple-room bookings should already be flagged up in the daily reports that the room assignment team runs.

Andre

I might be wrong... but would it be guaranteed if they booked as a Grand Gathering? I'm thinking that might make a difference.

ciera321 said:
We're getting excited for our first stay at POFQ on January 5 - 11. We stayed at POR a few years ago, and can't wait to see Bob Jackson again. He is a whole lot of fun!!! :goodvibes

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in 17 days!!! So excited!

How long do you think the bus rides were to each park? We are looking at staying here or an offsite resort right outside the park. Convenience is going to be a major factor on where we end up. We usually stay at deluxe resorts where the park access is easy and usually quick, but can't justify paying that much on this trip.

I didn't actually time any of the rides. But as an estimate I would say the bus rides were not over 15 minutes for the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Epcot was the quickest from the last stop at Riverside to the bus stop at Epcot. HS was also quick and the least crowded bus. The longest wait for the bus was Sunday to MK. We had to wait a long time before the bus swung by. Three epcot buses and two AK buses came and left before one for MK arrived. That was a little frustrating.

Looks like there will be several of us there the first week of February. I hope the weather is as good as it was last year when we were there!

This site will give you transportation times, http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.UMVSvKXfKME

I find the off site hotel shuttle not as convenient, they run on a sched, depending on where you stay they may only drop you at the TTC and you would have to take WDW transportation to the parks. The pick up at night may be iffy, and you may have to leave before the fireworks to get back to your hotel. And the bus drop offs are further away from park entrance. You have to wait in a parking lot by a numbered parking space. Not pleasant. No covered areas, and wait areas. We stayed off site our first visit.

Sue M said:
This site will give you transportation times, http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.UMVSvKXfKME

I find the off site hotel shuttle not as convenient, they run on a sched, depending on where you stay they may only drop you at the TTC and you would have to take WDW transportation to the parks. The pick up at night may be iffy, and you may have to leave before the fireworks to get back to your hotel. And the bus drop offs are further away from park entrance. You have to wait in a parking lot by a numbered parking space. Not pleasant. No covered areas, and wait areas. We stayed off site our first visit.

We realize that hotel shuttles are more inconvenient than Disney transportation. If we stay off site, we would have a rental car. That would give us more flexibility. Thanks for the link.

Long Gone said:
We realize that hotel shuttles are more inconvenient than Disney transportation. If we stay off site, we would have a rental car. That would give us more flexibility. Thanks for the link.

We just got back from POFQ. Here's a rough approximation of travel times that we experienced:

The bus to DHS in the middle of the day stopped at POR after POFQ so ended up taking 20 minutes or so.

The bus to and from MK was only 10 minutes, direct

Bus to/from Epcot also pretty quick. 10-15 minutes direct

Bus to AK seemed pretty quick also, just have that normal stop for blizzard beach that adds a few minutes. Maybe 15-20 minutes

Boat from DTD was good too. Maybe 15 minutes

For the most part we felt we were really lucky with not having to wait long at all for the busses - coming or going. we usually stay deluxe; this was our first mod stay. We love the monorail resorts, but AKL is also a fav that has busses only. I did not feel that POFQ transportation was any better or worse than anywhere else we've stayed.

It is really good to hear that the travel times to the parks are not too bad at POFQ. The wife and I are taking our DS and DD for the first time and they will only be 22 Months and 5 Months old. So waiting a long period of time was making me nervous. Thanks. :)

We just got back from POFQ and had a good stay except...the loud bassy music at the pool. We were in bldg 2 and was right near the baby pool. I got an sinus infection the end of the week and had to leave the room and sit down by the water towards the DTD side to get away from the noise. It was quite annoying not to be able to nap in the room during the day. No more pool views for us!

We just got back the other day and had a great time. I loved the look of the resort and the CMs were friendly. Just a little warning - I was surprised by how spicy some of the food at the food court was!!! So if that is not what you like make sure to take that into account when ordering your food!
The river was lovely and I loved the music they played by the playground.

mom2travel said:
We just got back from POFQ. Here's a rough approximation of travel times that we experienced:

The bus to DHS in the middle of the day stopped at POR after POFQ so ended up taking 20 minutes or so.

Bus to AK seemed pretty quick also, just have that normal stop for blizzard beach that adds a few minutes. Maybe 15-20 minutes

For the most part we felt we were really lucky with not having to wait long at all for the busses - coming or going. we usually stay deluxe; this was our first mod stay. We love the monorail resorts, but AKL is also a fav that has busses only. I did not feel that POFQ transportation was any better or worse than anywhere else we've stayed.

Thanks for all the info. I think this sways us toward staying here.

I would agree with you, we go back and forth between Deluxe & moderate, POR is our fav moderate, and the wdw transportation is just as good here as any deluxe. Looking forward to our first FQ stay next month :cheer2:

Just booked POFQ for Jan 31-Feb 2. So excited! Our first moderate stay and excited to try out POFQ in particular. :)

Yippee! We're booked March 21-26 at POFQ, two rooms, River View, military discount. Switched from CSR after doing a reconnaissance check there--the resort is WAY too big for my parents to happily negotiate their way around. We have reservations our arrival night at Ragland Road now--boat to DD, dragon slide pool, fun times! :cool1:

PS--It's my twin daughters' birthday trip--they'll be 9 on the 22nd and what could be more fun than waking up in DW on your birthday???

We just switched to a 11 night stay at French Quarter. It is the only mod we have not stayed in. I am looking forward to trying something different. We are big fans of POR so it should be a good trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter